Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: carolm FDK: Visitation 1/? - 04/01/09 09:41 PM
Very interesting.

The thing that struck me most is that M/J don't appear to know about Clark and that he hasn't talked to them in a decade. That breaks my heart for all three of them.

More soon please!

What's your posting schedule like?

Carol
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Visitation 1/? - 04/01/09 09:50 PM
Wow! What a great first chapter! Clark has the angst, the despair, the thought that maybe his life could have been better. You've really nailed his quiet desperation.

I agree with Carol that the saddest thing is how he's voluntarily cut himself off from Martha and Jonathan. No wonder he is spiraling into a deep morass of depression and self-loathing.

And what about the aliens? What an excellent concept!

Crop circles, mutilations, abductions; everyone thought they were the work of hoaxers and tall tales from crazies in Nowheresville. Who knew that they were the precursor of days to come? To an actual, real threat?
I love this! All the stuff that we write off, all the stuff the tabloids print - you mean it's TRUE?!

Great beginning. Post more soon.
Posted By: bellarase Re: FDK: Visitation 1/? - 04/01/09 10:44 PM
oh this is FANTASTIC!!! Has a hint of Roswell thrown in (another fave series of mine) and what a GREAT CONCEPT!! LOVE IT!
Posted By: amberlea Re: FDK: Visitation 1/? - 04/01/09 11:26 PM
Well, I'm hooked!

This Clark is fascinating. I'm very interested to see what makes him tick...how on earth did he get to this point? And enter Lois Lane. Clark only thought he was nervous before!

But how/why did Lois's source connect Clark with the aliens?

More soon please!
Amber
Posted By: grinch525 Re: FDK: Visitation 1/? - 04/02/09 06:50 AM
Great start! I'll be looking forward to more postings from you soon. As Carol asked, what's your posting schedule going to be like?

I've always believed Lois to be Clark's second half. Without her, he's incomplete. You've compounded Clark's feeling of loneliness by taking away his parent's unconditional love and support. No wonder Clark's popping pills and is a complete basket case.

It'll be interesting to see how Lois learned about Clark, and whether Lois will be the catalyst to a Kent family reunion.

grinch
Posted By: Scarlett Re: FDK: Visitation 1/? - 04/05/09 09:52 PM
Thanks so much you guys for the great feedback! I'm very happy you are all finding it intriguing so far.

Schedule-wise, my goal is to be posting a chapter once a week to two weeks. Next chapter should be coming this week!

laugh
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: FDK: Visitation 1/? - 04/06/09 07:42 AM
Nice setup. Looking fwd to next part!
dance
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK: Visitation 1/? - 04/06/09 10:24 AM
definitely intrigued and looking forward to the next part
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Visitation 1/? - 04/06/09 10:32 AM
I can't believe I missed this when it was posted! This is a most intriguing beginning. Who are the aliens? Why are they on Earth? Why are they kidnapping people? Why did they attack Star Labs? Why does Lois think Clark can lead her to the aliens? Why is Clark freaking out over every little thing in his life? Why does Clark think he's such a freak to the point that he's cut off contact with Jonathan and Martha? Does Clark think he's one of the aliens? Enquiring minds want to know! (That was the ad catch-phrase of the National Enquirer tabloid many years ago.)

Excellent setup, Scarlett! I want to see more of this as soon as you can get it ready!
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK: Visitation 1/? - 04/06/09 11:26 AM
Interesting idea to explore, Scarlett. I'm guessing that this Clark developed his powers a little later if he managed to get through adolescence without Martha or Jonathan catching on.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop this Clark. He's a different person from the one we know. And this time Clark is the one with the mile-high brick walls. He's going to be running from Lois Lane as far as he can. Oh, except he can't do that, because he's so drawn to her. Poor Clark!

Great style; you're doing a terrific job of showing rather than just telling us about this new Clark.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Visitation 1/? - 04/07/09 02:48 PM
Intriguing setup, Scarlett. Wonder about the aliens. Are they Kryptonians? And Lois is trying to *get* abducted? Oy oy oy help

Michael
Posted By: Scarlett Re: FDK: Visitation 1/? - 04/11/09 02:50 PM
Again, thank you so much!

I'm so excited that you're all finding it an interesting premise. laugh

Next chapter is being refined now so it should be up before too long!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards