#62309 04/01/09 05:41 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Very interesting.

The thing that struck me most is that M/J don't appear to know about Clark and that he hasn't talked to them in a decade. That breaks my heart for all three of them.

More soon please!

What's your posting schedule like?

Carol

#62310 04/01/09 05:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! What a great first chapter! Clark has the angst, the despair, the thought that maybe his life could have been better. You've really nailed his quiet desperation.

I agree with Carol that the saddest thing is how he's voluntarily cut himself off from Martha and Jonathan. No wonder he is spiraling into a deep morass of depression and self-loathing.

And what about the aliens? What an excellent concept!

Crop circles, mutilations, abductions; everyone thought they were the work of hoaxers and tall tales from crazies in Nowheresville. Who knew that they were the precursor of days to come? To an actual, real threat?
I love this! All the stuff that we write off, all the stuff the tabloids print - you mean it's TRUE?!

Great beginning. Post more soon.

#62311 04/01/09 06:44 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh this is FANTASTIC!!! Has a hint of Roswell thrown in (another fave series of mine) and what a GREAT CONCEPT!! LOVE IT!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#62312 04/01/09 07:26 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Well, I'm hooked!

This Clark is fascinating. I'm very interested to see what makes him tick...how on earth did he get to this point? And enter Lois Lane. Clark only thought he was nervous before!

But how/why did Lois's source connect Clark with the aliens?

More soon please!
Amber

#62313 04/02/09 02:50 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great start! I'll be looking forward to more postings from you soon. As Carol asked, what's your posting schedule going to be like?

I've always believed Lois to be Clark's second half. Without her, he's incomplete. You've compounded Clark's feeling of loneliness by taking away his parent's unconditional love and support. No wonder Clark's popping pills and is a complete basket case.

It'll be interesting to see how Lois learned about Clark, and whether Lois will be the catalyst to a Kent family reunion.

grinch

#62314 04/05/09 05:52 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Thanks so much you guys for the great feedback! I'm very happy you are all finding it intriguing so far.

Schedule-wise, my goal is to be posting a chapter once a week to two weeks. Next chapter should be coming this week!

laugh

~Scarlett

"The difference between a hero and a coward is one step sideways."
-Gene Hackman

Visual Dreams
Fan Fiction
#62315 04/06/09 03:42 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice setup. Looking fwd to next part!
dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#62316 04/06/09 06:24 AM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
definitely intrigued and looking forward to the next part

robinson
#62317 04/06/09 06:32 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I can't believe I missed this when it was posted! This is a most intriguing beginning. Who are the aliens? Why are they on Earth? Why are they kidnapping people? Why did they attack Star Labs? Why does Lois think Clark can lead her to the aliens? Why is Clark freaking out over every little thing in his life? Why does Clark think he's such a freak to the point that he's cut off contact with Jonathan and Martha? Does Clark think he's one of the aliens? Enquiring minds want to know! (That was the ad catch-phrase of the National Enquirer tabloid many years ago.)

Excellent setup, Scarlett! I want to see more of this as soon as you can get it ready!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#62318 04/06/09 07:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting idea to explore, Scarlett. I'm guessing that this Clark developed his powers a little later if he managed to get through adolescence without Martha or Jonathan catching on.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop this Clark. He's a different person from the one we know. And this time Clark is the one with the mile-high brick walls. He's going to be running from Lois Lane as far as he can. Oh, except he can't do that, because he's so drawn to her. Poor Clark!

Great style; you're doing a terrific job of showing rather than just telling us about this new Clark.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#62319 04/07/09 10:48 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Intriguing setup, Scarlett. Wonder about the aliens. Are they Kryptonians? And Lois is trying to *get* abducted? Oy oy oy help

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#62320 04/11/09 10:50 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Again, thank you so much!

I'm so excited that you're all finding it an interesting premise. laugh

Next chapter is being refined now so it should be up before too long!

~Scarlett

"The difference between a hero and a coward is one step sideways."
-Gene Hackman

Visual Dreams
Fan Fiction

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard