Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Very nice. Very nice indeed. I wonder why Clark didn't get to Metropolis the year before? I'm sure we'll find out soon. /end gentle hint to post quicker

Lois is going to have a hard time convincing Clark of her sincerity. Maybe this?

"Hi, Clark, I'm Lex Luthor's wife, and I want to join forces with you to bring down my husband."
"Sure you do, lady. Call me when you get a better pickup line."

Yeah, that'll work.

Don't forget to show us Jimmy hard at work, placing himself in danger to help Lois. Ooh, if you're cruel enough to whack Perry, are you cruel enough to whack Jimmy too? Hadn't thought of that until just now. evil

Looking for the next part. Post soon, okay?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part and great story. I am looking forward to L&C meeting. I loved how Lois manipulated Lex. More soon, please

robinson
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I guess it's time to poke my head up. I've been following the story but afraid to jump in until I could get a feel for where you were going.

I like the concept but can't help but wonder about how Lois would have been changed by her association with Lex. In part 1 Lois seemed more like Lex than the Lois I know. In parts 2 and 3 I seem to be seeing a Lois I'm recognizing.

Whether I stay smile or not [Linked Image] I like the structure and flow of what you are doing. I am looking forward to see how the trip to San Francisco goes and the meeting with Clark.

I can't wait to see the next part.

Bob

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Terry, thanks for starting the thread and for your comments.
/end gentle hint to post quicker
Well, I was quite late posting part 3. I might be persuaded to get part 4 up before next Wednesday, if that's what ya'll *really* want. As for what Lois has to do to convince Clark ... grumble Time for some major rewrites.

I loved how Lois manipulated Lex.
Thanks for the compliments and the interest. I'm glad that the last part worked for you. Lois has learned a few things from Lex, which she is willing to use against him now that she knows about his dark side.

In part 1 Lois seemed more like Lex than the Lois I know. In parts 2 and 3 I seem to be seeing a Lois I'm recognizing.
Excellent. Thanks for your comments, Bob. They really help me know whether the story has been effective or not. In this scenario, it's very probable that Lex would have succeeded in destroying Lois' independence, as he threatened to do in HoL. I know it's not a new concept, but I did try to explore how Lois might lose sight of herself married to Lex and once she realizes it, starts to reclaim her life.

I knew it'd be risky to write so much without Clark, but it's nice to see that some of you are reading this anyway. Don't worry - Clark's coming in the next part.
BJ

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
As long as you have Lois, who cares if there is any Clark or not?

Usually I don't like fics where Lois has married Lex, because I just can't see her as seeing Lex as the kind of man she'd want to 'be' with. Even if she didn't know he was the kingpin of crime, he's still doesn't live in the same world that Lois does, and I don't see her desiring that sort of life. She would have to know that she would no longer be Lois Lane, but instead, she would become Mrs. Lex Luthor.

Still, I like the redemptive aspect that you have built your story around. Lois has made a bad mistake, but now she is hellbent to correct that situation. While many would be satisfied with just getting a divorce to get out from under Lex; but not Lois. She has to make things 'right'. She has to bring Lex down also.

I will be fun to see Lois hook up with Clark. I wonder how much he'll know of her pre-Lex life as a reporter for the Daily Planet.

Tank (who points out that a good disguise for Lois should include a good haircut)

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Verrrry nice clap

Lois sure is a great spy laugh

Wonder if Clark is actually going to think that Lois is Luthor's new right hand woman. Especially when she goes after both Clark and Superman devil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for commenting, Tank. I'm glad you're reading even though the premise isn't your favorite. The redemption of Lois in her own eyes was very important to me as well, so I'm glad that came through.
who points out that a good disguise for Lois should include a good haircut
Really? I would've thought you'd say that the short hair was more in character to Lois' true self, not a disguise. wink
Wonder if Clark is actually going to think that Lois is Luthor's new right hand woman. Especially when she goes after both Clark and Superman
RAFO - Part 4 will be posted within the hour.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard