Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Oh, how I love hurt/comfort stories! While the thought of being that sick is unappealing, the image you painted of Clark taking care of Lois was tender and sweet. <long satisfied sigh>
Lois looked at him in awe. "You must have a cast iron stomach."

"I've always been pretty resistant to stomach bugs," Clark said.
That part made me laugh out loud. Clark Kent - master of the understatement. smile

Thanks for a WAFFy Christmas gift on a blazingly hot August day, Nan. It was very much appreciated. smile1

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Even Superman wouldn't have been as welcome, she thought, as Clark.
Aw that was very sweet, Nan.

Mona

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice, Nan!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's never inappropriate to discuss proper food safety techniques!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Nan, ah that brought back some nasty memories! LOL. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
What to say... This is a wonderful sweet short. There's nothing better than being taken care of when you are ill.

This story very nicely gave me my WAFFy fix for the day. twins

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lovely story, in a gut wrenching kind of way... wink

Reading your stories is like watching a video. You do such an excellent job of describing things.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now that explains a lot in regards to that Christmas dinner. Sweet and funny little vignette.

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Salmonella's no fun. When I was in college I sang with a chorale group for four years, and we traveled a lot. One Sunday afternoon, we went about seventy miles west of our home base, sang at a church, and drove back. But while we were setting up our equipment, the ladies in the group (except for one) ate at the spread the church put out for us. That one young lady (call her Cindy) and all the guys ate when we finished our setup.

About 36 hours later, every one of the guys except Cindy's husband - and including Cindy - became violently ill. We'd eaten something that gave us all mild cases of food poisoning and we all called "Ralph" on the porcelain telephone for several hours.

So Lois, I sympathize with you. I have felt your pain, sore stomach muscles and burning throat and dizziness and blurred vision and all the rest. I tell you, the story made me sick!

But it was very a sweet tale, Nan. And it totally fits in with Lois's lack of kitchen skills. I wonder if Lois will remember this episode when she finally figures out The Secret?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Nice little story. One minor thought - wouldn't "It Happened One Christmas" or "...At Christmas" be a slightly better title? I don't know about the USA, but in Britain we'd say "At Christmas" or possibly "On Christmas Day" but not just "on Christmas"

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I liked the simplicity of this story Nan.

It was sweet to see the hints Lois needs to put 2 and 2 together.. but being sick, she can't process the clues in front of her.

Your stories are always so well written.. the compassion from Clark... the not being able to see past the next toilet visit for Lois... I enjoyed it.

This story makes me weary of ever trying a turkey christmas dinner though... having never had one (it's always been summer at christmas for me.. so pool, bbq, seafood... no turkey), and now reading this... Undercooked turkey isn't that common is it??

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Nan,

Never thought I would enjoy a story about salmonella, but this was very sweet. smile

Poor Lois, and Clark as always so understanding and caring. You write so well, Nan.

Yours Jenn

Features Writer
Features Writer
This was really cute, Nan! I, too, addressed Lois' luck with cooking in my Thanksgiving story last year, but this is so much more true to form!

It's just so Lois to almost kill herself with undercooked turkey -- and I love that Clark was fine.

And I somehow was listening to some Christmas music on my Zune today, so this was a nice treat. I am all about Christmas in summer! wink

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks everyone for the very nice feedback. That discussion on the boards last week just wouldn't go away until I wrote something about it.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute story, Nan. If worshiping at the porcelain throne can ever be called cute!
Marcus - I didn't notice the title at all until you said something about it. "Day" is understood. It's just one of those common language differences. Like every time I read "go to hospital" I keep wanting to say "go to the hospital" in stories written by our UK friends.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard