C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Thursday, Thanksgiving, Chapters 78 and 79, before noon or late [ET] - sorry I can't be more specific than that but... it's a holiday and we're going to the in-laws... If, for whatever reason, I don't get to post tomorrow, it'll be Friday morning and I'll make up the posts sometime soon.

Previews

Chapter 78
~*~Clark~*~

I walked into our room and stopped in my tracks.

Lois was walking from the bathroom to the closet, with only a short towel wrapped around her. Her eyes were wide and her arms automatically wrapped around her.
Chapter 79
~*~Lois~*~

I took them and grinned. "Kerth Awards, here we come!"

She laughed.

I frowned.

"What?"

"I don't think Clark has a tux and I'm going to need a dress." My eyes were wide, I was sure. "I'm going to have to go shopping."
Thanks smile .

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oooh. I get to the be the first one to post feedback!

I really liked these past four chapters. The family reunion was fun. It sure is different to see such a large Kent family when we're so used just Martha, Jonathan and Clark.

I feel bad for Lana too. Clark loves her and she loves him, and they both seem so miserable apart. Carol, you're not supposed to be making us feel sorry for Lana! :rolleyes:

I don't know about everyone else, but I thought the conversation Clark had with Jonathan was quite personal. I know that Martha usually butts in to these things, but it seemed weird for a dad to be telling his son for the son to go sleep with his wife. I know it was just a shove in the right direction and was said with the best of intentions, but it just seemed weird and too personal to me.

One year down. We've read nearly eighty chapters on this first year. Are there going to be another 320 more to go to cover their full five years? goofy

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
this year i am thankful for lois and clark and carol....Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Carol, I wanted to say something meaningful and then you give us Clark, looking at Lois in a towel that's even skimpier than his was two years ago laugh

The talk and Jonathan's remark about the lack of ahm physical interaction between LnC had my jaw on the floor. That hurt, by the way. And then he went on to spelling it all out for Clark and the <insert random, derogatory obscenity> actually had the audacity to justify his behavior to himself. AND he thinks Lois isn't it, too wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I really felt sorry for Lana a couple of chapters ago when she lost her baby. I don't care what the circumstances are, no woman should have to deliver a dead baby. frown

And I liked that Lois could be sympathetic to that, purely on a mother-to-mother standpoint.

Okay, so this chapter.
I'm glad Clark to Lois about bumping into Lana. And I'm glad she's glad he's happy.
I don't understand why everyone's so bent out of shape about the biologics of Christopher. I admit I'm biased here, becasue I'd still prefer the baby to be NOT biologically Clark's. And I do undestand Clark's whole issue with "connection to the planet."
But still,...
I was sorry he hadn't been able to tell his parents the whole story and that they were going to be hurt when they realized that Christopher wasn't really their grandson – though I doubted genetics would actually matter given their history with Clark.
Why would they ever need to know? Clark acts like he's his son now. Christopher will believe Clark his his father, regardless of what happens in five years. And quiet frankly, Clark IS the father, anyway. Just the same as Jonathan is Clark's father.

Jonathan is being rather pushy. He's smart, telling Clark he's got to get his mind of Lana, I admit that. He really does need to stop it. It is a "mind affair" and that isn't right.

Problems:
(1)Lois is hiding her feelings, so Clark really doesn't see it as hurting her. And I doubt she'd ever tell him otherwise, unless she sees obvious signs that Clark's feelings are changing.
(2)Clark KNOWS he shouldn't be thinking of Lana as much as he does. He's said that to himself before. He just doesn't know what to do about it.
(3)I know no one else sees this the way I do, and I respect that. But everytime I see a comment like this I think, "they're trying to force him into loving Lois again." I'm just glad Clark ISN'T falling into that trap, quite frankly. (Please don't come after me with, axes!!)

It's nice that Lois and Clark are cuddling in the bed these days. I wonder what the consquences of that will be...?

Oh, and I really feel sorry for Lois, feeling rejected by her son.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Me the astronomy fan was cackling madly at this:

You remember, I said it before. One tini tiny step forward, one AU back.
One AU back! One AU is one astronomical unit, which is the mean distance between the Earth and the Sun, which is about 150 million kilometers, which is (I think) abound 90 million miles!!! clap

I reached down and tugged the covers over me.

One year down.

Four to go.
One year down, four years to go??? Carol, are you serious? No, I didn't mean it as a criticism, so don't change it, for goodness sake!!! But how depressed do you have to be to think of your life that way? One year down, four to go? eek eek eek

Personally I liked Jonathan's talk with Clark. I certainly agree that Jonathan must know when enough is enough. He can't keep pushing or nagging. But as for telling Clark once... yes, I'm all for it. Why shouldn't he tell Clark, after all? Remember that Jonathan is one of the two men that Clark is emulating, one of the two men who became Clark's father even though they 'didn't have to be'. Of course the situation was different for Chris and Jonathan, since they loved Martha and wanted to be Clark's father in no small part because they wanted to marry Martha. Clark didn't want to marry Lois, and he certainly didn't want to turn his marriage to her into a lifelong commitment. He still doesn't. I can see how it's killing Lois that Clark is doing a mental countdown to the time when he can divorce Lois and marry Lana.

But of course, Lois is doing that countdown too. Very much so. That is exactly what she was doing at the end of chapter 77.

I agree with Sarah K M that Lois needs to speak more openly to Clark about her own feelings. At the same time, she shouldn't push or nag him too much, because he is certainly not going to like her better if she does.

Well, poor kids! Think of how violently and totally unexpectedly both their lives have changed. It's no wonder that they haven't been able to deal perfectly with all the shocks and changes.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wanted to tell him that it didn't matter if my mind was with Lois or not. Hers wasn't with me.
Oh, but her mind IS SO ON YOU, Clark, if this is saying what I think it's saying. I personally didn't mind Jonathan's conversation with Clark because I also recall that even Clark's parents don't know the "real story" behind this whole mess. Even though they know some of the Latislan history, it's still a shotgun wedding to Clark's parents, right? Granted, I don't talk to my own parents about rocks in the relationship, but Jonathan's offering advice based on what he think is going on, not the full story of what's actually going on, i.e. they haven't ever slept together, unless little Chris gets hit with some green K, revealing a whole new set of truths.

Navance is a creepy SOB.
Happy Thanksgiving, Carol!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loving it... but it's really sad that although they cuddle, Lois and Clark have nights where the border pillow is upright frown

What's sadder is that each Christopher's b'day would be marked with negative emotions as it would also be bringing the deadline of their separation closer thumbsup

/Happy Thanksgiving

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ann already quoted and commented on this passage, but I just have to chime in.
I reached down and tugged the covers over me.

One year down.

Four to go.
I can't think of much that would be more painful and depressing for Lois than this. If she were to walk in on Clark and Lana doing the horizontal hokey-pokey, it would be bad, but it would be something tangible she could do something about. This way of marking time is so very negative, and it's sure to have some horrible consequences for Lois and her extended family. And because she thinks there's no way for her to change the circumstances, this will contribute to her tendency towards depression.

Interesting that Jonathan is counseling Clark about his not having sex with a beautiful woman. Usually fathers have to warn their sons about the dangers and pitfalls of premarital sex. Jonathan is telling his son that if he's not having sex with his wife, then something is seriously wrong in their relationship. If it weren't so serious it would be funny.

Lois in a skimpy towel? Gravity, anyone?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
OK, she is trying to make a connection between L&C.

Somehow they are friends again? Sorry but nothing happening here that says friendship, comfortable roommates but not friends.

Clark, with superhearing, just happens to tell Lois about the encounter with Lana shortly after Jimmy tells Lois about it. Even if it is true no sane person would believe it.

Instead of talking to me, he headed straight for my boss' office in the corner. A minute later, he was at my side.
So Clark thinks Lois is not capable of talking with her own boss? Showing his true colors again.
It had been two days. The stress was starting to get to all of us.
No kidding Sherlock. Stress you created with your no time to talk rush rush attitude.

Carol, either all the body guards work for Mindy, or Sam Lane hired idiots.

He was pale and grim – just like Clark.
Ok, Lois, Clark and Sam all need to take a class.

There are hundreds, strike that, thousands of classes in dealing with threats, emotional responses, long and short term strategy, and so forth. Sam clearly has the money and needs the education, they all do!

Framework4
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hey guys smile .

No time for detailed responses if I want to get the next two posted this AM. I do find some of your replies interesting though - like the suggestion that superhearing Clark overheard Lois and Jimmy then told Lois about running into Lana. That never even occurred to me and I think Clark really did mean to tell her, forgot with everything that happened, then remembered and told her.

More coming soon.

Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
When I read the preview I figured it had to be a convo with Tim since I could never envision coolheaded Jonathan talking to his son about watching them for signs of sexual intimacy. When I read through it the first time I thought it was Clark and SAM who were talking (I call James' dad "Dad", after all). It seemed a bit odd. It seemed totally out of character to hear Sam saying how he could tell just by looking whether or not two people were intimate. After that mishap, it didn't seem as much of a stretch that Jonathan had said it.

By the way, I loved the friendly nicknames, especialy since Clark took part in the fun, as well.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard