Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#61483 03/08/09 08:31 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Boy, Flark is still a lunkhead, isn't he?

She's not mortified! She's intruiged!

I do understand Flark's reluctance to go any further than that kiss with her - in part because he doesn't think that's what she wants and in part because she's not Flois. I'm not entirely certain Flois will have the same reservations with Plark if it comes down to it but Plark is in a different place with their relationship than Plois is.

Boy - is that confusing?

I'm making more cookies today [Mom died 23 years ago today - she made the world's best cookies. Now I do, even though I can't find her recipe to compare - we make cookies today in her memory.] so I'll gladly send you some if it'll get 7 here any sooner. I'll send some in exchange for MoD 17 too...

Carol

#61484 03/08/09 09:39 AM
Columnist
Columnist
My heart breaks for all four of them, but this Clark is really struggling.

#61485 03/08/09 10:57 AM
S
sjp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
You can't leave it there! I'm hooked!! hyper

I loved this part, I can't help but feel really sorry for Clark...and how on Earth did Lois resist him when he was wearing only a towel? wink

#61486 03/08/09 01:22 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He should have known better than to leave Lois alone when she had access to the Planet's database and three years of unanswered questions.
Yes, he should have. But at least things are coming out in the open.

Oh, she was in big trouble. There was no possible way to fool Perry, especially since he obviously knew something was amiss.
I love Perry.

Lois laughed. "So that's my future? Superman fulfilling my every domestic whim?"
Ah, a girl can dream!

Just looking at him made her heart beat faster and her stomach tighten unhappily that he hadn't wanted her to hold him.
And the angst comes in rivers!

Oh, Sue, this is great. Romance, complications, time travel, mention of clones (I really hope that your fic makes it so that whole clone arc doesn't happen), and Clark in a towel!

I join your group of imploring fans - yes, you posted today, but we want more ASAP!

#61487 03/08/09 01:33 PM
Kerth
Kerth
It was easier when there was a certain distance between them!

But this is much more fun.

Poor Clark, being married to, and living with, his still-single wife.

Poor Lois, a glimpse of a tantalising future, but it's Clark Kent, so there's no way he'll take advantage.

Could we have the next part real soon, please?

#61488 03/08/09 04:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I sure do hope this goes where I think it is going. Whew the temperature in NY is warming up. Now I know why. And lol on the Flark reference above I guess that makes past Clark Plark? Can't wait for more from my favorite writer! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#61489 03/08/09 04:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A really great part as usual. Frustration builds as you so ably write it. What if they never go back?
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#61490 03/08/09 06:56 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
*sighs dreamily* Want to know how happy I was to see not one but TWO chaps of this fic posted?

Oh I was VERY happy!

Love LOVE this fic! Poor confused Lois' and Clarks.

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#61491 03/08/09 07:16 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
She logged into the Planet's database and brought up the front page for February 12, 1995 - the day after she had been brought forward in time.

"LUTHOR ALIVE AND BEHIND BARS".
Isn't this what didn't happen because of Flois' arrival in the past? And isn't this going to be part of the reason why Plois can't go back?

"So do I ever cook?" she asked.

"Sometimes. Mostly you just, uh, supervise while I cook." Clark added the veggies to a saucepan and adjusted the burner's setting.

"Do I supervise while you clean up afterwards, too?" she asked, only half-kidding.

"Our deal is that I cook and you clean up." He opened the oven and pulled out a baking dish - without using hot pads. "But I always help you clean up."

Lois laughed. "So that's my future? Superman fulfilling my every domestic whim?"

Clark grinned at her. "Not so bad, is it?"
Oh, it's so not bad!!! mecry sloppy

And that kiss! Wowzers!! And Lois' realization of where it might have been going! And her loneliness in bed afterwards...

And then the next day, when Lois sees Clark in just a towel, is so full of unrelieved sexual tension that you could probably plug in a wire and give all the houses in the neighbourhood all the electricity they need! Poor Plois and poor Flark!

Looking forward to next part!

Ann

#61492 03/09/09 02:31 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great installment Sue! This universe is so sad, you have to come back and fix it!

We have Plark who gets to see what it's like to have a Lois in his life who actually loves him. Then, we have Flark who's struggling because he's lost his Lois, the one person who grounds him and completes him.

We have Plois who's actually getting a chance to see what a great guy her best friend and partner actually is. That kiss was definitely a wow. We need to work on getting Plois to "correctly" react to seeing any version of Clark in a towel. wink

One question I've always had with time travel fics, is it adultery to cheat with your spouse in a different time than they are your spouse? I would think yes, cause they aren't your spouse, well at least not at that moment...

You've shown that each couple is incomplete the way things are right now. Now, come back, and put everything back together again! smile

#61493 03/09/09 04:42 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Ah ha - the feedback fairy visited me and left gifts! thumbsup

cp33 - If your heart is already breaking, we're both in big trouble. laugh

sjp - How did Lois resist him in nothing but a towel? I think it's because she's still trying to get used to the fact that, someday, he's going to be her husband and there's still the residual shock of knowing that he's Superman. Once she gets used to hanging around him, maybe she won't be as shy…

Iolan - Good to see you again! I loathe the clone arc, so Flark was quoting me directly when he said, "Look, Lois, it was a mess. The whole thing was a mess from start to finish. ...if I could change anything about the past, I would change that." wink

Laura - Be assured that this is going where you hope it's going. Or, at least, there are alternate parts that go there. After I got done considering all the possibilities there were a couple that were just too much fun not to try.

Artemis - Heh, you're right. What if they never go back? Then again, what if they do?

Bellarata - Thanks! I think they're all four adorable when they're confused. wink

Ann - Ah ha, someone did notice that the past hasn't changed for Flark. Would you believe I actually have a reason for that? Ask me again later. <g> I'm glad you're enjoying the UST, because there's plenty more where that came from.

Grinch - You're absolutely right - all versions of L/C are incomplete right now. And you've touched a little on why some of them are that way. Are you hacking my hard drive? :p

Huge, HUGE thanks to everyone for sticking with me. I appreciate the comments and nudges more than you could possibly realize. It's going to take me a day or two to rework the parts since I split this one, but once it's cohesive again, I'll post part 7.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#61494 03/09/09 05:04 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I'm fairly certain this part was not too long...but that's just me!

The trouble with reading WIPs is that you get left hanging during those middle parts. If I had enough willpower to wait until a story was finished, these would be the parts that provide incentive to put the housework off a little bit longer!

The saddest part is that they're all 4 together (as in with someone), but not really.

Every part I read makes me wonder more how you're going to fix this...

Amber

#61495 03/09/09 05:15 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Every part I read makes me wonder more how you're going to fix this...
Yeah, you and me both. Oh wait, that's right, I'm supposed to know what happens. Darn this short-term memory loss. Once I'm off the pain meds, maybe I'll remember... :p

Don't you worry, Amber, that housework will still be there later. It's one of life's great consistencies.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
#61496 03/09/09 06:05 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sue,

I just found this story and read through all 6 parts in one sitting. I am in awe! hail A major requirement for me when reading fanfic is that the protagonists be in character, which is one of the reasons I always jump at a Sue S. fic. And this current fic does not disappoint. Not only does Plark act and sound as I would expect Clark to, he acts and sounds as I would expect second season Clark to. Ditto for Plois, Flark, and Flois - all in character for the season they represent. Which is pretty cool when you think about it, and certainly makes the story that much more enjoyable.

While I was reading, it never once occurred to me that it might be a form of adultery to be with your past/future spouse. I asked my husband his thoughts on this. ("Honey, if time travel existed, and the you of 1995 came to the present, and I slept with you, would the current you be jealous?" "Wh..what?") Anyway, he agreed with me. That said, I do understand the part about their past selves not being married yet, so I guess you could argue either way on this one.

Looking forward to part 7.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#61497 03/09/09 09:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ok, we have seen the future and know nothing seems to have changed. So, does that mean alternate Universes are being played with?

Flark has had his Lois for nearly 3 years and has, to him, an imperfect copy of his Lois. One that doesn't know how to be with him. Same goes for Flois.

Post more soon!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#61498 03/09/09 10:43 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm convinced that an AU was created by this whole debacle. That's why their pasts don't jive.

As for how Lois responds to Clark in a towel, the last time she just stammered and blushed so she's handling it just the way I would expect her to. Of course, the last time she was caught off-guard and wasn't tempting fate.

Elisabeth

#61499 03/09/09 10:46 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oo, very nice fluff. Poor Flark, the issues he has to deal with :p

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#61500 03/09/09 04:33 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Vicki!!!! - I was delighted to see your name pop up! thumbsup

Michael - Hee! There are worse issues to deal with, but I think you're on to something. Out of the four of them, Flark is getting the worst deal (at least he is right now).

Thank you all for your comments and support - I really do appreciate it. sloppy

Ides of Metropolis
#61501 03/09/09 04:36 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
So I have cookies made now. I'll even trade fic.

But when is part 7 coming?!?!

Carol

#61502 03/10/09 03:09 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Sue! Sorry I'm so late with feedback, but as predicted, RL is crowding my fandom time. grumble

I really enjoyed this chapter (although to get the Flois/Plark teaser, I could have waited a bit :p ). I agree wholeheartedly with those that have said all the Loises and Clarks are behaving in-character - and you do it with so few words. Take this for instance:
"How are you?" Perry asked solicitously as he shut the door.

"Fine," Lois answered with a big, bright grin.

Perry's eyes narrowed and he gave her an assessing look. "Uh, huh," he said, clearly not believing her.
So we get in-character S2 Lois with the "big, bright grin" and Perry (who is pretty much the same no matter which season). Fabulous!

That couldn't be right. Clark had been specific, to the day, about when they got married and now here was proof that he had shaved off at least half a year. Why was he lying about that? Where had she been for over two months?
I loved that Plois is piecing together their history by looking at the publication date of her past articles. I'm a little surprised that she didn't check out the period after October 6th. If she had, she would have seen the 2-week gap when neither of them had quite made it to Hawaii. laugh

It's been quoted already, but the conversation in the kitchen while Clark is making dinner is wonderful. What Lois wouldn't fall in love with Clark when she can see his true self; honest, open, confident ... and Superman! She is a gonner.

And, OH! that kiss... /fans self. Too bad Clark ran off so soon. It had serious potential...

I feel bad for Plois - she's trying so hard to fit into the life of her future self. I was going to say she was playing a part, but I don't think that's the case. She's attempting to *be* Flois and that detail has managed to slip by Flark. Once a lunkhead, always a lunkhead, eh? *He* thinks she's playing and doesn't understand that she really, really wants her future life (even if she's still a little freaked out by it).

"Great," he answered. She glanced at him, then away, her cheeks coloring. Again, he mentally kicked himself for freaking her out by over-sharing.
This ending made me feel so sad. Flark really needs to let Plois know how much he wants her and appreciates her attempts to comfort him. Has he forgotten that this is S2 Lois? There's only so much rejection she can take.

I would like to point out that I've posted since you have and it's been more than 24-hours. Where's part 7? /insert Lois icon here - arms folded and foot tapping impatiently.

BJ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard