Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54459 08/06/08 03:50 PM
cp33 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Carol I love this story. I hope more is coming soon.

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
This was very cute. I particularly loved Lois speculating about how things would go if they didn't run off to get married.

Columnist
Columnist
This was great, Carol. I loved to see this story continue, especially with the "let's get married" thing. And it was great to see that news article worked in as well.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I enjoyed both vignettes (sorry I didn't post fdk on 'The Assignment'). Cute dialogue - I love to see teasing Clark.

Oh, and Lois's recitation of the bizarre things that would happen to them if they waited was hilarious.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
He'd dropped her off, she'd packed and when he hadn't returned, she'd turned the news on and saw that he was rescuing 26 cheerleaders stuck in an elevator at Met U. She'd rolled her eyes. He was probably going to be taking pictures with the distraught victims for hours. Save the cheerleaders, save the world.
Yeah, I saw that in the paper - but they missed Superman's appearance somehow! rotflol

She stood and started pacing. "Here's how the next few months would work out. I'd get over being mad about the clothes thing. You'd ask me on a date. We'd go out and have a fabulous time. I'd slam the door in your face because I was scared. We'd get interrupted by some dumb blond who wanted you but hated Superman and I'd be jealous and you'd think that I didn't really want to be with you and then we'd manage to have one absolutely perfect, fabulous kiss that would be interrupted by some emergency or other - maybe even said blond blowing up or something. You'd be distraught because you couldn't save whoever it was because you were too busy kissing me and brush me off while guilt-ridden."

She took a deep breath. "I'd go out with another guy to make you jealous, which might actually work well enough that you'd decide that you couldn't take it any longer and move. But you wouldn't. You'd propose. I'd say no because I needed more time to get to know you for the real you. You'd get mad. We'd dance around the issue for a while. Something would happen and we'd end up engaged. Every homicidal, Kryptomaniacal maniac would try to stop the wedding. Heck, Lex might even reemerge with a clone of me to substitute at our – overly extravagant, thanks to my mother – wedding and we'd have several more months of insanity before everything's back to normal."

She turned to look at him. "And then just as we're starting to plan another wedding, some other maniac will show up and with our luck, your Kryptonian birth wife will suddenly claim you and you'll disappear into the cosmos. And maybe, if the other Kryptonians don't take over the earth, we'll finally manage to get married, but not until Clark Kent has gotten shot – in full view of everyone – by resurrected gangsters."
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

That was a riot of a fic, Carol!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great stuff! dance
I did not see that coming! laugh Reminds me a bit of Kathy Brown's Now Hold On A Minute story. That's one of my all time favorites. And this one is a close second when it comes to hilarity!
rotflol

Natascha

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap laugh rotflol
I did so not see that actually getting married thing coming. And Lois being mad about the clothes and not Superman.

So, part 3 will be soon? grovel

Michael

PS: And just what is that honeymooner-bad-guy-A-plot?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved this, it was quick and to the point. Very good. Laura clap

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Fun! I liked it. thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Save the cheerleaders, save the world.
loved it!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I have contemplated a part 3.

I have absolutely no clue what the honeymooner bad guy A plot is. Seriously. Not a freaking clue or why the same group would be operating in Hawaii and wherever it was they were in the last one.

Thanks so much for the fdk smile . If I wasn't brain dead right now, I might go for it, but you know how it is sleeping in a hospital. And with a 1yo... Every time he finally dozed off someone wanted to poke him for something. Seriously. Why do they do bloodwork at 5am? Okay - I know so the docs can get the results at an early hour but really...

Anyway... thanks so much and it's possible that another assignment may come along, but don't hold your breath...

smile

Carol

Blogger
Blogger
That was freaking awesome! I loved it! Especially her rant on every disaster those two faced in the way to the alter.

So... what are they investigating exactly?

Here…poke that.
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
That was great, I loved it. Please write a third one! I *will* nag... or I'll with-hold fic... devil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh My Goodness!!!

The section where Lois 'predicts' the course of the next year is HILARIOUS!!!

James, who hopes you did a third part.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
James,

There's also:
Assignment: Hawaii
Mandatory Assignment
Optional Assignment
Graded Assignment

Those have all been sent to Labby but I haven't heard from my GE yet - need to ask her about that...

I have about 8-9 other titles and it's on my to do list for this week smile .

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard