Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Very sweet - but didn't Jonathan start out in a truck?- the next paragraph he's in a car?

But ignoring that - very sweet. And Martha is very much like Lois - headstrong and independent and just a touch insecure... blush

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well you can tell it is certainly from a different era in time. Now there is no way a woman would get in a car with a man no matter how cute without thinking he might be a killer. But life was more innocent back then. Sigh...

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah, nowadays, I would think it pretty creepy that a guy would pick you up from the side of the road (however harmless that may be), and then ask you out at the end. But, back in the old days smile , I think this is a sweet way for Martha and Jonathan to have gotten together.

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was fun. At first, my mind kept trying to make this Lois but I knew that there would be no brother. Fortunately, the appearance of Jonathan cleared that up pretty quickly.

As far as getting into a vehicle with a stranger, I tend to think this is a combination of the times and the setting. I still remember growing up in a *very* small town in the rural southern US where when we would go over to visit, we would just walk into the people's house and yell "Hello" if the front room was empty. I never saw that anywhere else but I did live it. So, I didn't find it particularly odd that Martha got into the truck with what seemed to be a nice stranger.

Bob

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Bob's right about the setting. I had to cure my hubby of that when we moved to suburbia. I warned him about neighborhood watch organizations and he insisted that it didn't matter since he waved to the neighbors.

Anywho, I thought this was very sweet. I can just imagine how conflicted Martha must be at being stood up.

Elisabeth
PS I like the title.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I also remember a time when we left our homes and our cars unlocked, walked into each other's houses, and accepted rides from strangers. Those days are gone. frown

Very nice story, and yes, the title is perfect.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard