Next Thread
Print Thread
#52138 05/14/08 03:13 PM
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
This is getting to be my favorite day of the week.

I did some quality snooping (which a few legal officials might call breaking and entering)
This is such a Lois way to think.

I never noticed the security camera tracking my every move.
Cue foreboding music.

I waited and bided my time—something which is very hard for me to do
I, for one, am very proud of her for waiting as long as she did. With all of that impatience, she must have been miserable confined to her house in Smallville. Of course, she is patient when she needs to be; that's why she doesn't jump the gun and tell the police about what she has found too early.

A part of me wants to admonish him for being so presumptuous, but a more dominating part mourns the loss of his gentle fingertips.
The mixed emotions are so indicative of the early relationships between Lois and Clark.

I missed so many opportunities to do things the right way during that investigation. I had so many chances to make the right decision when I instead opted to do things my way for the sake of the story. This was one of those moments. A smart girl would have phoned the police. The Lois Lane of today would phone the police. In 1993, I ignored that option. I gathered every ounce of incriminating evidence I could find, and headed straight home to call my friend Jack. Jack owned a plane chartering company and better yet, he owed me a big favor. I was going to the Congo. I was going to find out what those guns were being used for, and who was receiving them.
She has regrets without being overwhelmed by regret. The older and wiser Lois Lane knows what she should have done, but she doesn't let her failures own her.

I totally didn't recognize who Drew was. Looking back I wonder why he leaked her leads, even though I totally understand why he warned her off the case.

With one firm push from the floor, Lois Lane fell away from me and Crazy Katie Fulton was born.
Thank you for not ending the part at this point. laugh

I can't wait to find out what where Wednesday brings them. thumbsup

Elisabeth

#52139 05/14/08 03:42 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I enjoyed this. I actually almost liked 'Call me Daniel' *shudder* I even told Anna - the Great Defender of 'Call me Daniel' - that she should read this one but she was waiting till it was done - I'll make sure to let her know!

Looking forward to Wednesday!
Carol

#52140 05/14/08 05:26 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Great story and very well written. But like the others it leaves me wanting the rest of the story. How do they bring down the Gamma Group and who is in charge. Is it Luthor or some other villian.

You realize that we are going to want a story for every day of the week don't you. After all Folcs are nice people but very greedy when it comes to wanting stories. mecry grovel

#52141 05/14/08 05:42 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great part, Rona!

Like Elisabeth, I loved this quote:

I did some quality snooping (which a few legal officials might call breaking and entering)
Oh, how delightfully Lois!

I love how you contrast the young, almost ridiculously fearless reporter Lois Lane with the 37-year-old half-paranoid recluse Crazie Katie. And I love how Clark breaks down the walls of Crazie Katie, and how he not only finds but begins to break down the walls of Lois Lane, too:

Clark reaches out to slowly run his fingers over the scar. His touch is tender, but he quickly pulls back. A part of me wants to admonish him for being so presumptuous, but a more dominating part mourns the loss of his gentle fingertips.
I think Elisabeth quoted this, too, but I'll repeat it because its loveliness demands it.

This is just wonderful:

Clark's eyes grow serious. “Do you still want to be Lois Lane? Do you still want to go back to Metropolis someday, if we can find this man and put him behind bars?”

“I do. I want to talk to my sister. I want to see Perry again. I want to walk amongst the population. Go out to dinner. Get a real haircut.” I stop to consider the implications of his words. “Are you really saying you'll help me get my life back?”

Clark pulls me up into a hug. It feels so comforting, being held in the arms of this man whom I've only known for a few hours. “Of course I will,” he whispers earnestly into my hair. “I think the world could use Lois Lane again.”
Looking forward to Wednesday!

Ann

#52142 05/15/08 04:39 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Yes, there is going to be a Wednesday, right? I loved this story and I want more of these two!

#52143 05/15/08 04:44 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks everyone for the feedback on this. This part was really difficult for me to write because I'm not an A-plot sort of person, and this treaded dangerously close to having to fake an A-plot for me.

Elisabeth -

I totally didn't recognize who Drew was. Looking back I wonder why he leaked her leads, even though I totally understand why he warned her off the case.
I had hoped I'd made that part clear enough, but I may work on that in my re-write before I submit it to the archives. What I was going for was that he knew there was something big going on, and he wanted Lois to get the story. However, when he first talked to her he didn't have any idea of just how dangerous this was. By the time he realized it, it was too late.

Thank you for not ending the part at this point.
You have no idea how tempting that was for me to do just that laugh

Carol - Thanks for the rec! I never thought Scardino was that bad, just a plot contrivance to keep Lois and Clark apart for a little longer. In this world I've let him be in love with someone else and taken away those awful shirts, so he's a little more tolerable smile

Kmar - A story for every day of the week? shock I think my fiance might disown me. He's getting tired of talking to the back of my head as I sit here saying "Shhh!! I just need to write one more paragraph...no, one more for tonight. No, one more..."

Ann - Thanks so much! After seeing the reaction to "Monday" I had a feeling this could easily turn into a series. However, it was never my intention to write anything more than that original super-short. I don't know where I stand with "Wednesday" right now. Writing it would require me to write an A-plot, and that is not my forte. Would you settle for: "Lois and Clark hunt down the bad guy. He turns out to be very mean. But the reporters prevail and live happily ever after. The End." laugh

Beth - Thanks! I don't know where to go from here, though. I'm afraid my muse has hit a dead end at the moment. *I* know who the bad guy is, but no idea how to write the next part.

Thanks again so much to everyone for their kind words while I was working on this story!! If it hadn't been for all of the feedback along the way, this story would have read very much like the one I created above just for Ann.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard