C
FDK goes here smile .

Posting Schedule [ET]:

Chapters 20 and 21: Thursday, 4-6pm

Chapters 22 and 23: Saturday 10-11am

Chapters 24 and 25: Monday, 4-6pm

Thanks smile .
Carol

ETA: Just a warning - I am going to be out of town for 3 days in early Nov [going to do WONDERS for my Nano writing *roll eyes*] and will be unable to post then - so we'll miss the currently scheduled posts for Nov.6 smile .

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
My, but they're in a predicament. What will Lana think of this? "Not only does she sleep naked with him, she puts him in mortal danger! She's insane!" Or Joe? "You won't sleep with me but you'll go flying in a cargo hold with him?" And in light of the recent agreement between Joe and Lois, he might conclude that being around her isn't all it's cracked up to be and it would be best for his sanity if they split up.

I think that Clark will be forced to use his "special abilities" to get them out of this fix and Lois will call him on it. She'll press for the whole story and he'll give her just enough to make her even more curious, but she'll convince him that despite the story potential, she'll keep the secret. And she'll probably even give him co-writer credit on the story.

I wonder about Sam's girlfriend. Is she in this willingly? Has she been forced into this? Or maybe is she in it with Sam and has been pushing Lois away so Lois won't learn the nasty truth about her father? Is she doing this out of some loyalty (misguided or otherwise)? And where are the guns going? Are they criminals or patriots? Are they in it for the money or are they driven by ideology? The answers will make a difference in how Clark and Lois are treated when they're discovered.

And I think that if Clark ever gets back to calm with Lana and tells her about any of his powers she's going to freak out. She'll get sick at the very thought of making out with an alien or a mutant or a genetic disaster. I doubt she'll take it well.

Neat story twist, and except for the A-plot warning you gave, it took me by surprise. Of course, that's why we saw all those questions about aircraft cargo holds not long ago. Sneaky and clever, you are. And a very compelling story you present, also. Keep it coming, you must!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
A-plot that advances B-plot is the best kind of A-plot in my book. Furthermore, any A-plot that keeps Clark away from Lana makes my day. And I'm guessing, like Terry, there is just no way they're getting out of that mess without taking advantage of Clark's uniqueness. Any chance they're going to end up in the Congo, this being an alt-universe and all?

I love how Clark can't help but get caught up in Lois's world again and again, even as he's trying to make things permanent with Lana.

Amber

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Guns!!! Lots and lots of guns!!! Yes, Lois and Clark are off for the Congo, aren't they? Good thing for Lois that she has Clark with her!

He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me to his side. "I won't let anything happen to you."
Better keep that promise, Clark, because if there's one place where Lois is in mortal danger it is in the Congo!

Well, what a fascinating plot development! Sam's girlfriend is a gunrunner? What is it about that man's taste in girlfriends?

Oh, but he was lucky with this version of Ellen, even though she died from him. But they seemed to be very much in love. How sweet that they fell in love in high school.

And I agree with Amber that anything that keeps Clark away from Lana is a good thing in my book! goofy goofy

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/watches plane land and looks around

Congo? Who said anything about the Congo?

And *everybody* knows the only A plot I ever use exists only for the sole purpose of advancing the B plot.

I have to mention that I love this Sam/Ellen and I wish she was still alive to write frown so I could write them together.

I think you can order tapeworms online... At least that's what they said on a crime drama I saw once... though a quick Google search didn't turn up any websites, I'm sure *someone* with connections could find one...

Carol

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I'm very happy you interrupted Clark's plans =P

For tapeworms I found this......:

2007 Tapeworm Diet

Sara "Lieta"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*runs around screaming*

New Carol-fic when I should be writing my fic shock

Okay, I held out for about 15 minutes before I started reading. *sigh*

So Mindy Church is paying goons to ships guns to the Congo. And Lois is on board. Just how could she possibly get back from that place. If only she had a super-powered alien at her disposal. Oh, wait devil

As for the rest. Why *did* you mention in the other FDK thread that Joe is a darn nice guy, huh? Aside from that, is it acceptable to have cold shivers every time Jois get cosy?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Michael gets the bonus points wink . Mindy! Very good! But not Mindy Church - not a clue what her maiden name was...

But Congo? I never mentioned the Congo!!!

And I said *Clark* was a darn nice guy wink .

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Church, Chapel, Templeton, same difference laugh

Um, actually:
Originally posted by Lisamaree, the Evil Kiwi:
Would Clark 'do the right thing' and propose to Lois instead, dropping Lana to give Lois face? Oh wait... Lois probably wouldn't go for that... but perhaps she would take Joe up on a proposal if he thought it would be the right thing to do... he is a nice guy after all.
Originally posted by carolm:
Lisamaree - /sigh Preggers? No. Tapeworm. Or something. And *why* would everyone assume baby [*if* there were to be a baby] would be Clark's and not random Toga party guy? Of course he is a nice guy. A *darn* nice guy...
See, Lisamaree said Joe is after all a nice guy, which you then confirmed wink

Oh, well, ...

BTW: I just thought of the perfect Christmas gift for her new Step-Mom. A "gift-certificate" for a brand new (floating wildguy ) grandchild, to be redeemed seven months after Christmas laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Erm, oops. I must have missed the 'Joe' in there. I thought I said Clark was a darn nice guy...

/hides
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In that case: Feel free to put Clark in Joe's place anytime. And Joe can date Lana. thumbsup

Michael rotflol

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
i second michael's idea. i love when clark can't resist lois! and maybe he'll tell her about his super powers now?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm glad you got Clark out of proposing to Lana. What an original way to do it.

And I see that I was right about Lana not knowing about Clark. And of course he's nervous about telling her. I wonder if he ever gets a chance?

And going back to Lois and Clark, I'm also glad he went with Lois even though he was supposed to be with Lana. Even though he loves Lana, he just can't let Lois go off on her own like that. That's our Clark.

Didn't see the Mindy thing coming at all. But if that is really who it is, I think Lois definitely has something to worry about.

Didn't see the guns coming at all, either. Actually, when Clark first started thinking about how he already knew what was in there, I thought it was dynimate! But I have to admit that guns make more sense.

Hopefully this trip will further alienate Clark from Lana.

Oh and does tapeworm have morning sickness and sleepiness as well? laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gonna have to be a sparse feedback day; all that pesky work to do. Nice A-plot!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Darth Michael:
<strong>
Oh, well, ...

BTW: I just thought of the perfect Christmas gift for her new Step-Mom. A "gift-certificate" for a brand new (floating rotflol

Sara "Lieta"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
When Clark discribed the evil girlfriend, I thought it was Mindy. It seems no matter what universe she's in Lois always gets in trouble and Clark always gets her out of it.

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hmmm... hmmm... hmmm

I love planes... especially when Lois falls out of them *uh huh* *nods crazily*

I like the fact you've got Clark away from Lana *phew*
Here I was thinking I'd have to go grab a bucket so I didn't choke on my own vomit while you had them do gushy gross stuff and let Clark propose in Paris... thank god you didn't!!

I wonder if Joe will have to 'comfort' Lana while the investigative reporters are AWOL *shifty eyes*...

So, here we are.. with Mindy, and guns... lots of guns... off to the Congo.. hmm... but how is our pregnant Lois going to cope if they make it all the way? And how, oh how, will Clark a) get he and Lois out of this, let alone b) explain what happened to Lana. I'd imagine about now Lana is starting to get a little po'd if she is anything like the alt-universe Lana we glimpsed in the show.

Whilst I can't enjoy the Clana pairing, I do smile at the innocence Clark possesses in his youth. He thinks things won't change with Lana when he tells her how 'super' he is, and yet, his sub-conscious obviously has other ideas since he actually HASN'T told her about himself yet.... so again I go... HMMMM...

Thanks for posting so quickly... knowing how busy you must be, I for one appreciate not only your writing, but the effort. smile

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know that I shouldn't cheer for Lois and Clark to be on their way into a treacherous situation in the *maybe* Congo... but I did. Loudly.

Okay, the crates and barrel (read as: plane) thing took me by surprise and I, too, immediately thought of Mindy, but it came at such a great time. I needed something to kill all that crazy proposal talk from Clark and was getting desperate. If you hadn't thrown them on a plane I would have! But seriously, amazing twist. I was concerned that Lois's reveal about Sam's proposal and resulting marriage would encourage Clark to do /whisper/ that thing which shall not be named /whisper/.

And Joe... well, Joe has fallen in love with Lois--which is too bad. He could be likable, but now that makes him collateral damage. I'm actually afraid of how involved he could get, how involved Lana could get, and how we could end up with two couples dancing across the room where two of the quartet are simultaneously thinking that they married the wrong people. You see what you make me do, Carol? Speculate. It's not healthy.

Soooo, the Congo... maybe. This should be very interesting. How will they get out of the plane without being seen? How will they get back to Europe? Does Sam know about Mindy's schemes (I vote no)? Is vulnerable Sam just having the wool pulled over his eyes (I vote yes)? Will Lana explode (I don't know where that came from /adjusts halo)?

I can't wait to RAFO!

As always, thanks for sharing smile
~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Everyone has already posted so many great comments. Just want to let you know, Carol, that I'm really enjoying this fic and that it's great to get the sudden change from sweetness-and-romance-in-Paris to we're-in-big-trouble-now!

I thought that Clark was going to find drugs in the crate when he x-rayed it. The guns....that's a nice touch. How far will Clark go to protect his secret? Will he let them be seen by whoever it is who comes to unload the pallets of guns? Or will he just whisk them out of there? Will Lois be captured?

I'm hoping for a really good scene where Clark has to use his powers in front of Lois (but nobody else) and she'll find out the Big Secret. Also, can Mindy know that Lois is here? They obviously know each other, and Mindy will have no trouble in disposing of Lois if it seems that Lois will be messing up Mindy's little scheme.

You've got me wondering now!

Please keep up the rapid posting schedule, it gives me anticipation!

Once again, great work so far.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I think I'm going to cry. Seriously. My computer has shut off on me about 18xs tonight [just ask Jenn].

And I don't know why. I restored it to before the update but that doesn't seem to be working - it's like it can't do that but anyway...

*Why* does everyone think they're going to the Congo?

And *why* does everyone insist that Lois might be pregnant?

It's a tapeworm people! Just ask Shadow up there [did I mention I totally thought of you with MLT's poster post?].

And *why* must Clark have to use his powers to get them out of danger? Maybe he talks their way out? Didja ever think of that? Didja? Didja?

/ducks and runs but refuses to post tonight wink

Carol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard