Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Happy American Independence Day.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. I like the way Lucy was let in on Lois's feelings for Kent.

Framework4
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Let's see...

For Independence Day - I'd like the whole stinking thing in my inbox. Much better than fireworks - though I'm sure it has plenty!

So there's the sweatshirt. I msg'd Beth as soon as I knew Clark was getting clothes to tell her that you were evil b/c that's where the Smallville shirt came from.

At least Lois is acknowledging there's something there.

And now you owe us three more parts - it is the FOURTH of July after all wink .

Carol

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
it is the FOURTH of July after all
Well, that might be true if I were an American... but... Well, it wouldn't look very patriotic if I only posted one part for Canada Day and then posted four parts for Independence Day, would it. laugh (Might even be considered treason laugh )

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Well, but...

I have two friends who had babies today. Seriously. They need more fic to celebrate.

And Canada Day is on the first so it gets one. American Independence Day is the fourth so it gets four.

See completely logical and no treason involved.

Carol

Columnist
Columnist
ML, as a Canadian, I can say that I wouldn't be offended at all, and it would certainly not be treasonous to post more for Independence Day. It just shows how nice and generous we Canadians are.

S
sjp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
And as an English person I'm feeling somewhat left out. Can we have another part today? Sort of a belated St.George's day post? Or even two posts as it was the Queens birthday not so long ago too... it's only fair smile1

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great part ML. And I knew nothing too bad would happen to Lois. Was Dillinger really a brutal rapist in his day next to the murder and robbery stuff? After all, he had a girlfriend when they shot him.

Moving from her position by the door, she walked towards his bed. As she did, she spotted the picture of her from the newspaper lying on his night stand. She pushed aside the implications of finding that photo there and took a seat on the side of his bed.
laugh Lois, what a dirty little mind you've got there.

Michael

PS: As to the discussion of how many parts to post on a national holiday: It's the 4th of July, the 7th month of the year. So shouldn't that be 11 parts as in 4+7 = 11? :p

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm new to posting even though I've been reading the story since the beginning. I love it.

Still, I am a bit confused why "Kent" is still working for Presten Carpender, when he knows he's not very ethical. I understand he wants to stay close to "Lane", but arent' their other, smaller papers in Metropolis?
I would think there would be some conflicting feelings here.

But maybe your going to deal with that later. And anyway, why should someone who has not yet finished her first story be questioning someone who has at least five or six Kerths? (I've lost count.) Not to mention my personal favorite author. smile

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
And as an English person I'm feeling somewhat left out. Can we have another part today? Sort of a belated St.George's day post? Or even two posts as it was the Queens birthday not so long ago too...
Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. I don't want anyone to feel left out. What to do... What to do... What to do...

Was Dillinger really a brutal rapist in his day next to the murder and robbery stuff? After all, he had a girlfriend when they shot him.
I have no idea. Interesting question. Well, in this reality, I guess he doesn't have a lot of problem with rape. Or maybe... he just doesn't realize that she's saying no laugh .

Lois, what a dirty little mind you've got there.
Michael, what a dirty little mind you've got there laugh . Actually, though, since that is exactly what went through my mind when I put it there, I guess you're in good company. blush

Welcome to posting, Sara. And thanks for the complement. As far as this goes...

Still, I am a bit confused why "Kent" is still working for Presten Carpender, when he knows he's not very ethical. I understand he wants to stay close to "Lane", but arent' their other, smaller papers in Metropolis?
Good point. I hadn't really thought of it. I suppose I'll have to give it some thought.

Anyway, I keep planning on posting the next part. But it's one of those sections that I like so much that everytime I say... "Okay, just one last read and then I'm posting..." I end up making more changes to it.

So... hopefully the next part will be out today... in belated celebration of St. George's Day laugh

ML wave

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I think it's an interesting clue that Lucy knows about Kent but the Kansas Kents don't know about Lane. I'm not sure what it tells us yet, but I find interesting clues sprinkled throughout each post.

I like how it is not just Lois that comes to Clark in her time of need, but also Clark trusts Lois--even though he didn't have as many choices.

I think that the cloning process twisted the conscience of Dillinger even more than in real life. That's why he shamelessly attacked Lois.

Elisabeth

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I think that the cloning process twisted the conscience of Dillinger even more than in real life. That's why he shamelessly attacked Lois.
Oooo... good save, Elisabeth. Yes. Yes. That's exactly what happened. thumbsup

ML wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, though, since that is exactly what went through my mind when I put it there,
And that's why you're one of the most brilliant writers here. This one photo-reference is probably the pinnacle of PG-13 haze and smudge.

Please tell me you have more of gems like that in later parts.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Please tell me you have more of gems like that in later parts.
Well, since I didn't know that was a gem, I couldn't really say laugh

ML wave

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by MLT:
Good point. I hadn't really thought of it. I suppose I'll have to give it some thought.
How about this;

Most organizations have people that are less than ethical in power positions. They are attracted to it like a moth to light.

Clark may not like it and undoubtedly does not trust Preston Carpenter but so what? The world is filled with scum. In the canon Clark briefly works for Luthor.

I'm sure he is keeping track of Carpenter's double dealing and thus will, with the help of his partner Linda and of course Lois Lane, expose Carpenter at some point. After all the trio caught him in the Rival .

For now it means he keeps stories closer to his chest and triple checks his sources and does not let Carpenter get anything he can twist or embellish.

Perhaps a scene with Linda out of the office discussing Carpenter?

Or perhaps Lois could discover his notes?

Or Lois could ASK him that very question?

Framework4
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Was Dillinger really a brutal rapist in his day next to the murder and robbery stuff? After all, he had a girlfriend when they shot him.
This evening, I got curious so I did a little digging around on the net (very little). Anyway, you're right that he was a robber who also appears to have murdered some people. Nothing about rape.

And he did have a girlfriend when they got him. However... his girlfriend is the one who turned him in. So... maybe he didn't know how to take no for an answer laugh

ML wave

Columnist
Columnist
Love how in any reality they are protective and care for each other.

Great chapter, I love this story!

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by MLT:
... Nothing about rape...
Don't forget the difference time makes. In his day no one would have listened to a woman who, after being willing to be alone with him, dared to complain.

Look how much our culture has changed in just a few years. Remember MASH? One of the characters was named Trapper John. The nickname came from his trapping a woman in a bathroom on a train and having sex with her. She claimed rape, he said not. Wikipedia of course says she was lying even with the book's dust jacket calling it rape.

Framework4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard