A
Please leave your comments here!

Thanks,
Alisha

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I love this story. Their pain is in every word you have written. I love that Clark has Henderson as his friend and that Lois sees this friendship. I am glad Lois recognizes what she did. Yes they were not friends when she wrote the story but she betrayed a fellow human being who is trying to help everyone. I am not sure how Clark ever forgives her but we will see. I am concerned about Martha and Jonathan.
" I never interfered. I kept telling myself that you could handle yourself and that I’d step in if you needed... I think I was lying to myself. I think I would have only tried after it was too late.” Did something happen to them especially since Clark admitted he might not have saved Lois

robinson
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Interesting. And Mayson. Hmm

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is just so powerful. I'm really struggling with their broken relationship whinging and am a bit scared of where this will all go.

However, it's VERY good and I'm still hanging in. I hope I can make it.

Bob

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I really liked the fact that Henderson was friends with Clark. I imagine Clark has few real friends in this universe and Henderson strikes me as someone who could put aside the fact that Clark is also Superman to really see him as a person.

I'm less sure why Henderson told Lois who Mayson is, though, unless he saw how badly Lois felt.

Lois having to save Clark is not a twist I was expecting and I can't wait to see what happens from here. How long will Clark be effected by the k? I can definitely see his current weakness strenthening their friendship.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
It seems through shared adversity Lois and Clark may come to know each other better... perhaps he will be able to forgive her and she may even begin to forgive herself.

Beautifully written, I can't wait for more.

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I love the fact that you gave Lois the chance to save Clark. That was the only thing that could possibly mend their relationship, or at least make it better. Like others have said here, they both hurt because of their broken relationship. Evenhere, they feel that they are meant to be together.

This was so shudderingly sad:

“I patrol at nights. Do you know how many times I've heard trouble and found you?”

“But you--”

“I know. I never interfered. I kept telling myself that you could handle yourself and that I'd step in if you needed... I think I was lying to myself. I think I would have only tried after it was too late.” There was a deep sorrow in his voice at that statement.
If Lois had died because Clark had deliberately waited to save her until it was too late, I think he would never have forgiven himself. But I'm glad that he confessed to Lois. He needed to get it off his chest.

There was one thing I didn't understand. Was the door unlocked the whole time? How else did they get out of the burning building?

This is a truly gripping story.

Ann

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm with Bob, this is very hard to read because of Lois' mistake and the animosity between the two of them. It hurts to see them this way.

Your writing is excellent and I'm drawn to watch the carnage, even if I have to read it by peeking through my fingers.

I'm glad that Lois had the chance to save Clark. It earns her a little redemption.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Alisha? huh

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
whinging

Looking fwd to Part 3... there's still the unanswered question of what happened to Marth and Jonathan.. if something happened to them... it'd be really hard if not downright impossible for Clark to forgive Lois ??

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Thanks for all your comments, and don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about Clark’s parents. You will learn what happened to Martha and Jonathan later on in the story and for now that is all the reassurance I can give you.

Ann, thank you for pointing out my little error with the door! I will think on that, it’ll probably be barricaded with something so that with a little extra effort Lois could push it open. However, I don’t think they were too worried about them escaping – Lois had been knocked out and Clark was incapacitated with the kryptonite, they might have just have shut the door and left them to it. As Lois pointed out, they’re not the most competent of criminals!

I’m sorry I’ve taken this long to respond (again!), and also that I’ve been so busy this week that I haven’t quite got part three ready to post. Sorry guys! And next week’s going to be even busier; it’s unlikely that I’ll be able to get three up before next Sunday now. That said, my life will calm down after this coming week, so the posts should be regular from then on.

- Alisha

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
This is very good. I love the idea of it. I love his anger, his hatred. Wow. So good.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was leery with part 1, but the series title gave me hope. Now with part 2 I'm hooked. Keep it coming. So this Mayson must not dislike Superman, since everyone knows that's Clark. Her new take on things would be interesting.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Gripping. Well written, although I also wondered why the door was suddenly left unlocked.

Elisabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, you turned the heat up even more. And I can't help but wonder at what it means that Lois is taking Clark home. huh On the other hand, part three has an nfic-version laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard