Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62219 03/31/09 02:09 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
For Terry, yes you are right, Lois can't fake this for long. Obviously Clark knows that something is up, but he's not going to confront her in public. And I've arranged circumstances so that she doesn't really have to get into details with anyone else. Yet. Obviously, she won't be able to fool even most of the people for long.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! I am getting addicted to your frequent posts. Yay! Loved the whole situation which Lois seems to think she's in: married to Superman and having an affair with a married Clark. Awesome !

thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm enjoying this story so far. Poor Lois is trying so hard to act normal. I hope she confides in Clark of someone soon.

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, wow, major cognitive dissonance for Lois! When can she come clean with Clark? Did Tempus really remove her memories? Or, as a previous poster suggested, are they just inaccessible to her? What an evil thing to do!

And you've set it up so that Lois is wondering....wondering....major angst, revelations, and issues to come!

Please post more soon!

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yeah, well, about the frequesnt posts, umm...I've got a few more to go on this story (we're about 1/2 way through up to here), but this is really part 1 of what will be three stories that, as my lovely beta has pointed out to me, are really three parts of one story. That is, the end of this one is more of a comma than a period, if you get my drift. And, well....theothersaren'tfinishedyet....(Ducking for cover.)

So, I could get you through to the end of this one in the next couple of days, but then you'll have to wait a while for the sequel. You wouldn't want me to rush and make it stink, would you? And, you know, Easter is coming. But, on the other hand, so is Spring Break, so more time to write, right?

Hang in there...I'm working on it!

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Adorable and take your time. hyper

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is addictive. I'm looking forward to her reaction when she finds out that Clark is her husband and therefore, Superman. wink

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
By all means, take whatever time you need to make the story right! I'd much rather have quality later than mediocre now. And what you've posted so far is definitely quality!

Love the slightly longer posts. Much more fulfilling and satisfying. And you ended this one at a terrific moment, when Clark has to figure out that something's wrong, and that it has to do with him somehow.

I love Lois' thoughts about being a mommy and that it scares her out of her wits. And it strikes me that Tempus is even crueler than I had first thought. He's taken Mommy away from three children who could not have done him wrong, and he's hurt them badly, even if they don't know it yet. And I can tell you from experience that a man whose wife and children have been hurt is a man you don't want to get in front of when he's "fixing" the problem. And Clark is surely going to find and "fix" Tempus.

The next part has to be her revelation to Clark. "I don't remember the last ten years!" It's going to hurt Clark deeply, not only that his wife is "gone" and this skittish stranger has taken her place, but that his children have been robbed of their mother. (Same sentiment, I know, but it's just so powerful to me!)

Great story. Keep it coming!

Love your sig, too. Reminds me of my wife.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
As I was reading this part it struck me how far in over her head Lois is, but she hasn't realized that she has to work alone. She is used to being a lone wolf, as she said, and isn't used to relying on a partner or a husband. In addition she isn't even used to casual friendships. If she hasn't trusted Jimmy or Perry with this, yet, then I imagine it will cost her dearly to share her confusions with Clark.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard