Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So, are you guys happy now? Lois is gone, leaving Lex with Mayson and some green glowing bullets, and Clark for whoever wants to fight over him. (I belive Kae's first in line?) You better find something to protect him if you want to keep him, though!

Now, Wendy, bring on the real part!

edit: oops... helps if I don't skim over the agonising pain. Sorry, no line this time... blush

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup I'm so proud of you!

Thanks again, Wendy, for making this day even better then it already was! notworthy

Saskia jump

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yes!!! Wendy, I *knew* that you would give us a Tank Ending for this story, and you certainly didn't disappoint. I think you pulled out all the stops on this one. Most evil indeed.

Where's that 2x4 to hit Clark on the head for not realizing that it was indeed a cry for help he was hearing? [Linked Image] Since, as you wrote, his pseudonym indeed was not yet common knowledge, the lunkhead should have twigged that it therefore *had* to be Lois calling him...

And the bullets... mecry Isn't it convenient that Lex liked the look of that glowing green stone and had bullets fashioned from it, and then just happened to use them in his gun tonight? My poor Clark.

And now Kaethel will be unhappy, because maybe she won't get Clark to herself after all. Well, if Lois can't have him, I guess no one else can either...

Masterful piece of writing. Now where's the real ending?

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey, hey, hey!! What's this? What mess did you make? Lois is right that it's going to be bloody (no pun intended) difficult to get that carpet clean! Mind you, maybe it's a second-rate carpet and Lex doesn't care. But what's this about green-glowing bullets and getting my Clark (yes, *my* Clark) close to Lois when there's such a thing in her? This wasn't in the plan, Wendy! Besides, there's something missing! Yep, the last line is missing. Absolutely. Stop raising that eyebrow at me, I can see you! What about the following lines?

And then Kaethel arrived, dragged Clark away from the evil bullet, comforted him, and after a while (not too long because Kaethel isn't the best at patience) they got together, then engaged, then married, and they lived happily ever after. The end.

Oh, no, wait, another para is required:

Once he got tired of Mayson, Lex disappeared with his evilly glowing bullets; as it turned out, he had met a very cool (but still evil) woman called Elena, had fallen hopelessly in love with her, and decided to focus all his attention on reviving the Dr Tempus from Yvonne's "Misery" so that his beloved would be happy. The end.

There! All fixed! Now there's not even the need for the real ending. razz ) And finally the agonising pain that he felt, both physical and psychological, when he discovered Lois's body, and the evil explanation for Clark's physical agony. Pure evil! Worse than evil! There has to be a stronger word than "evil", and it fits! evil

All in all, another excellent one!

Kaethel smile (um... I was kidding when I said there was no need for the real ending, btw!)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy, brilliant Tank ending, though it left a few people regretting that they couldn't have Clark for themselves. I noticed you even threw in a little mention of the Swiss Alps (a very small, and I emphasize small, running joke) laugh , though it's Mayson who will be making the guest appearance there.

It's absolute genius to have Clark die of kryptonite poisoning while believing he's actually dying of a broken heart, especially when just minutes before he was expecting a wonderfully romantic interlude. Lunkhead.

Not sure of the bloody carpet. Lois was never much into cleaning, so I'm not sure why that was her last thought before leaving this plane. It was funny, though. smile

Still mystified why there wasn't the appearance of a lady with a cat (take your pick, ladies goofy ) who saves Clark at the last moment, comforts him in his terrible grief, and ends up living happily ever after with him.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Columnist
Columnist
Wendy, you're evil Truly evil!

However, I would like to point out that in a Tank *Wilson* ending, Clark goes away, vanishes, ends up with Kaethel, whatever, and Lois is consoled by a Bass-playing, comic book-loving, bearded, slightly older gentleman who can't stand kids....

Irene evil

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No no no you missed the haircut! So evil Wendy what did you do with the real Wendy? You know, the sweet , good and kind Wendy, that posts wonderful stories in regular installments<g> I hope we see her soon or we may have to do something rash about it! help shock

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
What? No haircut?

Actually, I knew that even if Wendy did a wonderfully evil false ending that she wouldn't include a haircut. That's just to get back at me for the little 'in-betweenie' I tried to slip in.

Clearly the most evil part of this was robbing Kae, and the others of their chance to step into Lois' place with Clark. Now that's a true Tank ending.

Tank (who finds it amusing that most of the 'Tank' endings that others write are much more evil than anything Tank ever wrote himself)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
EEP!!!!! My poor boy!! eek

/me sobs, then perks up!!!! Hey!! I'm a lady with four cats!! laugh

I'll save Clark from the evil green bullet~! <g>

/me fastens small red capes to her Supercats and sends them on an all important mission to rescue Clark.

Said Superkitties swoop upon the crime scene and lift Clark up by arms and legs and fly him to Texas where he is revived by unmentionable means and lives happily ever after.

There!! That's much better!!

Missy *and* Clark sloppy

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Fine TE, Wendy!!

Lois Lane, irritating reporter,
LOL! A nice variation on 'investigative' reporter. I like it.

However, I would like to point out that in a Tank *Wilson* ending, Clark goes away, vanishes, ends up with Kaethel, whatever, and Lois is consoled by a Bass-playing, comic book-loving, bearded, slightly older gentleman who can't stand kids....
Or Lois decides to marry Lex to save her life and they shoot Clark together when he arrives goofy

Anyway, I knew there would be a TE somewhere, but it doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to the original one!!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A WLMC Special for Tank, Saskia, Kaethel and Pelican.
Wow...nothing's like being one of the people who inspires a writer to ruin any person's good mood with a Tank-ending! smile1 (who's cheering for Kaethel - go and get Clark before it's too late!!)

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! An excellent Tank ending! whinging

Tricia cool (Who can't wait to read the real part. smile )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/me peeks carefully into the folder, getting ready to dodge any flying shears or !!!!! being thrown in her direction...

Yes!!! Wendy, I *knew* that you would give us a Tank Ending for this story, and you certainly didn't disappoint. I think you pulled out all the stops on this one. Most evil indeed.
Anyway, I knew there would be a TE somewhere,
LOL! It’s interesting that you should say that, Kathy and Anna. I had absolutely no intention whatsoever of writing a TE for this story. But then I had Sas and Tank and Kaethel and Pelican all speculating delightedly on what could happen should Lex actually pull that trigger and Superman fail to save Lois, and I decided that I just couldn’t disappoint such loyal readers. wink So... this had to be written.

And it seems that it was appreciated:
I love it, Wendy! Thank you for writing this.
Seriously, that was a Tank Ending is the evillest sense of the term, Wendy! Everything was perfectly set up, and you even managed to include some hilarious lines in this dramatic section: there was Lois's thoughts about her carpet and Lex's disgust at the police car he would be driven in.
[snip]
Pure evil! Worse than evil! There has to be a stronger word than "evil", and it fits!
Thanks, Saskia and Kaethel! laugh I’m glad that you liked it.

Wow...nothing's like being one of the people who inspires a writer to ruin any person's good mood with a Tank-ending!

Anyway, thank you. I'm honoured
Pel, you are most welcome! After all the wonderful feedback you’ve been giving me, both here and in private email, it’s the least I can do. I’m glad you liked it!

Clearly the most evil part of this was robbing Kae, and the others of their chance to step into Lois' place with Clark. Now that's a true Tank ending.
ROFLMAO Tank! goofy

And it is interesting to see how many people were cheering at the TE... until you got to the ‘Clark dead’ stage. wink So you don’t like it quite so evil, do you? <g>

Oh, and Tank, just for you:

Insert somewhere in the scene where Lex is gloating over Lois’s dead body:

And that hair of hers. That silly cut - neither long nor short, it failed to reveal the woman’s doubtless shapely neck, but at the same time it wasn’t long enough to ripple and sway over her shoulders as she moved. It offended him.

He turned abruptly, marching into the kitchen. On the counter there was a block with several carving-knives in it. Seizing one, he returned to the corpse on the floor. He held one large hank of hair up and slashed at it with the knife, letting the ragged locks of hair fall to the floor.

He repeated the slashing of the Lane locks until the carpet around her body was littered with dark brown hair, some of it sticky with blood. Once Lane’s head resembled a sick-looking porcupine, Luthor was satisfied.

“They say a woman’s hair is her crowning glory,” he murmured, a smile twitching around his lips. “Crown that, Ms Lane!”
That do you?

Thanks for not lynching me, all of you!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, this clearly hasn't had the benefit of my usual expert BR service, so I'll just check it over...

Well, there seems to be a scene missing at the end, Wendy, so I'll just sketch something in and you can work on it as you see fit.

He really must find out, one of these days, just what the rock was, and if there was any more of it. Who knew - maybe it could be useful.

Back at Lois Lane's apartment, the door bell was ringing loudly.

Someone banged on the door. "Ms Lane, I've come to fix your computer!" It was a woman's voice, a low, alto sound with just a hint of a Scottish lilt.

The door swung open, much to the surprise of the computer technician. Apparently someone had left it open, and her robust knock had been enough to push it ajar.

She stepped hesitantly inside. "Ms Lane?"

A terrible scene greeted her. A woman, presumably Ms Lane, lay bloody and dead on the carpet. Close by, a man in a red cape, blue tights and red boots also lay motionless on the floor.

"Oh, my God!" she exclaimed. "Clark Kent!"

She rushed over to the man. He was barely breathing. Immediately, she realised there must be kryptonite nearby.

"Clark!" she cried, shaking his shoulder. "Wake up! You have to get out of here!"

He stirred slowly. "What...?" He pushed himself up on one elbow. "Who...who's that?" he gasped, indicating the dead woman.

"I think that must be Ms Lane."

"Who?" he said, frowning. "I...I don't seem to remember..."

Clearly, the kryptonite had affected his memory. The computer technician tugged at his shoulder. "Never mind," she urged. "You have to get out of here right now!"

"But..." He obviously didn't want to abandon the dead woman without calling the appropriate authorities.

"It's okay, this is a Mary-Sue fantasy so the normal rules of decent behaviour don't apply," explained the computer technician.

"Oh, okay," he breathed.

She hauled him to his feet, and together they staggered out of the apartment. Almost immediately, he recovered a little, and by the time they were outside on the street, he was
able to walk on his own.

"So are you Mary-Sue?" he asked curiously.

"Um...well, I guess you can call me that for now," she replied. "We'll think of something better once you sweep me off my feet and marry me."

He gave her a hug. Her legs almost turned to jelly as his strong arms wrapped around her, but she managed to remain standing as he murmured, "Thank you for rescuing me, Mary-Sue. I don't know about sweeping and marrying, but those beautiful dark eyes of yours certainly are beguiling."

"Why, thank you, Clark," said the computer technician, as they walked down the street and into the sunset which had miraculously appeared despite the fact that it was nearly midnight.

"And did I mention that I have a thing for tall women?" he added.

The computer technician looked fondly at him from her lofty almost-five-foot-eleven-ness. "No, and I bet you didn't know I have a thing for guys who moonlight in tights."

"Gosh, Mary-Sue. It looks like we were made for each other," he said.

"Yes, Clark."

He stopped walking and turned to her, taking her hands in his. "If this is a fantasy, do you think it would be okay if I kissed you right now even though I hardly know you?"

"Oh, I think that would be acceptable," she said airily.

He gathered her into his arms, and very soon the computer technician was the happiest woman in the entire world of Folcdom.

The End

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What can I say? ROFLMAO, Yvonne!!! goofy

And, of course, while you three are doing that... I'll just sneak in and rescue Clark myself. wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Previously on When Mary-Sue Met a Devastated Clark

"Gosh, Mary-Sue. It looks like we were made for each other," he said.

"Yes, Clark."

He stopped walking and turned to her, taking her hands in his. "If this is a fantasy, do you think it would be okay if I kissed you right now even though I hardly know you?"

"Oh, I think that would be acceptable," she said airily.

He gathered her into his arms, and very soon the computer technician was the happiest woman in the entire world of Folcdom...
... until their world crashed around them when Lex reappeared out of nowhere (El had dumped him for the resurrected Dr Tempus) and swept Mary-Sue off her feet. She promptly ended her relationship with Clark for the fast and furious adventure of living with such a clever and ingenious man. (Life with Clark, was, after all, pretty dull once you got used to the tights and red briefs.)

Clark was walking aimlessly around the streets of Metropolis, feeling dejected and lonely, when he ran into a red-haired woman (literally). He caught her just before she fell, and felt his spirits lift up immediately. They profusely apologised to each other for being so careless, and he realised that she spoke with a French accent. Immediately reminded of his travels, he invited her for coffee and they talked until the crack of dawn.

Clark realised that the girl (whose name was Marie-Sue - a weird coincidence, but the different spelling made him shrug away the memories of Mary-Sue) was someone he really liked (hey, this is a fantasy, I can dream, too), and so within a few months, they were married and lived happily ever after.

The end. jump

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

Top Banana
Top Banana
...until Clark remembered he really *did* have a thing for tall women and divorced Marie-Sue for a life of Scottish mayhem with Mary-Sue.

Y.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Fortunately, Marie-Sue bought high-heeled shoes and dragged Clark back home, where French mayhem ensued. evil

K. wink

- Is that what we are?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But then Elena persuaded Dr Tempus to go back in the past and save Lois from the evil Lex's bullet. Convinced by love of Elena that he really needed to separate Clark from the various Mary Sues and Marie-Sues who dominated his life, Tempus brought the very confused Lois Lane several weeks into the future, where she was reunited with the love of her life.

Tank Wilson and Lois Lane lived happily ever after. And Clark Kent found eternal happiness in the arms of a tall Irish university lecturer, who might not have brown eyes, but knew how to keep him happy. goofy

The End wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Methinks Dr Richards is confused. I would never send my love back to the past, not even for a very short time! And surely not in the company of that Lois Lane!!! razz

Mrs Tempus sloppy

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard