Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Alisha Knight FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/11/09 11:20 AM
Please leave your comments here!

Thanks,
Alisha
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/11/09 12:25 PM
I love this story. Their pain is in every word you have written. I love that Clark has Henderson as his friend and that Lois sees this friendship. I am glad Lois recognizes what she did. Yes they were not friends when she wrote the story but she betrayed a fellow human being who is trying to help everyone. I am not sure how Clark ever forgives her but we will see. I am concerned about Martha and Jonathan.
" I never interfered. I kept telling myself that you could handle yourself and that I’d step in if you needed... I think I was lying to myself. I think I would have only tried after it was too late.” Did something happen to them especially since Clark admitted he might not have saved Lois
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/11/09 12:29 PM
Interesting. And Mayson. Hmm
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/11/09 01:50 PM
This is just so powerful. I'm really struggling with their broken relationship whinging and am a bit scared of where this will all go.

However, it's VERY good and I'm still hanging in. I hope I can make it.

Bob
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/11/09 01:57 PM
I really liked the fact that Henderson was friends with Clark. I imagine Clark has few real friends in this universe and Henderson strikes me as someone who could put aside the fact that Clark is also Superman to really see him as a person.

I'm less sure why Henderson told Lois who Mayson is, though, unless he saw how badly Lois felt.

Lois having to save Clark is not a twist I was expecting and I can't wait to see what happens from here. How long will Clark be effected by the k? I can definitely see his current weakness strenthening their friendship.
Posted By: anagram Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/11/09 06:18 PM
It seems through shared adversity Lois and Clark may come to know each other better... perhaps he will be able to forgive her and she may even begin to forgive herself.

Beautifully written, I can't wait for more.
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/11/09 06:58 PM
I love the fact that you gave Lois the chance to save Clark. That was the only thing that could possibly mend their relationship, or at least make it better. Like others have said here, they both hurt because of their broken relationship. Evenhere, they feel that they are meant to be together.

This was so shudderingly sad:

“I patrol at nights. Do you know how many times I've heard trouble and found you?”

“But you--”

“I know. I never interfered. I kept telling myself that you could handle yourself and that I'd step in if you needed... I think I was lying to myself. I think I would have only tried after it was too late.” There was a deep sorrow in his voice at that statement.
If Lois had died because Clark had deliberately waited to save her until it was too late, I think he would never have forgiven himself. But I'm glad that he confessed to Lois. He needed to get it off his chest.

There was one thing I didn't understand. Was the door unlocked the whole time? How else did they get out of the burning building?

This is a truly gripping story.

Ann
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/12/09 01:05 PM
I'm with Bob, this is very hard to read because of Lois' mistake and the animosity between the two of them. It hurts to see them this way.

Your writing is excellent and I'm drawn to watch the carnage, even if I have to read it by peeking through my fingers.

I'm glad that Lois had the chance to save Clark. It earns her a little redemption.
Posted By: Sheila Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/18/09 10:40 AM
Alisha? huh

~Sheila
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/18/09 11:13 AM
whinging

Looking fwd to Part 3... there's still the unanswered question of what happened to Marth and Jonathan.. if something happened to them... it'd be really hard if not downright impossible for Clark to forgive Lois ??
Posted By: Alisha Knight Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/18/09 11:32 AM
Thanks for all your comments, and don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about Clark’s parents. You will learn what happened to Martha and Jonathan later on in the story and for now that is all the reassurance I can give you.

Ann, thank you for pointing out my little error with the door! I will think on that, it’ll probably be barricaded with something so that with a little extra effort Lois could push it open. However, I don’t think they were too worried about them escaping – Lois had been knocked out and Clark was incapacitated with the kryptonite, they might have just have shut the door and left them to it. As Lois pointed out, they’re not the most competent of criminals!

I’m sorry I’ve taken this long to respond (again!), and also that I’ve been so busy this week that I haven’t quite got part three ready to post. Sorry guys! And next week’s going to be even busier; it’s unlikely that I’ll be able to get three up before next Sunday now. That said, my life will calm down after this coming week, so the posts should be regular from then on.

- Alisha
Posted By: L Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/19/09 12:31 PM
This is very good. I love the idea of it. I love his anger, his hatred. Wow. So good.
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/24/09 08:08 AM
I was leery with part 1, but the series title gave me hope. Now with part 2 I'm hooked. Keep it coming. So this Mayson must not dislike Superman, since everyone knows that's Clark. Her new take on things would be interesting.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 01/27/09 08:10 PM
Gripping. Well written, although I also wondered why the door was suddenly left unlocked.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: From the Ruins (2/11) - 03/03/09 02:43 PM
Wow, you turned the heat up even more. And I can't help but wonder at what it means that Lois is taking Clark home. huh On the other hand, part three has an nfic-version laugh

Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards