Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Aw man!!!! That's horrible!!!! I mean, it's not Clark's fault that Pete died; there was Kryptonite involved. And Lana was being an ungrateful little witch - he chauffeurs them around and then she doesn't want him to join them talking. Get your own d*** car then. [Sorry - that bit annoyed me wink ] And how small minded of her not to accept Clark for who he was as a potential love interest but to be more than willing to use him as her/their own personal ride.

Okay - back to Pete. Somehow, I get the feeling Pete wouldn't blame Clark if he knew about Kryptonite. I also get the impression that Lana does blame Clark. Obviously, he made it out and is okay and all, but... how?

My first thought had been that this was Pete and Lana's child, which is still possible I suppose even though Clark said Lana wasn't his mother - which she legally might not be if she signed away rights and stuff.

I'm slightly more understanding about Clark's attitude towards Jory if he thinks that everyone who knows about him [besides his parents] will die [kind of like Phoebe taking care of her teeth because every time she goes to the dentist someone dies - see I can relate just about anything to Friends wink ]. I still think that if Clark doesn't have a relationship with his son, he will regret it later. Is this why he thinks Jory will die? Not that he has some incurable childhood disease or anything but because Clark is 'cursed'? If so, the Clark is back to being less understood.

I was very glad to see that he slept with Jory on his chest for the rest of the night [that's not always very comfortable - though I'm not Kryptonian of course - after they're old enough to wiggle].

I still want to know why he wants to find Lana. Obviously, they have issues, but somehow she's important.

Other tidbits:
Clark doesn't cook. How odd wink .

Lois does. Even more odd laugh .

So - another part tonight? Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with Clark on top?

wink
Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
How horrible! No wonder Clark is all messed up. But he should have dealt with a lot of the pain and the guilt years ago. He shouldn't have left the wound to fester.

Like Lois, I don't quite understand the Lana part of the story yet. I also don't understand the Jory part of the story yet.

You said this was a short part, but you didn't mention how powerful it was. Spot on.

Elisabeth

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
(((Clark)))

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Blogger
Blogger
Holy cow! Did NOT see that coming... but you seriously have me hooked. dang. Ok so what is the deal with Lana? (not that I'm surprised that girl never comes off as a good person)

And Jory? Is he actually Clark's son? (ok the part about the baby pictures should tell the whole story but this IS Lois and Clark)

I love the fact that they have switched roles. He's the quiet introvert and she's the fun extrovert.

Keep 'em coming I can't wait for the next installment!! thumbsup

Hereā€¦poke that.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very powerful chapter. And I think you made the right decision in keeping it separate from the previous chapter. The story about Pete and Lana was heart-rending: Clark suddenly couldn't help the one person who knew about him and still accepted him for no good reason other than friendship. His parents are his parents, Lana is typically Lana, but Pete was a hero. He sacrificed himself to save another person, and if Clark could see that he'd understand part of the reason he helps people. It's because of Pete's example.

Lana is tied up with Jory. Maybe she let Clark "comfort" her after Pete died. Maybe Jory is Lana's child by some other man. Maybe Lana just convinced Clark that he's the father. Who knows what happened after Pete died?

But you're so evil! You saved the most horrifying part to the end! Clark can't cook? And Lois does cook something other than chocolate? (Unless she's going to make chocolate waffles.)

Next chapter, please? (I figure it can't hurt to ask, right?)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Columnist
Columnist
Wow. We really get to see some of Clark's past here. Very sad stuff.

And Jory is so cute. I'm dying to know more about him.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, let me start off by taking back my suggestion that this Lana might be a cloning expert who would be interested in making a clone of Clark. Not hardly!!!

Like the others said, poor, poor Clark. And like Terry pointed out, yes, indeed, Pete Ross's influence is certainly a reason for why Clark has agreed to try to be a hero at all.

We still don't understand what part Lana has played Clark's past. Why is he so angry at her, and how and why would she be able to save Jory?

(And who is Jory anyway? Who is his mother? I find it so hard to believe that it could be Lana, but then again, maybe, maybe...)

I just loved being told that Clark couldn't make anything but oatmeal, but Lois could certainly cook! rotflol

And just because of that, I expect Lois to be staying at Clark's place quite often in the future, to babysit Jory at night and to make sure he gets a proper breakfast in the morning! laugh

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I wanted to echo the vote that this section deserved its own post.

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now, officially love and respect both your characters (L&C), yeah Clark too!, and ofcourse Jory is adorable.

thumbsup notworthy

The mystery deepens.... who is this Lana anyway? And if she can't help Jory, then she better stay hidden away from this story (j/k) wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard