Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Nice one, Alicia/Laura! smile

The harsh reality of a pressurized childhood had been too much for her to bear. As a young child, she had realized that she didn't need anyone to make her feel complete. Emptiness had always been a far better companion, for when she was alone no one could interrupt her thoughts, which were much better company than her family ever could be.
Yeah. I've felt like that... excellent and evocative description.

His secret had caused him to live the life of seclusion that she had always wanted for herself. Now that she knew what real love was, she couldn't imagine wanting that life for herself. Yet Clark knew it firsthand. It must have been so painful for him. He could never get close to anyone because of the secret he was branded with. Clark was different, and he could never share his differences with anyone for fear that he would be exposed, unable to live the normal life he craved. He had to keep his distance from everyone in the world, never revealing his true identity. Yet he desperately wanted a normal life: a job, friends, a wife, children. And Lois Lane's love.
Again, this is a *great* way with words. Really sums up the whole show, in a way. smile

Now, she couldn't believe just how lucky she was. She didn't have to stay cooped up in her eerily empty house. Clark and her two kids were outside waiting for her.
Yay! I'd been getting a little worried about her being all alone in there... I actually got emotional to realize that her family was right there...

As she looked out the front door onto her porch where her husband and children were playing, she was awestruck by the breathtaking view before her.

It was absolutely perfect.
And this is a really great companion piece to The View... thanks for writing & sharing it! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Well done, Laura!

I love the idea of giving in the word 'view' another meaning than in the first story. Plus, I loved the way you wrote it... you described Lois perfectly.

Compliments 'The View' perfectly! Congratulations! clap

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww!! Ditto Pam - she said it all! This is lovely, Laura! thumbsup You've captured Lois's insecurities perfectly.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Columnist
Columnist
Beautiful, Alic... Laura. (This is so tough; it's going to take a while before I'm comfortable typing 'Laura' when I address you!)

The introspection is brilliantly done. You have a real talent for it - not something that I do well, at all.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Laura,
very well done
ditto others
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful! smile1
MAF smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Laura

This story is wonderful. I love it! smile1

Lois's introspection is superbly written. I can understand her thoughts completely. It complements Clark's POV perfectly. thumbsup
You have an amazing talent for writing fabulous introspection. notworthy notworthy

Congratulations on another excellent story!

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely, Laura. Wonderful introspection. thumbsup And next to the view, it great. And I like the way you sum up Lois's life with man and her resolution to stay alone. The end is wonderful in that respect, with a sweet loving family. And hey, there was another good smoochie too. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've been desperate to catch up with this since I saw you'd posted it, Laura - finally got there.

Okay, HUGE lump in throat here. <snuffle> This was beautiful and what a lovely, waffy ending. clap

Thanks for a lovely addition to my evening. Wonderful!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw Very Sweet. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Very very nice, Laura. I think I'll follow Wendy's cue and say ditto to Pam's post too. smile (Thanks for going first, Pam!) This is a lovely companion piece with "The View".

As they kissed, Lois knew there was no place on earth she'd rather be than surrounded by the three people she loved most in the world. Her wildest dreams had become reality.
Absolutely beautiful. The whole story is. sloppy Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark was sitting on the top step with two little girls climbing on him. Looking at her two little girls, she realized, not for the first time, that this was more than she had ever wished for, the perfect life she had thought she'd never have.
I just love this image - Clark, the big strong super-man wrestling gently with two adorable little girls! Sniff, sniff! It's funny but I'd almost rather imagine him with daughters instead sons. I don't know why wink Maybe it's because he's such a gentle soul.

Great story - very sweet. Made me smile all afternoon.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Thank you so much, everyone, for your comments laugh . It was so wonderful to read such nice comments after such a long, hard day.

- Laura smile
(sorry it's such a short reply -- long, long, long day frown )

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Hey, Laura,

Jumping on the bandwagon here to say, "Aww!"

...this was more than she had ever wished for...
I think this sums it all up perfectly. It is more than she ever wished for -- and she never wished for it, because she had no idea it could be so wonderful. Ahh...<happy sigh>.

Now, where can I order this view for my life? goofy

Good job, Laura! Hope your long day gave way to a nice short one.

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Coming in late as usual. This was very well written, Laura. I always thought you underrated your own writing and I'm glad to be proven right. (/me pats self on back) I don't know if I ever welcomed you back to the fandom, but I'm glad to see you here, expecially if you produce jewels like this!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard