Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful story, Carol. Thanks for the ride. Even with my Clark-bashing tendencies ( wink ) I was quite happy with his speeches at the end, and with Lois's response. That said, I am excited to see what you have in store for UP. I know that there can't be all roses and petals from here on out, so are we heading into season 2?

Can't wait!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/ DH was home all week last week so hard to get posting time in - at least for anything that takes a reasonable amount of time smile . And now I'm without my laptop for 2 weeks /cries/

Sheila - thank you so much! Which prayers are unanswered... ah that's the question isn't it?!

Sarah - thank you! UP is up!

Elisabeth - thank you!

Lovesuper - I'm still working on my first vid that I started in Sept... I don't see me doing one for this anytime soon... Anyone else is welcome to...

Lote - I heard Natascha had recommended it. Am impressed with how quickly you read it!

Natascha - we will see some of Mindy in the sequel, but not for a while. I know Van's back story in my head and we'll get bits and pieces of it here and there. I think we've already had a little bit here. I do have enough for several spinoffs/sequels. UP lends itself to a number of spinoffs and I've actually [ack!] actually had a bit of a desire to write OTOH: Lana's Story, but I don't actually see me doing it anytime soon wink .

Terry - thank you! As for Billy and Serena, I'd hate for them to go the way of canon so I don't know that they will. They're not main characters in UP though they are there. No UP will not be all afternoon tea, though the first chapters in particular are much more waffy than anything in OTOH [to lull you, er them, into a false sense of security?] As mentioned above, Mindy is seen in UP. I do have someone in mind for Sam, but not sure if it'll happen in this one or not. I do have storylines in the work. You guys'll understand that better once we get to the 'main' plot of UP but that's going to be a bit... And yes, we'll see the wedding smile .

Sonia - heading into season 2? Hmm... We'll see, though wouldn't we have to get through S1 first [though this Lois and Clark on the pheromone?!?!]?

Thanks again guys! Glad you enjoyed it! Hope to get it to Labby before too long but without my own laptop... [I do have everything backed up - thank goodness! but did lose all my bookmarks... frown ]

/waves/ Hope to see you in UP thread smile .

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I finally caught up only to see that UP was, well, up.

Great timing.

Love the end.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm sorry to buck the trend, but as a reader I have to give my honest opinion.

Aside from the first few brilliant parts which hooked me in complete with wow factor, I have to say the rest of this story was disappointing.

In summary, both Lois and Clark felt out of character, Clark remained unredeemable even to the end for me.
Navance was the A-plot that never happened (and the only cuddly dictator I've ever heard of with no teeth, bite or presence).
Mindy was a similar non-threatening threat.
The second bad guy, PLUS Clark's brother introduced in the tail end of this monster detracted and diverted from the original story. Those two new characters in themselves are a story on their own without complicating the Lois/Clark/Lana/Navance plotline. There was so much more on the first A-plot that has left me hung in the air going "what the?"
The ending felt rushed and in some ways incomplete. Everything was wrapped up too quickly and conveniently to make it believable for me as a reader.

I'll send you a priv msg to explain WHY I felt your lead characters were out of character if you like Carol. Let me know if you want me to.

Not everything about your fic was a complete disappointment. I loved your portrayal of the Martha and Jonathan... the whole Kent family really, and the back story (despite the repetition) of Martha, Chris, Clark and Jonathan. I also thought you grounded Sam pretty well too.
I had a hate/like relationship with your Lana, but again, I feel like in the end she was wrapped up quickly for the convenience of whatever deadline you had.

I persevered and read the whole thing despite my frustration, but in the end I guess this fanfic was not for me.

Regards

Lisa

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
James - thanks for letting me know you finished it and that you enjoyed it.

Lisa - I'm sorry you're disappointed. Are these two out of character compared to the show? Possibly but they aren't the L/C from the show either. I'm sorry Clark remained irredeemable. Navance was cuddly? I must have missed something. I saw him as someone who had complete power within his own little world and wanted to get back at someone who got in his way. Did he ever really intend to do anything to them? Not a clue but as a dictator he had a lot of other things on his plate and I saw him as taking great delight in making their lives miserable with continual reminder letters - something he could do fairly easily without distracting from running his country. That's how I saw him more than as someone who would actually try to kidnap Christopher, but L/C, of course, had no way of really knowing that. Mindy will be addressed later - we have no idea where she's been or what she's been up to in the meantime - for all we know she's been in prison which would limit her presence in Lois and Clark's [and Sam's lives]. I'm confused by what you mean by quickly - the last week was a very busy one for them and took quite a few chapters to get through. /shrug/ I'm just not sure what you mean. The ending *is* incomplete and not because I want people to read UP [which I guess may not be for you either] but because it's not the end but rather the beginning of their lives together. They still have things to work through. To have wrapped them all up in a neat bow would have been too quickly IMO - some of the things they have to work through will take months or longer. Do you have any suggestions for what would have made it less... rushed? If you'd like to send a PM you are welcome to. I'm glad you like the Kents, though I'm not sure what you mean by 'repetition' there. I'm glad you liked Sam. Lana's 'wrapping up' had nothing to do with any deadline - nothing had anything to do with any 'deadline'. I did want to get it done by the end of the year [and then Christmas because I knew I wouldn't have much time after that] but that had nothing to do with any plot choices or whatever. With Lana, I saw extensive growth and maturity off-screen on her part. I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised you read the whole thing if you've been disappointed since the first few chapters, but thank you for your fdk. Since you were so disappointed, I'd imagine I won't see you over in the UP threads so thank you for your FDK and for sticking it out.

Carol

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I've been playing around with text to speech lately for drive time listening. I decided to listen to and re-read this story again. For the record, it's been 36 hours of good listening.

Thanks for the grand adventure. Now, if I can just get the TTS to stop saying "news praper" and "ankle Jimmy" I'll be set.

Last edited by Shallowford; 01/17/16 05:29 PM. Reason: fat finger
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard