Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
So like 20 minutes ago I was in the kitchen wondering what I was going to do with a new-ficless weekend [answer: work on my own fic instead of feeling pathetically inadequate by reading the incredible authors we have around here], and wondering if you were going to post today. And then I come back and read 24 [more on that in a bit] and then see that 25 has been posted as well.

WOOHOO!!!

Okay am back.

Jory is okay. Whew. That's huge. Clark loves Lois - big shocker there. He admits it both to himself and to her - that's the shocker. He wants her to be his mother - bigger shocker. Maybe. It's a toss up which is the bigger shock. He's right though - she is his mom in the ways that count.

I love that they're spending time together and it seems this isn't the first time they've kissed so obviously something changed in the intervening months - I would have like to see more of that personally. I'm glad they're well on their way to being happy together. Are you going to show us more later?!?

Random side note from earlier part: I never ranted at Clark about being mad at Lois at the Pulitzer ceremony. She ran into his folks and Jory completely by accident. She didn't seek them out and purposely try to hurt him [then]. I wanted to borrow whoever had the Kryptonite toed boot and kick his rear for that.

Okay - loved it! Thank you for sharing!

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lol, Carol- you beat me to it (I'm closing the fdk thread i started).

Well FoLCs, that's the end. I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of you for sticking around and for commenting on the story. As I mentioned to BJ, I haven't written for the LnC fandom in quite a while so I was a little hesitant to jump in again. The commentary you guys gave made it a welcome environment, so again - greatly appreciated.

I also enjoyed the discussions that popped up - I hope that while raising issues, the story was not insensitive to them. While not being a scientist or doctor, I wanted to make the stuff I researched easy to understand while not being totally off base. Time will tell if that objective was achieved.

As for the ending - I wrestled with Jory's outcome (in how far his healing would go), but ultimately I figured this was the Son of Superman - would we expect less? I don't know, but hopefully the end was satisfying.

Well enough of my swan song- I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Top Banana
Top Banana
I had to get the tissues out at the end. Thank you for a beautiful story. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Columnist
Columnist
Sonia, this was an excellent story. Thank you so much for sharing. While this ending doesn't completely tie everything up, I preferred it that way.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Sonia, I haven't been leaving FDK like I should, but I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed this story so very much. I was always excited to see each new post. Thank you for sharing it with us, and and I hope you choose to post more in the future.

smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wonderful, Sonia!

I was rather glad to see Lois's reluctance to accept Clark in part 24. He really had hurt her so badly, and she had every reason to think that her heart wasn't safe with him. But how could she say no to Jory? She couldn't.

A wise woman once told me that parenting is more than biology, and she was right. *You* were right. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he's as much yours as he is mine. Neither of us made him – but he's ours. He's yours.”
That was lovely.

I had a follow-up question.” He stepped forward and placed his hands on her forearms. “If I gave you me – all of me – would you accept?”
She didn't, at first. But then she did. And I just loved that he wasn't put off by her initial rejection, but asked her if they could be friends instead! thumbsup thumbsup

Ann

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale. Well done. Your Sam & Ellen are wonderful.

How about a epilogue set 25 years in the future? Say with the debut of a new Superman?

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved the story... wohoo! And Clark's comments about their relationship was hehe thumbsup thumbsup clap

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard