Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Maybe, but since such stories don't have a good ending, I'm not going to write them. I don't like stories that end up with people being miserable.

Besides, maybe Marcy got someone else the last time around since Ryan married her for the first time in his 60s. If you remember, Lori and Marcy are the descendants of Lucy Lane.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Finally moving past Kerth stuff enough to catch this. Sweet premise with a lovely title. (Does the earth even reflect the sun's light? I've never thought about it.) I'm pretty sure I missed Circle of Fate, so I just may have to rectify that.

Elisabeth

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
<quote>Does the earth even reflect the sun's light? I've never thought about it.

Actually, Earth's reflectivity (albedo) is a little more than three times that of the Moon. See this link for an explanation. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hbase/phyopt/albedo.html

Nan

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
On the great supporting structures huge lights, now unlit, would come on when the Moon passed behind the Earth, depriving the city of sunlight.
As long as astronomical questions are fair game, what you're describing is a lunar eclipse, which happens every few years.

However, the city would be deprived of sunlight for two weeks of every month just by the rotation of the moon. The moon does not rotate with respect to the Earth, but it does with respect to the Sun. That's why we have new moon, quarter moon, full moon, etc. It's not the Earth getting in the way, it's the body of the moon itself.

As you point out, though, the Earth is always in the sky and would be bright when the Sun is not in the sky.

I don't usually enjoy stories without Lois (even though Lori is kinda-Lois), but your stories are always great, and this one looks to be no exception! smile

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Touche <g>. My only defense is not wishing to get into too deep an explanation of the physics of the situation. However, I think I can revise it to explain a little more clearly without getting too textbook-y.

Nan

Kerth
Kerth
I just noticed something while looking at the Kent family tree:
1) Little Mary Lucille is written in black.
Shouldn't she be written in red - with a blue asterisk?
2) Don't Marcy and Ryan have a second child (a boy?) who will turn out super, too? Maybe even a telepath? I remember something about that pregnancy...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
2) Don't Marcy and Ryan have a second child (a boy?) who will turn out super, too? Maybe even a telepath? I remember something about that pregnancy...
1. Mary Lucille is in black because she was just born when I updated the chart and there was no way to know if she was super or had telepathy. Nan didn't mention any gene testing on her. The assumption would be that she probably is super, being at the same genetic level as CJ, Ann, Jon and Lara. But we don't really know yet.
2. Nan did mention in a story that Robbie was developing powers and telepathy. I sort of remember something about Marcy having another baby too, but I don't have a name or other info.
Over to Nan.
I've updated the chart, but will wait for more of the story before reposting it. It is a fair amount of work to rescan it. (For the nerd herd out there, if you simply save it as a .jpg, the resolution is a lot less than I can get with a scan and enhancing on software.)
The reason Robert Bernard Klein was on the chart was that Nan told me a long time ago that he was a human telepath, even though he had never appeared in a story until now.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Mary Lucille is half Kryptonian and will have all Clark's powers as well as the telepathy.

All we know about Marcy and Ryan's second baby is that it is on the way. By the time of Murder by Earthlight she's had it but we don't know what it is, yet.

Info on Eclipse. He is Zebadiah Kent, younger brother of Jonas Kent. He is married to Mariah Tillman and has three children: Wilson, Harris and Mercedes. Wilson has telepathy, Mercedes has super powers without telepathy, and Harris has both.

That's all I can tell you about the additions to the family tree so far.

Nan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Got it. Thanks, Nan
Artemis

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nan, I just wanted to make sure I was clear on my assumptions: because Clark is a full Kryptonian and the genes controlling telepathy and superpowers are dominant, any child he has will be superpowered and telepathic, right?

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
That's correct.

Nan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm. Jon Kent doesn't have telepathy according to my chart. Did I miss something or was it supposed to be that way? The chart is ready to post except for clarification there. The delay was due to the fact that my hard drive had to be wiped due to corrupted OS and I had to reinstall FTP and had password trouble. Thanks to Zoomway's kindness, it all worked out.
Thanks
Artemis

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I think there must have been an accidental omission when you transferred the chart, because Jon Kent does have telepathy. Being one of Clark's children, he inherits the entire range of super powers. Note that some of his descendants have the telepathy and they couldn't have inherited it if he didn't have it, since it is a dominant trait.

When you update the chart, just add the asterisk and that will fix it.

Nan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, I just checked my older files and it was there then. I just missed it when I made the auction poster.
As soon as Tiger wins, I'll scan and post.
cool
Artemis

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Home. hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Artemis:
1. Mary Lucille is in black because she was just born when I updated the chart and there was no way to know if she was super or had telepathy. Nan didn't mention any gene testing on her. The assumption would be that she probably is super, being at the same genetic level as CJ, Ann, Jon and Lara. But we don't really know yet.
2. Nan did mention in a story that Robbie was developing powers and telepathy. I sort of remember something about Marcy having another baby too, but I don't have a name or other info.
Over to Nan.
cool
Artemis
2. Well, as far as I remember, Marcy was developing the appetite of a non-super woman pregnant with a super child, so I thought this might be an indicator of someone super in the making. wink But maybe I'm dead wrong here.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Lara:
2. Well, as far as I remember, Marcy was developing the appetite of a non-super woman pregnant with a super child, so I thought this might be an indicator of someone super in the making. [Wink] But maybe I'm dead wrong here.
No, you're right. But I make no assumptions. Nan is the Captain of this boat and I'm only the XO (Executive Officer). I do nothing until she tells me it is so. And so now I can. For convenience:
REMEMBER TO REFRESH!!!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

cool
Artemis

Kerth
Kerth
/me peeks in

Ahem, the asterisk for Mike Kent (on the left hand side at the bottom of the first part of the chart) is red...

/me hides in shame for being so... well, whatever.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So it is. Thanks for noticing. I don't have a beta reader. smile
cool
Artemis

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's fixed.
cool
Artemis