Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Laurach FDK Out of Her Element - 09/13/08 09:31 PM
Wow I really got a great feel for India. Now I wan to go see it too. With Clark of course<g> What a cute story so far. I hope you continue it. I loved the pictures too! what a beautiful place! And that food thing looks soooo good! Laura
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: FDK Out of Her Element - 09/14/08 05:55 AM
Superb! Loved the ending smile So, no Lex's proposal, right? laugh

Although I'm not so sure about the "giggling at strangers / groping," I loved the story and your writing style. I guess it's similar to when Indian ladies get stared at in some parts of the world because of their dress / bindi (red spot on the forehead).

And in case you were interested (you might already know this), the scarf with the salwar kameez is called a "dupatta"

thumbsup thumbsup wave
Posted By: SJH Re: FDK Out of Her Element - 09/14/08 06:10 AM
An enjoyable read. Please set another story in this magical country.
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK Out of Her Element - 09/14/08 10:50 AM
Thanks for the comments!

Laura - Paratha is SO good. I'm not a breakfast eater, and so skipped breakfast the first few days we were in India. Then someone suggested we try this and since I love to try new foods, I agreed to order breakfast. I don't think I missed breakfast again the whole time I was there.

One of the negatives with writing this story is that I've had the worst craving for Indian food for the past week or so.

AnKS - Nope, no Lex proposal. Not sure exactly where Lois and Clark go from here, but I think it's safe to say that Lois has lost interest in Lex. (Superman didn't really play into the story at all, so I'm not sure how she feels about him.)

As for the giggling and groping - I don't recall reading about the giggling in tour books before hand, but definitely read about groping. And I experienced both while there (luckily much more giggling than groping). I'm not, though, at all sure this really would have happened when Lois visited. My reading indicated that the groping was a result of many female Western tourists giving the impression that Western women are open to it. This was done by wearing what in India would be considered very suggestive clothing.

I did not know the scarf was called a dupatta. Thanks!

SJH - Thanks! I'm not sure if/when I'll do another story in India. Among other things - I've nearly exhausted my knowledge of site seeing there. But it would be fun to try again - if not with India than another country.
Posted By: In4Adventure Re: FDK Out of Her Element - 09/14/08 12:20 PM
What a great story! I really enjoyed reading about India! Lois is so lucky to have Clark as a tour guide! Thank you for pointing out some of the things to see there, I will keep that in mind if I ever go to India (quite possible since I love to travel!).

Natascha
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK Out of Her Element - 09/15/08 07:17 AM
In4Adventure - Thanks! And I highly recommend India as a vacation destination - although I suspect it's a lot nicer when it's not monsoon season.
Posted By: Lisamaree, the Evil Kiwi Re: FDK Out of Her Element - 09/15/08 11:39 AM
Wow... what an amazing look at India.

I've always wanted to go, but now I want to go more!!

My hubby has to go there next week for work, and if he sees any of the tourist stuff I'll kill him. wink
It looks absolutely amazing.

Back to the story though, I like how Lois's realisation about Clark evolves over her time with him.

It would be nice to see where this story could go.. perhaps dinner at an Indian restaurant to talk over their adventure... and maybe more? It definitely has sequel potential...

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK Out of Her Element - 09/15/08 09:09 PM
Lisamaree - I really like the idea of an Indian restaurant for their date.

No sequel anytime soon, though. Too many other fics claiming brain space right now.
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK Out of Her Element - 10/17/08 10:17 AM
I enjoyed how she saw Clark differently when she wasn't in the city that she had mastered first. Also she became very well aware of how often she and Clark touched each other. It made her realize that she had unconsciously become comfortable around him.

Well done.

Elisabeth
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK Out of Her Element - 10/17/08 10:57 AM
Thanks, Elisabeth!
Posted By: Shallowford Re: FDK Out of Her Element - 09/17/15 06:28 PM
I just read this and loved it. Unfortunately, some of the links appear to be outdated but enough to explain everything.

Thanks for a great story!
Posted By: Christina Re: FDK Out of Her Element - 09/18/15 10:17 AM
Where is this?
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK Out of Her Element - 09/18/15 12:01 PM
On this forum the TOC is Out of Her Element

On the Archives it's at Out of Her Element
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards