Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Enjoyed it again - still too short though wink .

I think you mean Ellen, not Helen.

And hey - we all take stuff from the show and then change it all after that. For instance, I just reread Kathy B's wonderful When Friends Become Lovers and When Lovers Become More [and then wrote an email begging for When More Becomes Everything] - WFBL starts at the end of TOGOM but diverges greatly after that. If we just stuck with canon, we'd be left with... only inbetweenies??!?! EEP!

More soon!
Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh crap, did I mess that name up to? Soo sorry and I know how annoying that is!! Will go fix it.
Originally posted by carolm:
Enjoyed it again - still too short though wink .

I think you mean Ellen, not Helen.

And hey - we all take stuff from the show and then change it all after that. For instance, I just reread Kathy B's wonderful When Friends Become Lovers and When Lovers Become More [and then wrote an email begging for When More Becomes Everything] - WFBL starts at the end of TOGOM but diverges greatly after that. If we just stuck with canon, we'd be left with... only inbetweenies??!?! EEP!

More soon!
Carol

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ok fixed! Again, I apologize. I could have sworn she was called Helen but I have no excuse for not researching it better!! I know in the future I'll kick myself in the buttocks for making such a STUPID mistake, LOL. Because if you're going to write fanfic- get the dang names right! It's hard to enjoy a story when there is something so irritating like that in a fic. Hopefully I didn't turn you off to badly!

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
You're fine - it happens. People misspell names on occasion. I know I've caught myself doing it - and I'm sure most others have too. It's your first fic - cut yourself a little slack!

However, I still maintain the parts were too short wink . But now that we're pretty much at the endish of HIWTHI, I'm looking forward to seeing where you take it.

Carol

Columnist
Columnist
Great part! I think I forgot to comment on the first bit, but I've really enjoyed it so far. You really find a way to connect with Sam, which isn't always an easy task.

Another tip: usually authors mark story parts with the blue arrow icon to make them easy to identify. You can select it just above the box that you type in when you write a post. wink

Once again, this is a great story! I can't wait to read more!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Beth S.:
Great part! I think I forgot to comment on the first bit, but I've really enjoyed it so far. You really find a way to connect with Sam, which isn't always an easy task.

Another tip: usually authors mark story parts with the blue arrow icon to make them easy to identify. You can select it just above the box that you type in when you write a post. wink

Once again, this is a great story! I can't wait to read more!
Ohh another great tip! Thank you! And thank you for not bashing me over the head with my serious newbie-ism, LOL. I appreciate it!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I loved it! Very nice idea. We do not get other character's POV often enough and they are always so interesting. More soon, please!

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I like it a lot. I think it is very interesting that Sam knows, but Lois and Clark doesn't know that he knows. I loved how Clark was so super-heroic that he managed to fly to Lois's help when she was in mortal danger, despite his incredibly weakened state. And I loved how Lois and Clark put on a performance for her parents, and how Sam saw through it so clearly:

Of course, Superman hadn't stuck around after the heroic rescue and Sam played along. Finding Clark Kent, looking exceptionally haggard, sitting at his daughter's kitchen table when they arrived hadn't surprised him. Sam listened as Lois explained that Clark had been up all night on assignment and had just gotten home, using fatigue as a way to explain the pale skin and dark shadows apparent beneath eyes that were only partially masked with Clark's glasses. Sam merely nodded and commented that it was a good thing that Superman had been there to save the day, ignoring the single tear that had trailed down Lois' cheek as she had buried her face into Clark's neck.
Adorable. Sam saved Superman and Superman saved Sam's daughter.

More soon, please!

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard