Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rona V. Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I've been out of town for almost two weeks, so I've spent the last couple of days catching up on this story. I still love this story, Carol! I like that Lois and Clark are growing closer together, that Lois is starting to trust, and that Clark is starting to be able to be a little more open. That last section with the impatient Jimmy and Lois and Clark in bed was adoreable!

I'm sorry you chose to cut down the size of the story from here. frown Although I can completely understand why you'd make a decision not to go into so much detail (even if your reasons are not the reasons I would have - I could still understand), I'm sure I would have loved to read it if you'd chosen to take a longer route. I can't believe there are only about ten more parts left! I can see the progress that is being made with the characters, but now I don't want to let go of them. frown

Columnist
Columnist
Carol, I love this update! Their talk at the start of the chapter was perfect. Clark didn't freak and Lois remained calm while she talked to him.

Count me in the group that is gonna be sad that you are cutting down and out on some of the details you had planned. This story is one of my favorites because you do such a wonderful job of delving into the emotions behind what is happening.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol, right now, there are no words in my vocabulary to express how wonderful this story is and how many days I have woke up looking for a new part. It's just absolutely fabulous!

The conversation was nice between Lois and Clark and I'm so glad that their relationship is moving forward...finally. notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hey guys! Quick note: I won't completely rule out adding more back in especially if someone says 'what about...' and I say 'oooo didn't think about that' or something. wink

Carol

Columnist
Columnist
I too loved the opening scene and felt the characters reaction was perfect. I also loved the closing scene with the conversation in bed. Now please have the opening scene in the next section having them opening presents. Depending on the presents it could be priceless especially since Jimmy alluded to something about Clark's gift.

I too will be sad to see the story end and hope that you don't cut too much. I salute you for your effort with this story. A great story. clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww the 10 part countdown. Well I just caught up with the last three (way, way spoiled that I didn't have to wait to find out what happened when Clark walked in on Lois and Alice's conversation). I think I'll just bask for now. Conversations have been great, I love Lois' support of Clark's helping with disasters, and who wants to move to Athens and get a massage? Looking forward to the next part. wink

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great part Carol.

"Clark!"

His eyes opened to find Lois propped up on one arm staring at him. "What?"

"It's time to get up, sleepyhead." She smiled. "You look like you were having a nice dream, though. And you called me 'baby'."
[...]
"Want to tell me what you were dreaming about?"

Clark turned red. "You don't want to know."

"Yes, I do."

He sighed. "Fine. It was Christmas morning and we were making out."

"Is that all we were doing?"

"I don't know. You woke me up." He pouted a bit. "I didn't get to find out."

"You are nothing but a big kid, you know that?" Lois asked laughing amazed at how far their relationship had come in the last few months.
I so did not see that one coming. clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Carol, this was so sweet! I'm so glad that Lois is getting more comfortable with Clark. I think you resolved the situation from last chapter just beautifully.

And like everyone else, I loved the ending. Imagine that the Lanes used to wear their pyjamas all day on Christmas! I love it! Talk about relaxed and comfortable. But of course, the best little "garment detail" of this part was that Lois actually at least looked at and touched the box containing Aunt Louise's wedding present to her, the lovely nightie that she would wear when she was ready to make love to Clark. No, Lois didn't unwrap her package, and she certainly didn't wear the nightie for Clark. But the simple fact that she was able to, well, face the package, acknowledge its existence, and touch the box, seems like real progress to me. It was of course great that she read the letter from Clark's mom, too. And I loved her and Clark's conversation about what their future intimate life might be like.

I sympathized with Clark for getting somewhat irritated at Jimmy Interruptus, and I looooved Clark and Lois's plans of staying at a small bed and breakfast and spending all day together in bed!

Ann

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice chapter, Carol. I'm so glad that Lois is recovering and feeling more comfortable with Clark. He's so amazingly patient and caring -- I just want to see him rewarded with the kind of love he needs/wants.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard