Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Again, this chapter was very sad, but also beautiful. You described Lois and Chad's emotions so well, particularly Lois's. It was interesting, but very believable, that she wouldn't want any money from Chad, and that she wouldn't want any of their furniture or china. She is too generous, because she is going to need furniture, china and money probably more than Chad will do. But taking things from Chad makes her feel, I think, as if she is breaking him financially after she has just broken his heart. Lois doesn't want to take anything more from Chad because she loves him so much. And she definitely feels very guilty because she is leaving him.

I'm glad they made love one more time. Why shouldn't they? They are not divorced yet, and I think they both needed it.

But the chapter ended with Lois leaving with Clark. Now I just so much hope that both Lois, Chad and Clark (and Rachel) will be able to rebuild their lives.

Ann

P.S. Campbell's tomato soup, eh? Didn't it become hugely popular after Andy Warhol turned it into art?

Campbell\'s tomato soup by Andy Warhol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So beautifully sad sad
You really are splitting them up, aren't you, Nancy?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is just so sad! Poor Lois and Chad. Tell me again why they cannot come to some happy medium?

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sad chapter.

There's still so much of an emotional connection between Lois and Chad. They're still intimate and they still love each other. Distance and talk of a divorce will not end their emotional bond. That's why I've been arguing that although they're taking the steps to separate and divorce, neither are mentally ready for it.

Although divorce has been talked about, I view Lois and Chad's new situation to be a lot like their old one - distance in between their marriage. If they are ever to move on to other people or other things, this connection needs to switch from lovers to friends. However, with distance being the only problem, I argue that it's a whole lot easier to fix that problem, then go through a divorce neither really wants.

T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Interesting, Grinch. You could be right. Maybe this is this one fic where Lois and Clark are not meant to be together.

I'm not averse to the idea that Lois and Chad find a compromise that works for them. However, it really needs to be a compromise. I feel strongly that Lois needs to live and work in a bigger city than Smallville.

Ann

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I'm surprised and happy to see so much enthusiasm for Lois and Chad to work through things. Not to say that they will, but it's good to see that their love for each other is still clear.

Ann - I agree that Lois' actions are generous - leaving everything to Chad even though she needs these things, too. I decided not to deal with this at all, but I also think it could be construed as a little selfish. It seems like it may be a little painful for Chad to still be surrounded by things that belong to the life he had with her.

This isn't Lois' intent at all, but I do see that to some degree, moving on is easier when you are in a new place you never shared, surrounded by new things. Lois' presence is all over the small house in Smallville and given their current feelings, Chad is unlikely to change that. But it does mean he'll be hit with her absense everytime he walks in the door.

And I wasn't aware that the Andy Warhol thing was well known outside the US. Not surprising, I guess, but I didn't think about it. Weird it came up, though, as another reference to Andy Warhol came up today in a book I was reading.

Not to worry about the compromise thing, though. I've thought of several possible endings to this story - none of which involve Lois in Smallville. I really can imagine a story where Lois is happy there, but I don't think this story is it.

Michael - You'll just have to keep reading to see, Michael, but this is definitely not the last we'll see of Chad.

Sheila - Maybe they can. Actually, I'm sure they can as I see the ending I'm heading towards (I have one more chapter to write, I think), as a compromise. Although, I guess I'll have to wait to see if others agree.

Grinch - There's no question that Lois and Chad are still emotionally connected to each other. I think you'll see in the next chapter that they have taken some steps to make this different than last time they lived apart, but they are still very much in love and you can expect them to both still struggle through this decision.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard