What do you think?

#60996 02/15/09 07:36 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That was just great!

You write Lois's pain so overwhelmingly true and heartbreaking. I so admire how you bring out her self-loathing and her disintegrating confidence in herself as a woman. And with the possible loss of her job looming on the horizon, Lois actually stands to lose everything. Her loneliness is as bad as Clark's. And no wonder, since these two soulmates were meant for each other, and now they can find no others.

Poor Clark. Mayson's death seems even more horrible than usual in this fic. I could sympathize with Lois's panic at the thought that Clark had failed to save Mayson because he had been busy arguing with her.

Dan Scardino's entrance into this fic is interesting. I guess Mayson was originally introduced into the show because it was generally agreed that Lois needed to become jealous in order to appreciate Clark. Maybe Clark is the one who needs to become jealous here. Maybe that is the only thing that will make him want to have Lois back.

This is a fantastic fic.

Ann

#60997 02/15/09 08:37 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh no! The moment I read about Mayson's murder, I dreaded Scardino's entrance.. and that too, after Clark just broke up, er broke off their agreement frown

Lois is on the rebound in addition to having an extremely low opinion of herself, bordering on depression. Dan Scardino (and some green-eyed monsters) might just do the trick... However, if he sticks to character (the one in canon) and is not open with her about his work, etc... he might hurt more than help her. smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#60998 02/15/09 10:26 AM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
jawdrop

Wow... so much happened in one chapter... I can't wait to see where you go from here... though I mist say I hope for an LnC ending... I'm not counting on it.

Sara "Lieta"
#60999 02/15/09 11:07 AM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
am not liking this turn of events.....well, the angst is what's getting too much for me, and i hate Dan, really, he's almost worse than having lana in a fic, but this story is great, really interesting and addictive!

#61000 02/15/09 05:13 PM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
This story is fantastic. The gut wrenching emotion is so real. The whole argument scene got to the crux of the matter.

He stepped back from me, trying to use distance to soothe our heated fury. “I didn’t want this argument. I wanted us to put the past behind us and get on with our lives. Neither of us have been happy, admit it. The first step to getting past all this was always going to be me forgiving you. I have, OK. Now you just need to forgive yourself.” And with that he flew away, without waiting for a response from me.

This story is about Clark forgiving Lois and Lois forgiving herself. How often have we seen relationships (friendships, marriages, etc) fail because someone can't forgive the other person or they can't forgive themselves. When we can't or won't forgive it eats at us.

I am looking forward to more. I have faith in Lois and Clark that their love and rightness for each other will help them each to learn true forgiveness. Because unless they do neither will ever be happy and at peace with themselves and each other.

p.s. I hate that Dan has entered the picture

robinson
#61001 02/15/09 05:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The forgiveness will be the toughest yet. I don't know what Clark has gone through to forgive Lois - the fic isn't from his POV or third-person. But you've painted a fine picture of Lois. Her life is crumbling. Will she be able to forgive herself? She's always held herself up to high standards. Of course, her parents never gave her unconditional love, either. She doesn't know how to forgive.

I look forward to more of this great story.

#61002 02/16/09 03:29 AM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lois needs a friend and should talk to some one. Scardino might prove a good listner.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#61003 02/16/09 01:06 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Agent Scardino
Oh h.e....... no! He's needs to be bump off. I need my beat a Clark Stick razz eek evil

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
#61004 02/16/09 01:11 PM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Wait... just thought of something.... Individual Responsibility and Red K..... That could be interesting.

Sara "Lieta"
#61005 02/16/09 06:26 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Alisha...superb! thumbsup This is an awesome story and I am just hoping that you'll feel sorry for us and post more of what you have already written.
“You don’t enjoy it?” I asked sadly. No, of course he didn’t. I wasn’t a good lover, I knew that, but he was. I enjoyed having sex with him; I never had before. I didn’t think I would after, either. If there ever was an after.

He stopped pacing to shake his head. “Of course I enjoy it; I wouldn’t come if I didn’t.
rotflol I wasn't sure if that was a freudian slip or not.
"...You’ve got beautiful eyes.”

I could sense myself blush and I turned away my ‘beautiful eyes’. “Thanks,” I murmured, really meaning it. I couldn’t think of the last time I’d received a proper compliment. He had actually sounded like he had meant it.

“Agent Scardino,” he offered me his hand, which I shook. He had a firm grip. “But you can call me Daniel.”
I never thought I'd see the day when I welcomed Dan, but this time, I'm glad that he has appeared. Lois need this--needs him right now, to reinforce the fact that she is still a desirable woman and in spite of what she did to Clark in the past, she deserves to be loved for the woman that she is and not be treated like some cheap "booty call". I hope Dan gets Clark jealous and make him come to terms with what has transpired between he and Lois. I don't want Dan to get hurt, but please work this out! grovel I am, however, glad that Mason is out of the picture. I think things will be much clearer for Clark now.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#61006 02/17/09 06:29 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think you wrote this part much better than the ABC writers did. That's what I think. clap

#61007 02/18/09 08:17 AM
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Thank you for all your comments. And I send my apologies to all the Dan-haters out there for including him! laugh

#61008 03/04/09 10:46 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That was a great part. And I can't help but think that Clark had been brooding on the Northpole and therefor missed Mayson's death.

This... arrangement of ours. It was supposed to be a way for you to make up for writing your article on me, correct?
eek Lois was paying him back in kind so he would get over his hurt and forgive her? And Clark so loves her. Still.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard