Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LabRat The Assignment - Comments - 07/30/08 08:08 PM
[That was the real reason behind the one hour challenge right? Can't be long, must end up in your inbox soon? Sounds like a ploy for submissions to me...]
You know...that bit of cunning never even occurred to me. Shame on me! goofy

Anyhoo - this was funny and cute. I'm such a sucker for forced intimacy stories. Love 'em. thumbsup

LabRat smile
Posted By: cp33 Re: The Assignment - Comments - 07/30/08 09:30 PM
Carol that was delightful! Loved the tone Clark took with Lois when she started to boss him around in the room.

Great job.
Posted By: Laurach Re: The Assignment - Comments - 07/30/08 11:06 PM
I loved this! All the little trying to talk herself out of thinking of Clark's muscles and such was just perfect, funny and adorable. I loved this and it wouldn't upset me if you continued this little fic either<g> Laura
Posted By: CarolynK Re: The Assignment - Comments - 07/31/08 07:08 AM
Loved Lois' internal dialog. Guess it's not just a river in Egypt...

It was just so funny the way she kept 'editing' her thoughts, almost as if she were writing an article. Just kept re-phrasing things until everything's nice and tidy and under her control -- in her own mind. Poor girl, LOL!

This whole piece was a giggle. And it was nice to see Clark showing some spine!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: The Assignment - Comments - 07/31/08 11:11 AM
eek Carol, I can't believe you managed this in just one hour. This sure is one funny piece of fluff. Slightly evil Clark, Drawn-To-Clark Lois, and the whole atmosphere. clap notworthy

Thanks for taking the hour to write this.

Michael
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: The Assignment - Comments - 07/31/08 01:27 PM
Haha this was awesome Carol. smile I'm glad I dropped in and read it. Very cute! thumbsup
Posted By: Beth S. Re: The Assignment - Comments - 07/31/08 09:48 PM
Carol, I'm completely blown away by this! You managed it all in an hour? However, after a glance at my overflowing inbox, I'm reminded of how easily you write. Seriously, I have no idea how you do it.

Anyway, this story was sweet and funny and all sorts of good things and I loved reading it.
Posted By: bobbart Re: The Assignment - Comments - 08/02/08 01:57 PM
Cute and funny. It's nice to see Mad Dog Lane in full form.

As with some of the others that have commented, I loved the exchange where Lois is trying to get Clark to get here some cloths. I've always thought that Lois being demanding and Clark standing up to that aspect of her personality is one of the most important aspects of their relationship.

This is an impressive accomplishment for an hour and 22 seconds. Well done.

Bob
Posted By: TOC Re: The Assignment - Comments - 08/03/08 03:25 AM
Ha ha!! That was so sweet and funny. I loved how Lois couldn't help noticing how incredibly well-built Clark was, and tried to deny it to herself, and kept noticing it all over again.

The ending was hysterical!!!! smile1 clap rotflol

Ann
Posted By: Alisha Knight Re: The Assignment - Comments - 08/03/08 01:45 PM
Carol, that was brilliant. I loved it!

It was also nice to read something by you that I haven't known the end of for months *and* where I can leave feedback without worrying about saying something I shouldn't!
Posted By: carolm Re: The Assignment - Comments - 08/06/08 05:05 PM
I can't believe I haven't responded to this yet... so sorry.

But first...

SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I get a fdk thread started by Labby!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

[And as soon as I get this back from beta - it's on it's way to your inbox. Promise.]

And sure.... I'm sure the potential increase in submissions had NOTHING to do with it wink .

I still say you should grab one of those 'first lines' and set your timer and go. Forget rewriting or anything else smile .

Heck, I may have another go at it tonight as I'm sort of stumped on LtL: LS at the moment...

Anyway...

Glad you guys enjoyed this. I love Lois arguing with herself about how she's NOT attracted to Clark.

Ah, yes... Alisha has known the end to way too many things recently. May have to rectify that... Of course, if some of the fic she keeps teasing me with ends up in my inbox [seriously folcs, NAG HER!], I may share wink .

And there was more I was going to say but the chicken nuggets are about done smile .

Thanks again everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Carol [who still watches her inbox for more Strength as well as the superhero returns bit and promises not to send Beth ANY more until she gets it wink ]
Posted By: anonpip Re: The Assignment - Comments - 08/06/08 08:12 PM
Ok, I know this is very belated, but I'm terribly behind in my reading. I wouldn't have even gotten to this yet (since I'm planning to start where I left off over a month ago whenever I get back to having time to read), but I started to read the sequel and wanted to read this first.

I'm so glad I did. It was so funny and cute - the perfect diversion from RL. And you really wrote it in an hour? Really? I'm in awe of you, Carol. I have no hope of writing anything coherent in that amount of time and you can write something not only coherent, but actually good and fun to read. I'm jealous.
Posted By: Artemis Re: The Assignment - Comments - 08/08/08 07:42 AM
Really cute and clever!
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Mister Data Re: The Assignment - Comments - 10/23/08 03:07 PM
Wonderful story. Nice reveal.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards