Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Or... maybe the new name for this story should be... 'Won't This Story Ever End?' laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YEAH, I KNEW IT!

party

Ahem. :p

Okay, I had no idea they both got arrested over the debacle. Great part. Funny how I just happened to log in when the next part went up. This 12am thing must starting to sink in...
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Wait a minute.

This can't be right.

Lois and Clark just *asked* and Lane and Kent just *answered*?

No freaking way.

That said... Treason? Wow. Glad that it all got more or less straightened out. Not sure how Lane and Kent are going to react now that they know who it really was. It's not like they did it on purpose...

First you need to send it to me. Still in the hospital and all.

Then you need to tell us that this was a bonus posting and 45 will be no more than 24 hours after this one.

Can't wait.

Carol

Columnist
Columnist
So far Lane and Kent seem to be reasonably accepting of Lois and Clark, but I'm not sure how long that's going to last given this recent confession.

And I agree with Carol. This post was a bonus one, right? Perhaps you'll feel in a generous mood after your first slice of blueberry pie.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I love it when the supermen are trying to protect their women - that they can't control. clap Loving this, loving it!

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you guys enjoyed it. As for it being a bonus posting... WHAT! NO FREAKEN WAY!!!! laugh

Well, you'll be glad to know that my blueberry pie is in the oven (didn't want the heat in the house during the day) and my dishes are all washed and in the draining rack (boy, can't believe how neat I am today laugh ). Now... if only my t-shirt and sweats and hair weren't covered in flour (how does that even happen confused )

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the revelation. Now... if only we could figure out where they are or... what the heck is happening. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
So when they changed the past and traveled to the present, their new selves were already there? confused Now all they have to do is go back and stop themselves from getting caught. somehow. dizzy

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by MLT:
Glad you guys enjoyed it. As for it being a bonus posting... WHAT! NO FREAKEN WAY!!!! laugh

Oh come on!

Please!!!

Okay - just send it to me...
Carol

Edit - and actually, I won't have internet access Monday night so, really Sunday and Tuesday would be much better. Post it Sunday out of pity for me stuck at the hospital still and then with my in-laws [who I like but unlikely to have internet for me to be on]. Unless I can convince you to send me the whole file out of pity - then do that. If not, make this a bonus segment.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I agree, countrygurl74, it is confusing. Don't worry, everything will make itself clear by the end - whenever that may be wave

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I'm still editing the next section.
How about one really long post on August 31, 2008?

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great part ML. Loved the usual L&C banter squared. And the way you use all for names in the description to prevent confusion for us. Although, it would have been extremely funny to get them all confused until Lois or Lois decide Lois and Clark or Lois and Clark should refer to Lois and Clark as Lane and Kent laugh

I admit, I never saw the treason-thing coming.
“The allegation is that she and a partner broke into Star Labs and stole some top secret research for sale to a foreign power.”
Unless I forgot something from part 2, L&C didn't steal any information, they just got caught inside Starlabs. So that leaves the following options:
a) I just found a little plot-hole (yeah, right...)
b) Someone set out to use this event to purposely hurt Lane.
c) There is a hidden side-plot going on and someone used the opportunity to steal information.

The clerk *accidentally* destroying the evidence against Kent.
I wonder if he has a slight resemblance with this fella here:
[Linked Image]

Ages ago you mentioned we should look for what's missing. Well, Lane and Kent have been missing.

Originally posted by Framework4:
[b] I'm still editing the next section.
How about one really long post on August 31, 2008? [/b]
shock Don't even joke about that, Patrick. That's so not funny.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
I thought for a second the Clark's were going to use a 2x4 on each other to protect their women!

That one little scene was too funny. Both men standing there glaring at themselves and the women they love standing behind them rolling their eyes.

This will require a reread to get all of the info that you threw at us; but I loved it.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Edit - and actually, I won't have internet access Monday night so, really Sunday and Tuesday would be much better. Post it Sunday out of pity for me stuck at the hospital still and then with my in-laws [who I like but unlikely to have internet for me to be on]. Unless I can convince you to send me the whole file out of pity - then do that. If not, make this a bonus segment.
Wow. That sure is nice of you - giving me so many different options laugh . Problem is, right now, I'm still editing the next section. (Isn't it weird how editing a story always seems to take longer than actually writing it.) So even if I wanted to, I'm not sure the next chapter would be ready to post at midnight on Sunday.

Still, I am concerned for you - still being at the hospital. You're son is definitely in my prayers.

If only my little story weren't so afraid of traveling...

ML wave
I think your first mistake is calling it a 'little story' wink . If you'd like, I'm sure I could find a way to make the traveling easier... send it on and I'll have extra yummy chocolate cookies waiting on this end.

DS is still fighting this stomach bug which for the rest of us would be unpleasant but not a huge deal, but he has no fat [or any other kind of] reserves and the dehydration threat is still pretty real. He's also refused to eat much the last couple of days because of the upset tummy so they don't want to let him go home [because we'd likely end up right back here].

Well, I have every confidence in your ability to get 45 done in time to post tonight. Even if it's a little late, we'll take it.

Sending it to me is still the best option. Promise.

Carol

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
How about one really long post on August 31, 2008?
You know, I could do that. I definitely could do that.

Don't even joke about that, Framework. That's so not funny.
Wait! Framework was joking? And here I was, about to mark up my appointment book to post next on August 31st laugh

Unless I forgot something from part 2, L&C didn't steal any information, they just got caught inside Starlabs. So that leaves the following options:
a) I just found a little plot-hole (yeah, right...)
b) Someone set out to use this event to purposely hurt Lane.
c) There is a hidden side-plot going on and someone used the opportunity to steal information.
If you were to go back and re-read chapter two, I suspect you might notice something that you just breezed over during your first read through. It would have seemed... like idle chit chat at the time - not the missing piece of information you would need to understanding one of the major plot points laugh

Or... you could just wait for chapter 45 for the explanation laugh

This is the reason, by the way, that I never start to post before I'm finished writing - to make sure that the info necessary to chapter 44 actually finds it's way into chapter 2 laugh .

This will require a reread to get all of the info that you threw at us
I suspect you'll have to do that with upcoming chapters, too. I just hope I don't end up giving you information overload - and that it all makes sense in the end. eek

I think your first mistake is calling it a 'little story'
Are you calling my story fat? I get the distinct impression you're saying that my story is fat. Okay, so now my story is all offended and refuses to go to visit you laugh

EDIT: Just wanted to add:

I just found a little plot-hole (yeah, right...)
Of course, that's always a possibility, too. I find all sorts of little plot holes as I'm going along. For example, when Lois and Clark first went to Lane's apartment, there was a couch and a couple of chairs in the living room. Now there are two couches. So as I was editing, I noticed that and had to go back and change the two chairs to an extra couch laugh

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Hope you're still following all of this.

ML wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is the reason, by the way, that I never start to post before I'm finished writing - to make sure that the info necessary to chapter 44 actually finds it's way into chapter 2
Uh, ML, you did never by any chance watch the mid-90s TV-show Babylon 5, did you? Talk about hints hidden upfront to be noticed and enjoyed the second or third time around.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Uh, ML, you did never by any chance watch the mid-90s TV-show Babylon 5, did you? Talk about hints hidden upfront to be noticed and enjoyed the second or third time around.
Actually, I really liked that show - and mostly for the reason you're mentioning. I remember hearing once that the creator had the five seasons all mapped out before he started filming. And he was the one who also wrote the majority of the scripts, if I recall correctly. Made for a great series - because watching it the second time was actually more enjoyable than watching it the first time.

Btw, Michael, be sure you also take note of my EDIT above. I added that at about the same time that you were posting - but I thought you might be interested in that.

ML wave

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
No, no, no.

Not fat at all.

But I do suspect, that if you were to print out said story it would weigh more than my son at the moment wink . Seriously. He's just over 13lbs and a ream of paper is about 20 pages... Not sure how many pages the 'little' story is but a ream is 500 and LtL is 700+ and I know how long yours is in relation to LtL so... wink .

Healthy sized. Yeah. Not little. Healthy.

So if unoffended now, is healthy story willing to come play with my little boy? He'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have it read to him. It would make him feel LOTS better.

Promise.

Carol

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Carol, I'll be sure to give your explanation to my story - just as soon as she stops crying.

You know, I had so many things on my list to get done today and now I find myself having to spend all my time trying to get my little story to stop crying. grumble

laugh

ML wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Btw, Michael, be sure you also take note of my EDIT above. I added that at about the same time that you were posting - but I thought you might be interested in that.
Thanks. And, hm, you know that dangling plot-pinpricks in front of your readers while talking about plot-holes in order to distract us is not very nice. /me mumbles about LnC FF authors with a Straczynski-complex hiding in the shadows.

Okay, I skimmed part two and remembered this one.
“May nineteen ninety-two, huh? I remember that time. If I recall correctly there was a breach in Star Labs security about that time.”

“What happened?”

She shrugged. “Not exactly sure. I always suspected an inside job, but... I could never break down the roadblocks they set in my path. You know, now that I think about it, Clark, I don’t think we’re in an alternate universe.”
Back then I assumed it was about L&C B&E-ing. So, maybe not. You know, this does very little (read: nothing) to make waiting another 36 hours any easier.

Oh and, hey, that's so great to know I'm not the only B5 fan around here smile I heard the same stuff. For instance, he had the whole arc in index cards on his desk, and nobody ever thought to check there...

Michael

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Carol, I'll be sure to give your explanation to my story - just as soon as she stops crying.

You know, I had so many things on my list to get done today and now I find myself having to spend all my time trying to get my little story to stop crying. grumble

laugh

ML wave
Awww... Send story over here. DS is sleeping [I think] at the moment and I have plenty of time to give her lots of lovely feedback and take care of her so you can get the things done that you need to do so you can get 45 polished for tonight. Or if you're sure you won't have time, I'd be happy to go over it a few times for you... Of course, I'd need the rest of it too to make sure there's no continuity errors etc.

Seriously. I'd be happy to help you out.

Carol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard