Nice one, Alicia/Laura! smile

The harsh reality of a pressurized childhood had been too much for her to bear. As a young child, she had realized that she didn't need anyone to make her feel complete. Emptiness had always been a far better companion, for when she was alone no one could interrupt her thoughts, which were much better company than her family ever could be.
Yeah. I've felt like that... excellent and evocative description.

His secret had caused him to live the life of seclusion that she had always wanted for herself. Now that she knew what real love was, she couldn't imagine wanting that life for herself. Yet Clark knew it firsthand. It must have been so painful for him. He could never get close to anyone because of the secret he was branded with. Clark was different, and he could never share his differences with anyone for fear that he would be exposed, unable to live the normal life he craved. He had to keep his distance from everyone in the world, never revealing his true identity. Yet he desperately wanted a normal life: a job, friends, a wife, children. And Lois Lane's love.
Again, this is a *great* way with words. Really sums up the whole show, in a way. smile

Now, she couldn't believe just how lucky she was. She didn't have to stay cooped up in her eerily empty house. Clark and her two kids were outside waiting for her.
Yay! I'd been getting a little worried about her being all alone in there... I actually got emotional to realize that her family was right there...

As she looked out the front door onto her porch where her husband and children were playing, she was awestruck by the breathtaking view before her.

It was absolutely perfect.
And this is a really great companion piece to The View... thanks for writing & sharing it! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K