Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55206 09/13/08 05:31 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow I really got a great feel for India. Now I wan to go see it too. With Clark of course<g> What a cute story so far. I hope you continue it. I loved the pictures too! what a beautiful place! And that food thing looks soooo good! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#55207 09/14/08 01:55 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb! Loved the ending smile So, no Lex's proposal, right? laugh

Although I'm not so sure about the "giggling at strangers / groping," I loved the story and your writing style. I guess it's similar to when Indian ladies get stared at in some parts of the world because of their dress / bindi (red spot on the forehead).

And in case you were interested (you might already know this), the scarf with the salwar kameez is called a "dupatta"

thumbsup thumbsup wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#55208 09/14/08 02:10 AM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
An enjoyable read. Please set another story in this magical country.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#55209 09/14/08 06:50 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks for the comments!

Laura - Paratha is SO good. I'm not a breakfast eater, and so skipped breakfast the first few days we were in India. Then someone suggested we try this and since I love to try new foods, I agreed to order breakfast. I don't think I missed breakfast again the whole time I was there.

One of the negatives with writing this story is that I've had the worst craving for Indian food for the past week or so.

AnKS - Nope, no Lex proposal. Not sure exactly where Lois and Clark go from here, but I think it's safe to say that Lois has lost interest in Lex. (Superman didn't really play into the story at all, so I'm not sure how she feels about him.)

As for the giggling and groping - I don't recall reading about the giggling in tour books before hand, but definitely read about groping. And I experienced both while there (luckily much more giggling than groping). I'm not, though, at all sure this really would have happened when Lois visited. My reading indicated that the groping was a result of many female Western tourists giving the impression that Western women are open to it. This was done by wearing what in India would be considered very suggestive clothing.

I did not know the scarf was called a dupatta. Thanks!

SJH - Thanks! I'm not sure if/when I'll do another story in India. Among other things - I've nearly exhausted my knowledge of site seeing there. But it would be fun to try again - if not with India than another country.

#55210 09/14/08 08:20 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a great story! I really enjoyed reading about India! Lois is so lucky to have Clark as a tour guide! Thank you for pointing out some of the things to see there, I will keep that in mind if I ever go to India (quite possible since I love to travel!).

Natascha

#55211 09/15/08 03:17 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
In4Adventure - Thanks! And I highly recommend India as a vacation destination - although I suspect it's a lot nicer when it's not monsoon season.

#55212 09/15/08 07:39 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow... what an amazing look at India.

I've always wanted to go, but now I want to go more!!

My hubby has to go there next week for work, and if he sees any of the tourist stuff I'll kill him. wink
It looks absolutely amazing.

Back to the story though, I like how Lois's realisation about Clark evolves over her time with him.

It would be nice to see where this story could go.. perhaps dinner at an Indian restaurant to talk over their adventure... and maybe more? It definitely has sequel potential...

Thanks for sharing.

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
#55213 09/15/08 05:09 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Lisamaree - I really like the idea of an Indian restaurant for their date.

No sequel anytime soon, though. Too many other fics claiming brain space right now.

#55214 10/17/08 06:17 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I enjoyed how she saw Clark differently when she wasn't in the city that she had mastered first. Also she became very well aware of how often she and Clark touched each other. It made her realize that she had unconsciously become comfortable around him.

Well done.

Elisabeth

#55215 10/17/08 06:57 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Elisabeth!

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I just read this and loved it. Unfortunately, some of the links appear to be outdated but enough to explain everything.

Thanks for a great story!

Shallowford
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Where is this?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Features Writer
Features Writer
On this forum the TOC is Out of Her Element

On the Archives it's at Out of Her Element

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard