Monday: Chapters 60 and 61, 1-3pm

Wednesday: Chapters 62 and 63, 1-3pm

Thanks smile .

Carol

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Noooooooooo! Get back here right now with additional chapters. These chapters were way too short. In light of that I think you should post the next 2 sections

robinson
Merriwether
Merriwether
*wince* Ouch. This isn't good.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
ahhhhhhhhh! you had me soooo excited, carol, you trying to kill us?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What's the matter with him? [Linked Image]

He looked me in the eye
Careful not to rest his full weight on my stomach, he lowered himself until he could kiss me
He didn't say anything as he shifted to lie next to me and he ran his hand over my abdomen again
He looked at her, he was conscious enough to know that she's pregnant and still he called her 'Lana'? [Linked Image] Does he sleep with his eyes open? Is he a sleep-walker (or sleep-talker/sleep-kisser)? In the cabin he was in a kryptonite-induced delirium. What is the excuse now? I didn't get it. razz I thought that finally he'd decided to get over his crush on Lana after her spiteful email and would try to be nicer to Lois. But the light at the end of the tunnel was a train in the wrong direction. [Linked Image]

Is it Saturday yet? [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Give me some additional gremlins of frustration! Or otherwise these will have to do:

razz mad razz mad razz mad

Clark deliberately forgot Lois's birthday? Out of spite? He was just all grumpy, but then he started kissing Lois, and I thought, wow, that was a quick change of heart on his part, but who am I to complain? And then he calls her Lana!!!! wallbash

Lois told him to leave her bed. Good for you, Lois. Except it wouldn't surprise me if Mr. Clark Narcissus Kent is going to leave you all on your own just when Navance turns up, and that way you will be kidnapped!!! Or maybe Navance will wait until your baby is born, and then your wallowing and sulking husband will have his baby kidnapped! Gaaaahhhh!!!!!! splat

Give me a kryptonite-reinforced boot so I can give Clark's butt of steel a good firm kick!!!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

"I said that feels so good, Lana."

I stilled completely and the arm he wrapped around me pulled me closer. "What's the matter, baby?"

I pushed against him with all the strength I could muster. "Get the hell out of my bed."
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Here I was going to post all good and meaningful FDK about birthdays and Lana-pictures and using heatvision to get rid of it and why Lois wouldn't just ask Clark to, well, you know and then you pulled that stunt and what's going on and you'd better get right back here, Missy.

Michael laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I didn't know how many times I'd committed to do better; to be her friend, to help support her and the baby, to be a better husband even if we weren't a 'real' couple behind closed doors. I was still failing miserably.
This isn't particularly eloquent but the first thought out my mouth was, you're being a LOSER, bro!

moved to the chair before I opened the wrapper and then the box. I stared at it. "Is this a first edition?" I reverently picked up the copy of 'To Kill A Mockingbird'.
...I'm shocked. Do I sense some kind of peace treaty coming?

"I said that feels so good, Lana."
Oh my God, and Jesus. I'd kick him out of my bed, too. Man, I was going to be all nice and BS, too. How cute, Lois got him a present, how cute, Clark is bonding with the baby, but nooooo.

fjlkafjl;ejfl;as
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You can't actually leave it there. I agree with Michael. Get back here and post some new chapters. Saturday is so far away... dizzy

Prior to this "event", there was a huge gap between Lois and Clark. After visiting Smallville, it seemed to widen. Now, after this, I have no idea how Lois can ever trust Clark again (and frankly, she really shouldn't).

Given how things are turning out, I'd say Lois is better off dealing with this wacko on her own and dumping Clark.

For a person who's normally puzzled about Lois' behaviour, I'm really puzzled with Clark's behaviour. Can't wait to see how you get us liking Clark again. I wonder if that's possible.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ouch! <wince>

You know it seemed a little out of character or at least like a very sudden chance of attitude but still I was hoping that maybe Clark would finally follow through with his promises to be there for her. I was hoping it would be his birthday present for her after she so thoughtfully came up with a late one for him. But NO! No such luck. mad

You have 30 hours before I am leaving for vacation, please put this right!!!!

BTW, you forgot one Jeremy in there.
I decided that I needed to move another direction with my thoughts or I'd be back to thinking about Lana and Jeremy.
I still don't understand why he is no Jeremy anymore. I think it fits...

Natascha

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile1 and...and...you eek and then evil person you!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
S
sjp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
Argh!! You can't leave it like that, getting my hopes up, dashing them and then just leaving us hanging. No fair!!! mad dizzy

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Yeah - I'll admit to being kinda pissed at him too when he decided that's what he was going to do.

He [and I] waffled on whether to go with Lana or Baby [which he always called Lana] again. Ultimately, went with Lana.

That said... Nano is progressing VERY well [though I won't have much time today to write] and as soon as it's done, I'll get this thing finished and up the posting schedule. Until then, however, you must wait till Saturday wink .

Oh and the Jeremy thing... Alisha protested violently over Jeremy wink . So I told her to rename him. She came up with about a million names and we settled on 'Tim' earlier this week laugh .

Carol

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Yes, I protested very violently - I chained myself to railings and everything! wink But, on a slightly more serious note, I apologise if my request to change the name 'Jeremy' has caused anyone any problems and heartache, this was never my intention.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
First of all, I highly doubt Clark was meliciously calling Lois Lana. He was probably half asleep and called her that because he was thinking of Lana.

Of course whatever the case, it had to hurt Lois terribly, so I completely agree with her telling him to get out.

And all WAFFs aside(which I like as much as as the next reader, especially about Lois and Clark)I'm glad that they didn't start to solve their problems this quickly. It would have seemed forced to me. (Like "I have to love the baby, so I suppose I should try to love Lois, too.) And that is not the right way to go, particularly with so little thinking about LOIS on Clark's part earlier.

Kerth
Kerth
Ouch. What else is there to say? Did I mention 'ouch'? grumble

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
*shakes head*

That's my only reaction to Clark's behavior because I'm speechless. First the birthday thing, and then the 'Lana' misnomer. Not good, Clark. Not good at all.

They are still acting like strangers, or at the least acquaintances who don't like each other very much. This type of relationship is not helpful, even from Navance and would-be kidnappers. Let's say Lois does get in trouble... Clark would probably be off sulking on an iceberg at the time.

While I'm glad he's thinking about his behavior, he's not acting on his musings enough for my liking. His 'woe is me' act needs to either put up or shut up. There's only so long that one can live in the past and dwell over choices made. Lois was the first to breach the divide with the (very thoughtful) birthday gift. Petty, indeed! At this rate, Lois should just make him the nanny since that's where he's likely to be sleeping.

I know the kissing (et al.) was too fast/early to have been meaningful, but it would have been nice for them to have the added problem of intimacy. Tangible proof of compatibility, maybe?

That was a nice place to end the chapter... but not a nice place to leave us hanging!! We need chapter 58, stat!

~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think Clark or at least a part of him is blaming Lois for this situation - being married, working, being forced to tell someone one's biggest secret, Lana and Tim...etc. etc. There's no other way I can explain Clark's actions and reactions...

While dreaming of Lana in bed is to a certain extent understandeable, though very wrong (and BIG minus points for him) ...I don't understand his pettyish b'day gift thing. I hope he too buys Lois a belated present.

I just wonder what kind of a lunkhead is he who thinks that there is still a future with Lana after his "my baby" speech. Although to be fair Lana's email says enough to give him hope... "I won't wait, but we can still be together if you divorce Lois." At this point Clark and Lana deserve each other. mad

You know I was thinking... if it turns out the baby is Clark's he's going to have one helluva guilt trip. I just hope his Lois avoidance does not extend to the baby, irrespective of whether the baby is his or not.

Also I am a bit afraid after this incident... it seems that Lois is willing to give "them" a chance but Clark is living in the past. It could be that by the time Clark comes to his senses and decides to invest in his relationship with Lois... it might be too late.. Lois could either have given up or moved on. Although once again to be fair, Clark's previous relationship was a lot more serious than Lois' so it follows that he wuld take more time... assuming ofocurse that Lois and Clark end up together in this story thumbsup

(am sad... away without Internet for 10 days... but then I'll get atleast 6 parts at a stretch when I return laugh )

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Dang! I figured Lois was having a fantasy dream, but nope, that's going to be a nightmare... especially for Clark. smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What is WRONG with Clark???

ARGGHHHHH!!! wallbash

I don't think I've been ready to slam my fist into the computer after the ending of so many parts. How can you do this to us Carol??

Why is Clark holding on so tightly to the idea of Lana, even when she herself has sent an email saying she is moving on???

I was a little taken aback by how petty he was over not getting Lois a present... that was just.... weird. Is there something about Clarks insecurities you're not telling us?

I am also surprised Clark hasn't offered to whip Lois away to Smallville or Thailand or something for the week Navance visits.... I doubt even a new security system is going to stop a facist dictator from getting what he wants.
Did Mindy really just roll over and leave that easily? I'm finding that pretty strange too....

I just have too many questions....
And Saturday is only in 15 hours here.... *evil grin*

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard