Print Thread
#54276 07/30/08 04:08 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[That was the real reason behind the one hour challenge right? Can't be long, must end up in your inbox soon? Sounds like a ploy for submissions to me...]
You know...that bit of cunning never even occurred to me. Shame on me! goofy

Anyhoo - this was funny and cute. I'm such a sucker for forced intimacy stories. Love 'em. thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
Carol that was delightful! Loved the tone Clark took with Lois when she started to boss him around in the room.

Great job.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved this! All the little trying to talk herself out of thinking of Clark's muscles and such was just perfect, funny and adorable. I loved this and it wouldn't upset me if you continued this little fic either<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Blogger
Blogger
Loved Lois' internal dialog. Guess it's not just a river in Egypt...

It was just so funny the way she kept 'editing' her thoughts, almost as if she were writing an article. Just kept re-phrasing things until everything's nice and tidy and under her control -- in her own mind. Poor girl, LOL!

This whole piece was a giggle. And it was nice to see Clark showing some spine!

Peace, Carolyn
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
eek Carol, I can't believe you managed this in just one hour. This sure is one funny piece of fluff. Slightly evil Clark, Drawn-To-Clark Lois, and the whole atmosphere. clap notworthy

Thanks for taking the hour to write this.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Haha this was awesome Carol. smile I'm glad I dropped in and read it. Very cute! thumbsup

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Columnist
Columnist
Carol, I'm completely blown away by this! You managed it all in an hour? However, after a glance at my overflowing inbox, I'm reminded of how easily you write. Seriously, I have no idea how you do it.

Anyway, this story was sweet and funny and all sorts of good things and I loved reading it.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Cute and funny. It's nice to see Mad Dog Lane in full form.

As with some of the others that have commented, I loved the exchange where Lois is trying to get Clark to get here some cloths. I've always thought that Lois being demanding and Clark standing up to that aspect of her personality is one of the most important aspects of their relationship.

This is an impressive accomplishment for an hour and 22 seconds. Well done.

Bob

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ha ha!! That was so sweet and funny. I loved how Lois couldn't help noticing how incredibly well-built Clark was, and tried to deny it to herself, and kept noticing it all over again.

The ending was hysterical!!!! smile1 clap rotflol

Ann

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Carol, that was brilliant. I loved it!

It was also nice to read something by you that I haven't known the end of for months *and* where I can leave feedback without worrying about saying something I shouldn't!

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I can't believe I haven't responded to this yet... so sorry.

But first...

SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I get a fdk thread started by Labby!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

[And as soon as I get this back from beta - it's on it's way to your inbox. Promise.]

And sure.... I'm sure the potential increase in submissions had NOTHING to do with it wink .

I still say you should grab one of those 'first lines' and set your timer and go. Forget rewriting or anything else smile .

Heck, I may have another go at it tonight as I'm sort of stumped on LtL: LS at the moment...

Anyway...

Glad you guys enjoyed this. I love Lois arguing with herself about how she's NOT attracted to Clark.

Ah, yes... Alisha has known the end to way too many things recently. May have to rectify that... Of course, if some of the fic she keeps teasing me with ends up in my inbox [seriously folcs, NAG HER!], I may share wink .

And there was more I was going to say but the chicken nuggets are about done smile .

Thanks again everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Carol [who still watches her inbox for more Strength as well as the superhero returns bit and promises not to send Beth ANY more until she gets it wink ]

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Ok, I know this is very belated, but I'm terribly behind in my reading. I wouldn't have even gotten to this yet (since I'm planning to start where I left off over a month ago whenever I get back to having time to read), but I started to read the sequel and wanted to read this first.

I'm so glad I did. It was so funny and cute - the perfect diversion from RL. And you really wrote it in an hour? Really? I'm in awe of you, Carol. I have no hope of writing anything coherent in that amount of time and you can write something not only coherent, but actually good and fun to read. I'm jealous.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really cute and clever!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful story. Nice reveal.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard