Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I told you there was something funny going on with the wall paper laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Ok, so no babies, but oh well...

And yet, Blondie didn’t seem to know that as she moved closer to Kent, batting her eyelashes at him. Please!
Somebody i-is jealo-ous laugh

The wallpaper on one wall seemed to run over onto the ceiling.
Hm, I wonder how Clark lost control like that when wall-papering their new love nest, err, apartment.

“Well, before we mucked up the past, I use your birth date.”

“And now...”

“I use your birth date.”
Now why would she do that, hm? And of course, that's when I knew she wasn't married.

“Hey look at this?” Clark said, bringing her back into the main room. He had pushed open two wooden doors to reveal a large balcony. Following his lead, she walked to the balcony and looked outside. It seemed the building backed onto a park which, in the dead of night, showed no signs of life. In fact, it seemed quite dark and deserted.
Duh!
“Great place for covert take-offs and landings,” Clark said.

“Yeah,” Lois responded, moving to stand on the balcony. What was it about that comment that was again pulling on the edges of her memories?
I repeat myself: Duh!
So... what did it all mean? She wasn’t sure. But she did wonder was how much more frustration it would take in this altered reality before something finally broke? How much more of this unresolved sexual tension could she handle before she finally gave in? And since in this reality, she knew they had not married, what would happen then?
Help, Superman! :rolleyes: Why do you think you've Clark's sweatshirt in your apartment. You've been having an illicit affair with the bad reporter from the Star for the last three years. Still galactically stupid. And suddenly I wonder if Tempus will show up. They're obviously going at it hot and heavy in her new love-nest, so Utopia might just be delayed a few years until Superman shows up.

Lois turned to make her escape when she felt Dillinger’s hand on her arm, his grip painful. “Not so fast, doll. You’re coming with us.”

Lois looked around for Capone, hoping he would step in once again. But this time, he only smiled.**

“Oh, god,” Clark said. “I should have been there.”

“No, Clark. It’s not your fault. You couldn’t have known I was going to be at that club or that Dillinger was going to take a fancy to me.”
I'm so not worried. I'm just prepping my popcorn and wait for either Lois or Clark kicking Dilligner's unshapely behind. laugh

Your cliffhangers no loner scare me. Nope. All's well and fine here. No Lois doing Scardino. No Clark doing Mayson. Lois is doing Clark in secret and when he's not available she has a punching ball. Everything's just fi-ine.

Michael

PS: I'm sure if nobody is fazed by ML's attempts at cliffhangers anymore then she will stop trying to make cliffhangers and just provide wonderful parts that can be enjoyed without the intense feelings of suspense and withdrawal at the end. Suspense in the middle is just fine. And withdrawal is natural no matter where you stop. Yep, everything is just fi-ine.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
sjp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
Well, I've lost count of how many times I thught "aww" whilst reading this part, and altough there may not be a huge cliff-hanger I'm still just as anxious to read the next part smile1

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Well, you're still evil, but at least Lois isn't married. Not a huge fan of the illicit love affair thing in general, but I might make an exception in this mixed up reality. I can understand why - even though they normally don't - they would want to be together as much as possible right now.

I'm guessing Lois is a published author with some sci-fi flying man meets intrepid reporter novel wink .

So more in my inbox.

Or tomorrow for American Independence Day. Actually, that calls for at least 2 parts. Probably 3 or even 4.

Carol

Columnist
Columnist
This was an "aww" chapter. It was grounding to have a chapter that was them together not just their memories.

Very nice chapter!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
They headed to Clark's at 11ish. They hung out for awhile before heading to Lois' place. It had certainly been a long time since lunch. A very long time.

And a girl that can't sleep... Well, that's understandable.

The ending was just plain yucky though, no matter what anybody else says.

Elisabeth

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm sure if nobody is fazed by ML's attempts at cliffhangers anymore then she will stop trying to make cliffhangers and just provide wonderful parts that can be enjoyed without the intense feelings of suspense and withdrawal at the end. Suspense in the middle is just fine. And withdrawal is natural no matter where you stop. Yep, everything is just fi-ine.
laugh

I've lost count of how many times I thught "aww" whilst reading this part
Glad you enjoyed it.

The ending was just plain yucky though, no matter what anybody else says.
Don't worry. It gets worse wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard