Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here.

Next scheduled post:
Saturday, Chapters 68 and 69, 10-11am ET

Previews

Chapter 68
~*~Lois~*~

Or maybe it was because I was in love with my husband.

I sat straight up in the tub as that thought filled my head.

Was I in love with Clark?

The realization startled me.

I was. I was in love with him.
Chapter 69
~*~Clark~*~

What was going on in that head of hers?

I'd never been able to figure her out and this was no exception.

"Are you building a fire?" she asked, as she headed towards the bed in that short, red thing.

"Do you want one?" I asked her, wondering what she was up to.

"Are you planning on keeping me warm?" she asked without looking at me. Her tone seemed carefully neutral to me.
evil

[And the whole Clark telling Lois there's things he just knows - like osmosis. That is true. There are things he just knows - like when he picked up the globe and said Krypton. So he's not lying, but he's not telling the whole truth either - and we're in Lois' head there so we can't see him weighing how much to tell her etc.]

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, man, you're previews are so EVIL! And I'm going to have to wait hours for them because I'm flying to the 'rents house tom. for Thanksgiving week.

Anywho, nice couple of parts here. Well they found something to bond over, even if it is dead siblings...it's something, which is a lot better than nothing!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wowzer, Carol! Lois is going to be in love with Clark in part 68???? eek smile1

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Carol, I thought things would get better now that you're posting regularly. But no. You mentioned somewhere that readers might have negative feelings towards you the same way as they have towards Clark. Well, now you did it. Bad Carol, Bad huh

I don't think Jimmy's actions were uncalled for. Not that Sam deserved it and I sure cheered him on to use Clark as a bunching bag but in the end, Jimmy needs to hate somebody and he hasn't met you, so he needs to punch somebody else wink Killing Dave was still mean you know. Not that I mind, really. He is just fictional and I never got to bond with him and because of him we got the final scene.

Can you say OMG? Lois is wearing a naughty (shamelessly stole that from Manda) and nothing else and thus is practically naked in front of her HUSBAND and he's coming in and finally notices that Lois is a woman. Took him a few minutes but still. I mean WOW.
[Linked Image]
Imagine the guy to the left with Clark's face and the guy to the right with Lois' face.

And finally. I did something I usually try to avoid with OTOH. But I checked the FDK-folder on my PDA and the first preview took up the whole screen and I couldn't help but notice love and then I read it. And nononono, please, stop those previews. They just hurt. (Seriously. I mean it. I'm really bad with fic-temptation. No spine at all) Now I want the rest and I can't and I want I want I want I want (imagine Clark ranting here wink ) So anyway, Lois finally realized and ADMITTED to herself that she's in love with Clark. I could (and did, I think) have told her this ages ago. As far back she she was driving out to Smallville. Or staking a claim on Clark. Or doing snow-angels with him. Or. or. or... And then she's actually wearing a RED naughty and Clark notices again. And she tells him to keep her warm. Can you get any more obvious?

/knocks on Clark's head
Hello, somebody home? Wife. Beautiful, loving, sexy, mother of YOUR child wife wants you to make love to HER (and not that alienophobic floozy with the peroxide-habit). Run off, buy HER lots of goods and grovel and then CRAWL into bed with her and show her that the thing in the cabin wasn't a dream.

But no, that's not what's going to happen of course. Otherwise the story would be over and you're going to torture us for another 40 parts. And we will be coming back as we're gluttons for punishment and all that...

So what WILL/COULD happen is that Clark does as she tells him too and afterward things get really bad because Clark just cheated on his mistress, err... well you know what I mean.

And before I forget, they talked. And they LISTENED!!!! eek Can you imagine that? Real words that the other party actually processed. And I was just yelling at Lois in my mind that she had to open her pie-hole and tell her HUSBAND what she was expecting of him. This passive-aggressive behavior has to stop. They need to talk. And they need to take FULL advantage of the weekend away. Sam should have them stripped after sending them into the cabin. And no clothes or towels or bedsheets and stuff.

Did I mention I love this story and that it's about 18 hours till parts 68 and 69? And how about posting twice a day a single part? Please, pretty please? Double the FDK, and people won't be any happier but still. Please? Did I mention pretty please?

Michael, who just realized he babbled like Lois on drugs in here. Sorry about that blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
First of all, I think Jimmy's reaction to Lois and Sam is completely reasonable. It's not logical and it's not how he SHOULD feel, but unfortunately, feelings aren't always logical or "right."

Second, Lois and Clark talked clap (that is sad, by the way.) But this is a connection that can be a foundation for a relationship.
When I read/watch/write couples falling in love, I want to see some kind of connection like this that says, "I understand you." It doesn't have to be monumental, but I need to see something that establishes a bond.

And as far as Lois being in love with Clark, yes she had feelings for him longer than this. And yes, Clark doesn't have feelings for her right now. It's sad, but unforunately, reaslitic. Not all people love the same person at the same time.

And (I said this in the "Learning to Love" FDK thread as well)YOU CAN'T FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE JUST BECAUSE THEY LOVE YOU. (Even if Clark hadn't been still interested in Lana.) It isn't that simple. (Although, like I said before, if you're not careful, you can try to believe your in love.)

Oh, and I almost forgot to say this, but Clark is adorable with Christopher.

Kerth
Kerth
Carol, I'm amazed. These two parts are simmply great. I especially loved the way you inserted some humor in them:
"Shotgun wedding?"

"Something like that." There'd been plenty of guns out all right.
rotflol

But, best of all, Lois and Clark start to change, start to talk more than absolutely necessary. Seems like both are getting over their personal problems (depression and so on). And your preview... Lois finally realizes she's in love with Clark! Wonderful. Still, I can't see them being all lovey-dovey from now on. Not after the sequel - or why else would that be named "Unanswered Prayers"? confused

Looking forward to tomorrow...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for these chapters Carol. Your new posting schedule makes it difficult to provide feedback for every post, but I'll try my best to give feedback as often as I can.

One thing that irked me in these past four chapters is Lois constantly referring to Chris as her son. She seems to be happy that Clark has stepped up and is being a better father, yet she always refers to Chris as hers. If she wants Chris to have a father in the long-term, I think she needs to come to terms with the fact that Chris is their son.

Jimmy turning out to be Lois' half-brother was a cool plot twist that I never saw coming. Just curious though, in your universe, are Lois, Clark, and Jimmy all the same age? Will Jimmy no longer be the office grunt in the future then?

I feel guilty. I'm the one who asked for the previews, and you graciously accepted. But, oh, do they add to withdrawal. Now, I'm constantly wondering if you're evil and picking certain lines to get us all excited, and then when we do read the chapter, it'll have a totally different context. Don't take them away though laugh

Can't wait for the next parts.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/peeks back in while MIL goes to pick up 5yo/

Hehe

The gun/shotgun thing was all you guys wink .

Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Michael said:

So anyway, Lois finally realized and ADMITTED to herself that she's in love with Clark. I could (and did, I think) have told her this ages ago. As far back she she was driving out to Smallville. Or staking a claim on Clark. Or doing snow-angels with him. Or. or. or... And then she's actually wearing a RED naughty and Clark notices again. And she tells him to keep her warm. Can you get any more obvious?
Wow! Michael is right! Lois has indeed been in love with Clark for ages! And that's probably the main reason why she is depressed. I mean, how depressing would it be if the man you are in love with actually marries you, but after that he resents you and ignores you?

But now Lois is going to admit to herself that she loves Clark! I so hope she is going to do something to make him notice (not that the red 'naughty' didn't do a bit of showing him!) laugh

Ann

P.S. Grinch is right, too. Lois keeps referring to Chris as hers. Well, for a long time Clark acted as if Chris wasn't his, but now he is being a great father. I very much hope that Lois is going to admit not only that she loves Clark, but also that Chris is Clark's son, too!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've always wanted Superman to have a brother. (Well, not as canon, but as fascinating Elseworlds stories.) I'm sad that Van-El is dead, but thank you for including him at all!

(Everything else is great too, but my brain is non-communicative, so you either get random specific FDK or nothing!)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ITA, previews are evil. Everything that I had in my head to comment on slid right out of my mind when I read those excerpts.
p
Okay (/attempts to regroup), where were we? Yes... It's nice to see Lois spending time with Serena. It's rare that we get to see her with female friends. I forgot to mention this last time, but I really enjoyed Star's appearance. Funny how she always thinks she needs a tune up when she's right on the money. Methinks her comment about Christopher fits that bill...

Jimmy's response was unfair to Sam but totally believable. He needs *someone* to be angry at and Sam is convenient. I hope it doesn't take him too long to come to terms with Lois, though. Christopher has an Uncle Jimmy!

Wow, you caught us all by surprise with the Van-El reveal. A brother? We need to set up an appointment with that globe. It seems really... interesting... that Kal and Van look/ed *so* much alike.

Love, love, love that Clark is coming around and coming to terms with his son. The fact that he had pictures in his wallet was somewhat overshadowed by the hidden blonde, but the whole is becoming a better picture than its individual parts. I am grateful that he's stopped using the qualifiers before 'son'... now can we get Lois to do the same? My initial reaction was that her continuing use of possessive pronouns was the last-ditch/resort effort to guard her heart from vulnerability where Clark was concerned--but then you threw a four letter 'L' word in the next preview and my mouth dropped.

The deli known as Pandora's Box is now serving customers 24/7.

Clark's reference to that 'red thing' she's wearing sounds like an attempt to ignore the effects of said 'red thing.' Could we be in store for a little Seductive!Lois? Will we find out what causes steel to melt? RAFO!

~s
(/who is desperately seeking something else to do besides refreshing a page which is not going to change until tomorrow)

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
An hour and a half and counting help

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hey guys smile .

JD - Evil was not my intention. Not at all. Nope. Never. Have a safe trip!

Ann - as others have noted below, yeah, it's not rational or whatever for Jimmy to deck Sam or resent Lois, but feelings aren't rational. Jimmy is the same age as Lois and Clark here though I haven't figured out the birthdays or anything like that - slightly younger perhaps, in the 18-19 range.

Michael - uh, four parts a day is going to be pushing it. And as for the red thing... You'll find our shortly. I noted your countdown below wink .

Sara - Yes, it can be a foundation for them. And I'm not commenting on the love thing. wink

Lara - As I mentioned earlier, the gun thing was all you guys. I have no clue who made those shotgun wedding comments but that's where it came from.

Grinch - I understand that. Hehe - would I do that? Pick certain lines out of context? Would I?

Amy - interesting smile . Random specific is good.

Sonia - /giggle/ I love Star, though I rarely make it past her first ep. Hmmm... I don't think the globe is taking appointments at this time... wink . You can start refreshing now, but it'll be probably 20-30m by the time I get them posted [rereading and kids and all...]

More in a few!

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/starts to refresh anyway...

How about posting part 68 as soon as it's ready and THEN getting to on 69? hyper Yes, I do check here every few minutes once it's getting close to the official posting time. hyper Did I mention I am sort of a tad addicted? hyper

Michael

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
30 seconds.... Would be posted by now if I hadn't come to look what you'd said... wink

Okay - a minute because of flood protection...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard