Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rona V. Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my god!! Evil cliffhanger! jawdrop

Here I was thinking this was a nice sweet little section, and then you spring that ending on us...need more!!!

I'll read the Martha letters soon, I can't formulate coherent thoughts at the moment.

Okay, I'm back. Now, about the last section. Evil cliffhangers might make me fuss a bit, but I really secretly like them :p Cliffhanger aside, it was a nice section. I like how you've incorporated Jimmy and Perry and Alice into Lois and Clark's life at a young age. I'm going to take this as a good sign for what the future holds smile

The Martha letters were great, as well. They really did give me that nice WAFFy feeling, which was sorely needed today. I can completely see Martha saying these sort of things to Clark.

As a side note, I completely relate to the ice storm, since I went through one back in '97 that left us without power for three days and nights. It got down to around 40 in our house and stayed there until the electricity came on. We all slept in one bed (including the dog) with lots of blankets. Fortunately, we had a kerosene camping stove we were able to cook on, and the food didn't go bad because we kept it outside in the below-freezing weather. Ha!

Keep the good work coming, Carol!

Columnist
Columnist
Ack! Carol, how can you leave us hanging like that? What an excellent cliffhanger!

And Martha's letters nearly made me cry. They were so sweet and funny and sad. I'm looking forward to reading more of them!

On a more unrelated note, I was having flashbacks to my first part-time job with Lois working in the drive-through. I remember shivering in the 30 below (celsius) weather while handing ice cream through the window. And having my manager tell me that we weren't allowed to wear gloves because they were a health hazard. grumble

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Normally I hate stories where outside parties find out The Secret. The redeeming factor here is that it truly was a sloppy accident and Clark is truly worried about the consequences.

Still, there were many cute portions of this part.

Elisabeth

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Trying not to cry as I finish the Martha letters. (Blue arrow, BTW.) Life is so short and fragile, yet still so precious.

Elisabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I liked this part a lot. Yay to the idea of having Lucy hook up with Jimmy! I was feeling a bit worried when you said that Lucy had been seeing a boy a lot, because we all know that Lucy has often had awful taste when it comes to boyfriends. But her and Jimmy!! That's splendid!

Power outages. Eeeeech. I have never been a victim of any sort of severe outage myself, because these problems have so far never hit the major cities in Sweden. However, for people who live in the countryside, power outages are a recurring and severe problem during winter storms. Large parts of Sweden are heavily forested, and during storms trees fall of the power lines and cut off power for hours or days in a row for some people.

I loved seeing Lois and Clark meet Perry and Alice. I wasn't absolutely thrilled when Perry found out about Clark's secret, though. It irritates me a bit that Clark would hide his secret so carefully from Lois, actually for weeks and months after they were married, but he would tell Perry about his alien origins less than twenty-four hours after meeting him. It just seems that Clark has his preferences wrong when it comes to sharing his secret.

Oh well, I hope that this means that Perry will give Lois and Clark a chance to write something for the Daily Planet soon!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
jawdrop jawdrop

Adkdkdkdkdk, are you serious! (Documentation of the sounds that came out of my mouth.)

This is UNBELIEVABLE, how can you leave me here?!

Lois is going to FLIP.

Gonna try not to freak out in cliffhanger suspense, but I predict lots of bouncing around in my bed.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great part, Carol. And a very evil cliffhanger. grumble I have read that part (okay, all my LnC fic, actually) on my PDA, and due to screensize, scrollbars, and so on, I had no idea the end of this part was coming up when I scrolled one page down and read tbc. This was just mean. Like watching a show and having no clock, no cue what so ever, that it is soon to be continued next week. are you already up to three parts a week. Is part 11 going to the boards tomorrow? hyper

Oh, and I guess I should leave FDK in regards to the story too. Hm, let me think. There was Lucy knowing Perry White. Jimmy being Lucy's boyfriend. Clark warming Lois. Lois liking her live-in-heater. and the revelation(s) had been a true surprise. Okay, you built up some warning, but who would guess you pull the big one on us so soon. hail

Loved the letters, too. All the hints to Clark's special needs. And I just remembered, he had his first kiss way before his first date laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Who me? Evil? Can't be wink .

Rona - as an author it's nice to leave readers speechless. As a reader I have a love/hate relationship with it just as you do. Our betta fish died in about 24 hours during our storm. Who woulda thunk it? Tropical fish, 43* house... Go figure... We didn't stay at our house [relatives 45m away had power] but the temp got down into the low 40s without a fire going. We have friends who moved their freezers etc. to the driveway to keep their food. We moved stuff to the garage shelves - refrigerator stuff mostly because it didn't get over like 25* while we were gone and it wouldn't go bad.

Beth - I'm glad you're enjoying the letters. I'm enjoying writing them - trying to get into Martha's head and all. Not sure how well I succeed all the time but... I probably won't post any more until Friday or so with the next part.

Elisabeth - yes, it was a sloppy accident. I hope I made that clear. Perry saw him picking up still smoldering logs and moving them around and then the fire was suddenly blazing again without kindling. And he was so... freaked that he didn't hear everyone else head towards the kitchen. Got the arrow wink . What would I do without you to remind me?! I've contemplated doing something like that for my kids, but just can't bring myself to...

Ann - glad you're back on the boards!!!! I like Jimmy and Lucy together [though it's usually my version of Lucy because we didn't really learn TOO much about her on the show] and have had them end up together in several fics. Whether they'll stay together here or not... we'll have to wait and see [they're only 16 and 17 or so at this point, though Lois was married to Clark when she was 17...] We have lots of trees in our area and lots of above ground power lines so when literally inches of frozen precip coated the trees... well, you can imagine. Not only was our old house out for 10 days but the weatherhead [where the wiring goes from the pole to the house] was damaged and the neighbor's trees would have landed on our van [because we wouldn't have thought to move it]. One tree [that was half dead] is completely gone now].

And I promise their first real investigation will end up in the Planet.

JD - hee hee! Repeat after me: Cliffhangers are good. Cliffhangers are my friend. Carol is not evil. Repeat. Repeatedly.

Michael - I did a little [internal] happy dance when I saw that you posted on the other boards that this was a fic you were running to read [or something like that]. Tomorrow is busy so I'm going to post here in a bit. Of course, that means I need to get the muse working so that I don't run out of buffer in a week and a half or so. Yes, he did have his first kiss long before his first date didn't he? Though technically, we don't know when his first date was - just that he went out with Lana some.

Okay - will be posting shortly smile .

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard