Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52462 05/25/08 05:49 PM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Just as promised, you posted! dance Carol, awesome job, but you've got to give us more...more Lois and Clark growing together and wrap up this assault thing! I know...ungrateful. LOL!

Anyway, I was so glad that Lois told Mayson where to go and how to get there in the last chapter and I don't understand why Lois felt a need to apologize. After all, Mayson knew that Clark was married but proceeded to try to get him to leave his wife. So Mayson got what she deserved! evil Hussy!

When's his birthday?"

"Ah, February 28," came the tentative reply.

"Very good. Did he tell you that, did someone else tell you, or did you ask?"

Mayson shrugged. "I have no idea."

Lois looked at Clark, one eyebrow raised.

"She asked," he said.
This was one of my favorite lines. It shows just how *married* Lois and Clark are and just how together they are on a lot of things with non-verbal communication.
The Five Love Languages
Nice touch.

I'm glad that Perry and Alice spent some time and shared some wisdom with the young couple. I just wish that Lois could start to love Clark a little more than platonically.
Clark nodded as he took his T-shirt off. When he began to take his jeans off, Lois looked away. He wore boxers and would put shorts on momentarily, but still... It wasn't like she'd never talked to him and looked his direction while he changed into his sleep shorts or pajama pants in the winter; he'd asked her about it not long after they got married and, really, the boxers he wore didn't show any more than shorts did. She hadn't minded before, but something about him undoing his belt and button sent chills into that empty pit in her stomach this time.
Finally Clark is having some sort of effect on Lois. She is finally allowing herself to become attracted to him and *want* him. And this is okay because he is her husband.
He squeezed her hand. "I do love you, Lois, and I want to be able to show you that in whatever way you need so that you understand that." He brought her fingers up and kissed them lightly. "And I'm not going anywhere."
Clark knows that Lois is still insecure and he wants t do whatever it takes for her to trust him with her heart.
Clark reached to turn the light off on his side of the bed. "Come here."

Lois moved to his side and let him wrap his arms around her. "Good night."

He kissed her forehead. "Good night."
Lois still finds comfort in Clark's arms and that screams *trust* louder than anything, but she doesn't realize it.

Carol, nicely done! Girl you are fabulous but c'mon with the juice already! wallbash I'm dying here!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Sheila - thank you smile .

However...

I think I may need to rework the part where Clark is changing clothes. In another spot, one of them thinks it more explicitly, but him changing has never really bothered her if their in the middle of a conversation or whatever. Now, it reminds her of Paul and what happened there.

How's this?

She hadn't minded before, but something about him undoing his belt and button sent a sickening feeling into that empty pit in her stomach this time and she struggled to keep the face of her attacker out of her mind.
Thanks again wink .
Carol

Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ahhh...now I get it. We're on a totally different wavelength, now. I guess I read it as growing attraction for her husband when she was really having episodes of déjà vu.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Well, we're only 48 hours or so out from the attack. Yeah - it's been like 100 pages and 8 parts but it's only been 48 hours wink .

Carol

Blogger
Blogger
Originally posted by CarolynK:
More? Please? smile1 Soon?

Peace, Carolyn
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I like that Dr. Emmert seems to take the allegations against Paul Smith and Snodgrass very seriously. I'm very glad that Lois and Clark are going to get their grades, and that they are going to get their As, too.

And I loved how Lois reminded Clark that they have promised to really talk to each other every day:

"Fine." She sighed. "Okay, the last two days have been kind of crazy, but we said we'd share something every day. Since I brought it up, you get to start."

He chuckled. "Nice how that works, isn't it?"

"Yep."
I loved this!

And then Clark told Lois how he had never seriously dated another girl in his life, and how he had never really kissed, much less groped, anyone.

I loved Lois's comment:

"Wow. That right there would turn into a very steamy best seller if you ever wanted to tell your life story."
But Clark's reply was even better:

Clark groaned. "I told you, from the time I met you, I knew you were the one for me so there was no point in dating anyone seriously. It would only end up hurting someone and I didn't see why I should."
Every time Clark explains how he just knew, at fourteen, that Lois was the girl for him, that just blows me away. It's amazing, and it's wonderful.

Lois admitted that she hadn't read Martha's letter, but she promised that she would.

But Lois is still so insecure:

"I will read it, I promise."

"Thank you. She would have loved you, you know."

Lois didn't say anything to that.
No, Lois didn't say anything to that. She was too unsure of whether Martha really would have loved her. But later on, she acknowledges that Martha might at least have liked her, and she would probably have liked Martha:

You could have had my mom... I mean it – she would have loved you."

"I think I would have liked her, too," Lois said softly, stifling a yawn as she did.
By the way, I absolutely love what Clark told us about his mom and his ties:

She had a college degree and wanted to be an artist. She did sculptures from time to time – I think there's still some at the farm – and she made me a bunch of ties that are..." He smiled a far off sort of smile. "...not quite in fashion. I doubt they ever were. I haven't worn any of them yet.
So that is why so many of his ties are rather weird and wild!!!

And Cat's interview with Linda King was awesome.

"Did he ever work late with men?"

There was silence for a minute. "Not any that I can think of. I think the guys tend to get the early mornings and girls tend to get the later night shifts."
Paul only ever worked late with women, never with men!!! Guess why!!!

"What is the relationship, as you know it between Professor Smith and Tony Rader at the Star?"

"They went to college together. Everyone knows that. They covered East Germany together twenty years ago or something."
Paul is an old friend of Tony Rader at the Star. That figures.

And Cat made Linda describe how Paul started the rumour about Clark having an affair with Mayson!!

And Linda even admitted that she had been sexually involved with Paul, and that she would have liked to have a more serious relationship with him!

"What I want to know..." Cat sat thoughtfully for a minute. "How are all these things connected? Paul and Tony know each other from college and as correspondents or whatever. Tony may or may not know what's actually going on. It's possible that Paul just asked him to let you guys and Olivia and whoever else go and he did as a favor for a friend or whatever. It's also possible that he does know what's going on, but for now we may want to give him the benefit of the doubt. We can certainly try to interview him at some point. I'm sure that they're pretty far behind the eight-ball on this without you guys or that list. But what about Dr. Snodgrass? Why is he helping cover all this up?"
Excellent question! What is Snodgrass's part in all of this?

(Can't resist mentioning this... in the 1950, a beloved Swedish singer was called "Snoddas". I think of him every time I see Snodgrass's name. As for Snoddas, he was most famous for a song, "Flottarkärlek" (A Raftman's Love), where he sang about how unbelievably successful he was with women in all the villages around where he lived, and how - well, he doesn't say it, but we can guess it - how a lot of these women have shared his bed. Here is a YouTube version of Flottarkärlek with Snoddas.)

I was sorry to see that Lois was feeling afraid of Clark's body. That is a very sad setback for them, but natural under the circumstances.

I hope Lois and Clark can learn something useful from their books about love, too.

Well, I'm saying what Carolyn said: Come back soon with more!!!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I really like how you are changing Cat, for this stor. Nice to see Lois bond with another woman other than Martha.

Great scene with Perry and the President of the University. Perry is the perfect blend of boss and dad!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Read it. Loved it.

And your original feeling in Lois stomach was quite clear wink What have you done to me Carol, where is the innocence?

I do wonder, is it possible that Lois and Clark both are the feeling variety?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm so glad Lois and Clark got to talk about a hypothetical situation involving Mayson or someone like her before it actually happened smile

And the book on love languages... wow didn't know about it, thanks for pointing it out... sounds intriguing.

I like the Univ. President and his dealing with the situation. And coincidence... the university where I'm currently at also has a President Emmert (different first name) smile

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's good to see Lois and Clark not only communicating, but actually making an effort to do so. Let's hope they're able to successfully nail that scumbag Paul and his slimy accomplice Snodgrass.

Still loving this story, Carol! thumbsup

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Carol, I really like where this story is heading. It was good to see someone at the university who wasn't corrupt - and he played it just right. He's taking the allegations seriously, but in an effort to make sure he's safe regardless of the outcome, he isn't immediately making it 100% clear that he believes Lois.

I can't wait to see Paul get his comeuppance and (of course) for Lois and Clark to get closer.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thank you again everyone! Let's see if I can make it through a whole FDK thread without losing everything...

Sheila - thanks again. I loved that exchange between them. Mayson really isn't as evil as everyone thinks, I don't think. I think she truly believed that Clark out. If she thought he was happy, she never would have said anything and probably would have made herself get over it long before it got to that point. I think I said that we wouldn't see her again until the sequel but we will smile . Blame Anna [Great Defender of All That is Daniel] for that one. I hope she is able to redeem herself eventually. Juice? We bought a thing of apple juice last night because we were out - want some? wink

Carolyn - Thanks. Watch the boards near you - should be up soon.

Ann - There are certain things that Dr. Emmert has to do regardless of who he believes - that includes protecting and suspecting both sides. She will read the letter - I promise, but it may be a while because their lives are about to be very busy for a while. I can't claim credit for the idea that Martha instilled Clark's love of wacky ties in him. I'm not sure where I got that, but I do remember one with a palm tree on it... I was hoping that the interview worked that way since Lois and Clark really couldn't be there for it and I wanted Linda's words in there and I haven't shown anything where one or the other wasn't there [though I did find a couple of scenes much later in the stuff I've already written that are *sigh* - not sure how I'm going to get around that but anyway...]. Perry said Cat was good at getting women to talk to her and she is. And lol at Snoddas.

cp33 - thanks! I tend to see Cat as more than she was shown on the show - more like Cat's Corner and such.

Michael - Thank you. I hoped it was but after Sheila misunderstood, I think reworking it was right. Feeling variety? Physical touch you mean? Maybe.

AnKS - we've gone through that book a number of times in our Sunday School/marriage class and it does help to understand how others think/feel. My DD4 for instance is very much quality time. As for Emmert... I asked Anna [Great Defender of All That is Daniel] for a good name for a president and she gave me two - I took the first name from one and the last name from the other wink .

Rona - Thank you smile .

Anon - it wasn't everyone that's corrupt - not even very many, but again there's things he *has* to do regardless of who he believes.

Thanks again everyone! Look for the next one later today.
Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
We upgraded our computer security when we renewed the software, so it wouldn't let me into part 24 today. One of the words in it led the almighty computer into thinking it was a dating website. I tried the administrator's password, but it wouldn't let me put my password in because it couldn't verify who was receiving my password and that was too scary for almighty computer. AAAAAAHHHH!

Perry clicked the tape recorder off as the university president left the room.

"He believes you, kids."
I couldn't tell, but I trust Perry on this. He's been around the block more than I've been.

I thought it was curious that Clark has been so hush-hush regarding Ms. Anderson and the other witnesses but he allowed her to listened to the tape of Cat's interview with Linda. I had supposed at first that she was listening behind Clark's back, but then she reached out for his hand. Maybe it was because it was a consensual relationship? Maybe because they knew her? I'm just looking for consistency so it all makes sense in my mind.

I was so relieved when Alice and Perry took Lois & Clark aside for some mentoring, particularly as they obviously had planned this. It makes me curious as to what Perry and Clark talked about. (Probably nothing. In my experience men don't share that many details about marriage whether it's going well or not.)

I have never met a married couple who had matching love languages. I know the odds are 1 in 5, but opposites really do attract.

I also liked how they talked about their one thing that night. The little things make such a difference. Wasn't it the author of The Five Love Languages who also talked about making a two degree change to fix a bad relationship? John Trent? He sat next to a NASA employee on an airplane and was told that if the space shuttle was off by only two degrees they would miss the moon entirely. It's his theory that most marriages only fall apart not because they start out being wildly divergent but because they get off by two degrees somewhere and then time allows them to continue drifting apart. His contension is that since it was just little things that started the problem, little two degree changes can bring you back together. He suggests each spouse make a list of 3 minor things and then the partner picks one thing to do. Believe it or not, it works pretty well.

Anyway, that was OT but I think it's a good idea that they're sharing one thing daily since it's the kind of little thing that makes big changes over time.

I'm glad that even though she freaks out a little watching him undo his belt, she still feels safe enough to give him a hug good night.

Elisabeth
who bets that Clark's love language is physical touch, but has no guesses on Lois

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The five languages is a wonderful book.

and I love this story.
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thank you D8as!!

So sorry that something in there didn't like your server frown . I'm not writing a dating website - promise wink .

Why Lois could listen to Linda's interview... I think, in large part, it's because Olivia's story is *so* similar to her own that they wouldn't want to taint her. Linda is very different and it shouldn't affect her. Sure. That's my story and I'm sticking to it wink . Honestly, you caught me there, but I think it's okay.

Five Love Languages is Gary Chapman. I think I've heard that about the degrees before, but not sure.

The belt thing is more a reaction to a visual/sound stimuli. It has nothing to do with Clark himself, but rather what Paul did. Clark holding her at night is a different thing and he's always careful in how he approaches her. At this point, he doesn't realize that it affects her. He'll find out though.

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard