Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, darn, it is a trilogy. How did that happen?
laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Evil, evil woman.

So did something nefarious happen to her or did she do something nefarious to herself or was she just really tired?

So glad you got that kiss in there!! So glad Dan saw it. So glad they still admit there's something there.

Have I mentioned I'm still sick and nothing would make me feel better like the rest of this in that special ML FIC box? I could even point out a typo or two I saw in this section... wink See help editing and you wouldn't have to have such a burden to carry all by yourself.

Would say more but that whole sick thing...

That and I THINK I'm almost done with my own fic and should concentrate on that but the 4yo who won't go to sleep is making that hard...

Carol

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
She wasn’t in the bathroom. He spun around, only then seeing a foot sticking out on the floor on the far side of the bed.

“Mayson!” he yelled, racing over to where she was sprawled, naked, across the floor.
Oh good now when they reset the timeline Clark won't feel guilty.

Even if their daughter was not at risk they would need to reset the timeline. It's the only way to save the lives of all those people Superman was able to help in the original timeline.

Operating openly as Superman he was able to do so much more then he could helping in the shadows.

Delightful tale. I like the way they are drawn to each other.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Simply wow, but so many things could still go wrong... can't this be one of those back-to-back weekends with Part 33 posted before 2 days? Not that the questions would be answered with just another part smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I could even point out a typo or two I saw in this section...
Well, don't just leave my participles dangling. If you see a problem, point it out laugh

Oh good now when they reset the timeline Clark won't feel guilty.
Uhh... but is she dead? laugh

I'm probably wrong on these things but I looove to speculate on this story.
And I love to read your speculation.

can't this be one of those back-to-back weekends with Part 33 posted before 2 days?
You know, I just did some quick calculations, and if the posting schedule continues as is, I won't get the whole story posted before I go on vacation. Two weeks without internet access. Hmm...

But I guess that's okay. I'm sure no one would mind if I don't get the whole thing posted before my vacation. You all are such an understanding lot, after all. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
S
sjp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! eek eek eek

Post in bulk!! Or put the entire thing up unedited?
I'll never last having to wait two weeks - to illustrate this point I was forced to read this part at work, at 7:00am on my mobile phone! I couldn't wait until I got home at 2:00pm. You've turned me into an addict! :p

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MLT:
You know, I just did some quick calculations, and if the posting schedule continues as is, I won't get the whole story posted before I go on vacation. Two weeks without internet access. Hmm...
You know what's really evil? Implying this story only has about 9 parts left. After all, if it were more parts (as in 22 parts), you wouldn't need to do any calculating.

But I guess that's okay. I'm sure no one would mind if I don't get the whole thing posted before my vacation. You all are such an understanding lot, after all. evil
Yes, we're *very* understanding. And the green-glowing cages in various basements surely are just coincidental.

So, anyway. Loved this part. L&C telling each other that they have intimacy problems with their partners was just great. The L&C kiss was wowsers, Mayson's nude seduction great, the lightning so screams for a gravitationally challenged Lois. Of course, this could also mean slightly different things for her new apartment. After all, Lois would need one specifically equipped to help her deal with her disability.

And nude, unmoving Mayson sure sounds interesting.

So, I have no problem with you enjoying your vacation, internet free. I can't understand how this would work, but hey, everyone to their liking smile Of course, first you have to finish the story. You could even post all the parts. I'm sure people will promise not to read more than one part every other day. angel-devil

And you should have just inserted end-of-season-breaks, then two weeks vacation would have just been the break between seasons 2 and 3. But now there is no way people would go for this. Druggies can be a mean bunch if their dealer holds out on them.

Michael, who would very much mind waiting two weeks and not be understanding at all wink

PS:
Originally posted by sjp:
I was forced to read this part at work, at 7:00am on my mobile phone! I couldn't wait until I got home at 2:00pm. You've turned me into an addict! :p
That's not as strange as it sounds...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You can't go on vacation before posting this story. No way! shock Or we'll be forced to send the guys with pointy sticks to bring you back.

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

PS: I know it sounds cruel, but... please, let Mayson be dead. [Linked Image]

Andreia devil

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
You know what's really evil? Implying this story only has about 9 parts left. After all, if it were more parts (as in 22 parts), you wouldn't need to do any calculating.
Actually, I don't think I implied any such thing. After all, you don't know when I'm planning to take a vacation. I don't have kids to worry about, so... It could be in December for all you know laugh

I know it sounds cruel, but... please, let Mayson be dead.
wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, I don't think I implied any such thing. After all, you don't know when I'm planning to take a vacation. I don't have kids to worry about, so...
/me slaps head. I actually read that as you intending to go on vacation in two weeks for two weeks. Now I just have to figure out a way to make it look like this was your fault. Oh, right, that's it: Withdrawal is making my little gray cells all gooey blush Is it my fault that it already sets in after 10 hours of no new parts huh ?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Interesting take on Just Say Noah. So Clark was going to gently dump Mayson but finds her on the floor nekid.

Yep, you have to finish this tale before vacation.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I keep telling myself not to read, to just wait until the story is all posted because I can't deal with the ML's evil cliffhangers anymore. But ... I just can't resist.

The chapter was well done and an interesting change from the original. Loved that you kept *the kiss* the same and I can't say I'm sorry that Dan (and probably Mayson) seem to be on their way out. Whether Mayson is immediately dead or not will definitely affect Clark. Now, in both timelines Clark has to deal with the guilt of snogging Lois while Mayson is in trouble.

Sigh... Still I didn't mind a "Just Say Noah" trilogy. In fact, go ahead and make "Don't Tug on Superman's Cape" a 4-parter. It'll give them both time to talk and -- anything to delay the ARGH is a good enough reason to stall. Of course, with no Superman, will the Lakes even make an appearance?

More soon, please
Brenda

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm sure no one would mind if I don't get the whole thing posted before my vacation.
I think you are talking about a fandom in a parallel universe or... an alternate reality :p

Two weeks!!!! Please nooooooooooo wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
One of my favorite parts was this one...
“Well, Dan’s a great guy. Attentive. Loving. Loyal.”

“Sounds like my dog when I was seven,” he mumble under his breath.

“What?” she demanded, an edge creeping into her tone.

“Sounds like a match made in heaven,” he said louder.
rotflol

More soon please.

Little T

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
One of my favorite parts was this one...
“Well, Dan’s a great guy. Attentive. Loving. Loyal.”

“Sounds like my dog when I was seven,” he mumble under his breath.

“What?” she demanded, an edge creeping into her tone.

“Sounds like a match made in heaven,” he said louder.
Actually, Little T., I have to give credit to Carol here. I knew I wanted him to mumble some insult about Dan sounding like a dog and then 'correct' it, but I just couldn't come up with the right phrase to make it work. Carol is the one who came up with 'Sounds like my dog when I was seven.' If you look in the FanFic Related section, you can see my question and the resulting discussion.

It amazed me, too, how quickly Carol thought of it. I'd spent days trying to find the right phrase and she had it almost immediately.

Thank you, Carol wave

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I'll admit to getting the 'seven' from someone before me, but you can still send the whole rest of the fic to my inbox as thanks. Really. And I'm still sick so it would make me feel better. Honest.

Carol

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I guess I should thank alcyone, too, then. Thank you alcyone. wave

Columnist
Columnist
Great part, ML! You really know how to drive us crazy, don't you? My money's on Mayson being dead, but I guess we'll have to see.

I'm also suspicious that we might get to see Ultrawoman in this alternate reality. Well, I guess you'll just have to post the next part soon so we can find out, right?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My money's on Mayson being dead, but I guess we'll have to see.
See, I just don't feel that lucky about it right now. goofy Maybe later.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Next part coming up in... two minutes. laugh

ML wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard