Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
lark sat up straight in his chair, shaking. He closed his eyes tightly, trying to pretend he was still sleeping. It was all just a dream, that’s all it was, he told himself. He knew, though, that it did not matter what he told himself. It was not just a dream. It had happened, but if he could keep himself from remembering what came after, maybe he could ease the burning feeling in his chest.
Interesting flashback. This Clark almost blew the secret in his youth.

But the burning in his chest. Hmm, was he exposed to Kryptonite in his youth?
“He wasn’t out there. He must be over at the Irigs,” he told his mother.

She nodded, wrapping the plate in plastic wrap to keep until Jonathan came back.
Maybe he ran the sandwiches over to his father and had a slight exposure? Combine he guilt and worry with real pain and weakness and you have the basic building blocks of aversion therapy

“Mrs. McMurty?” Clark asked the woman holding the clipboard.

“Clark Kent? What are you doing here? I heard you had a spiffy new job writing for the Daily Planet in Metropolis.”
jawdrop
This is NOT Carol Sherman! This is a Smallville LOCAL!

If the Kyptonite was found and dealt with in this Clark's youth there would be nothing for Bureau 39 to be investigating.
“Nothing all that exciting, Clark. Wayne used a lot of pesticides during the sixties and we’re concerned about seepage into the local ground water. No big story, I’m afraid,” Alice smiled at them kindly.

Clark looked at her quizzically. “I didn’t think Mr. Irig used any pesticides.”

“Not since you were born, but before that he did.”
This makes sense as Silent Spring wasn't published till 1962. So there would have been no reason for Wayne to have been concerned and avoided the use of pesticides.

Framework4
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark with fear of flying was was great. And I really want to know what happened in Clark' childhood. Oh, and, Jonathan is still alive, isn't he? Sorry, it's been a while and... blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I agree curios things going on....... didn't get to post earlier but you make me watch the boards on Saturdays =P

Sara "Lieta"
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks for the comments!

Patrick-
But the burning in his chest. Hmm, was he exposed to Kryptonite in his youth?
The burning in his chest is happening while he's on the plane - that wasn't part of the flashback. So, at least right now, it's not kryptonite, more a good ole fashioned panic attack...

This is NOT Carol Sherman! This is a Smallville LOCAL!
I should warn you not to get too excited. I wasn't able to do as much with Alice McMurty as I had been hoping.

This makes sense as Silent Spring wasn't published till 1962. So there would have been no reason for Wayne to have been concerned and avoided the use of pesticides.
This is my thought, too. My thought is that a Smallville local is much less likely to lie. Not to say that she is 100% truthful - I can't recall if she is or not, but, particularly since she knows Clark, she will tell the truth if she can.

Michael-
Clark with fear of flying was was great.
blush While I always stress a bit about writing this (as I feel like I've done it in several other stories and don't want to repeat what happened in the past, I really enjoy these moments. As someone who gets on a plane probably about three dozen times a year, the idea of Clark being afraid of flying is always amusing to me.

And I really want to know what happened in Clark' childhood. Oh, and, Jonathan is still alive, isn't he?
Yes, Jonathan is still alive. And next week the whole mystery of Clark's childhood will be revealed. The next chapter is a bit flashback heavy (as I'm not only wrapping up the Clark flashbacks, but starting a new set about Lois).

I'll mention here, even though it's early, that I'm really curious to see if the Lois flashbacks hold everyone's interest as much as the Clark ones. I think the end result of them is a little less obvious and I'm not sure if that makes things better or worse. But the main reason I'm curious what you think is that I fell in love with a non-canon character in them so much that I've already started another story where he plays a primary character. I don't know when I'll start posting that - definitely not until after I've finished posting the Lois flashbacks and then only if I've written enough of it, but I'm really excited about it, so hope you guys like this character, too.

Lieta-
you make me watch the boards on Saturdays
smile1 That makes me feel so proud!

I'll be sure to let you know ahead of time if you may be disappointed. (This Saturday is fine, but then I have a couple of weeks of travel coming up which often screws up my posting schedule).

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard