T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Very good to see this back!

I think you write Lois's various emotions beautifully. I loved this:

I found myself putting a hand on my abdomen when she said that, filled with an irrational feeling of warmth for the tiny little thing in my belly.

It was weird because I had never really wanted to be a mother. Given my childhood, the most important thing to me was to be as different from my parents as possible. But then I married Clark and he wanted to be a father so much it made me want to become parents. But mostly for Clark. I wanted to be a mother mainly so that Clark could be a father.

But now that I was pregnant, it was different. I could already feel excitement and something else, something akin to love for the baby growing inside me, and it was separate from the fact that I felt happy that I may be able to give Clark the thing he wanted most in the world.
At first Lois never wanted to be a mother, but then she wanted to be a mother mostly so that Clark could be a father. But now she feels love stirring in herself for that yet-invisible little life growing inside her. It's wonderful how her pregnancy fills her with joy at her ability to give Clark what he wanted most in the world, and at the same time she feels love for the tiny little baby that she has never seen, not even in an ultrasound image.

At the same time there are all these feelings of apprehension. What will it be like to feel sick for months? How will she be able to go without coffee? What will her parents say about her pregnancy - and what will they say about the true nature of the father of her child? And what if something goes wrong anyway?

I love Clark's warm, supportive presence throughout this part, and I like Evelyn, their gynecologist.

I'm looking forward to more parts of this sweet fic, which still has a lot of potential for angst.

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I like the idea of telling Martha and Jonathan before the Lanes.

I look forward to more, this is very enjoyable.

Blogger
Blogger
Mather and Jonathan will be so happy for the two of them... laugh

Very very sweet second part. Hope you post the next part soon.

I am Top Banana - that's the way I like it... (Pilot - Lois Lane)
Blogger
Blogger
I'm really looking forward to read more... especially when they tell Perry.
I really enjoyed when Lois explained how she felt about becoming a mother. I don't want to have children either, but that really made think about it.
Anyway, hoping to see more.
Francisca.

A LOVE THAT RISK NOTHING, WORTHS NOTHING (JONATHAN KENT- BIG GIRLS DON'T FLY)
Columnist
Columnist
This was so wonderful. I have zero time for feedback right now, but I had to tell you how much I'm enjoying this story. The way Lois and Clark interact with each other is so sweet.

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thank you all so much for the feedback. I'm really glad you are enjoying it, it's been so easy to write (thus far anyway).

I'm glad also that Lois' emotions seem true. It's always hard to be sure you're getting that right (or at least I feel that way). I try hard to imagine how Lois would feel, but of course, it's all guess work. So, it's good to get feedback on how I'm doing there.

I need to put the finishing touches on the next chapter, but should post it tonight or tomorrow.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard