Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Great part. Poor little kid flying across universe and ending up with a self proscribed domestic wreck. Not to say Lois doesn't have motherly inctincts. But Lois raising Superman? He wouldn't hesitate to break into anywhere.

As for the end, Whoa. Just think of it, "Hey, Mom." "Hi Clark." "Well, Mom, I had a surprise when I got to work today." "What?" "Lois knows I'm Superman." "How did she find out?" "I told her." "How is it a surprise, then?" "Well, that's part of the other surprise..."

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Mercy, this is an interesting story so far. But you've set up an unresolvable contradiction with Clark meeting little Kal. How could Clark meet himself at age four and not have it deeply impact his life? And wouldn't that give young Clark more information about his future than he's supposed to have, assuming he remembers and understands much of it? He seems to be a very smart and very perceptive boy.

Unless, of course, we've got two different timelines going on. Or unless little Kal is destined to go back to Kansas just an instant after Tempus grabbed him, and because he wasn't gone very long Jonathan and Martha didn't realize he'd taken such an interesting trip.

And that could set up the reason Clark fell in love with Lois as soon as he saw her. He'd already met her and learned how wonderful her heart really was, because she'd taken such good care of him when he was only four.

I wonder what Lois will tell Henderson. And I wonder if Tempus knows it was Lois who clocked him, and I also wonder just how badly he's hurt. Luthor's in a coma, and Tempus probably has a pretty serious concussion, an injury which may be exacerbated by time travel. He could have a seizure at any moment. What a loss that would be!

I'm looking forward to the next part, Mercy. And I plan to read it as soon as I see it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Columnist
Columnist
I am curious myself how Clark is going to react to Kal. Funny how Kal knows he is Clark.

Looking forward to more

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Luther and coma in the same sentence. party
And Tempus probably enjoyed having a violent experience. Ok, maybe not since he was on the receiving end laugh

You Lois. Me Clark. lol

Good stuff.

Through, I doubt Kal-El meant the he is Clark with that last sentence.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh, I think that's exactly what he meant. evil

Oh, and hey, author! It's mah birthday and I demand more The Kid! wildguy

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Me too. I thought you'd pretty much finished this. No excuses for tardiness. wink

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yup. I am pretty intrigued by this piece of fiction myself. This has so much potential for what I love most about LnC: revelation angst, drama and so on.
(I even do like humorous and funny revelation takes, so...)

... please do not forget about us and keep feeding us these well written little pieces.

~Sira.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Eep! Sorry, I thought I'd left feedback for this chapter already.

Loved it. Young Kal-El is so cute and the ending of this chapter was a great cliffhanger. How long before the great mind of Lois Lane puts things together when a 4-year old Kal-El starts referring to himself as "Clark"? The lunkhead is in serious trouble now.

BJ

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part. Poor little kid flying across universe and ending up with a self proscribed domestic wreck. Not to say Lois doesn't have motherly inctincts. But Lois raising Superman? He wouldn't hesitate to break into anywhere.
He he--you know, I think you're right.

Mercy, this is an interesting story so far. But you've set up an unresolvable contradiction with Clark meeting little Kal. How could Clark meet himself at age four and not have it deeply impact his life? And wouldn't that give young Clark more information about his future than he's supposed to have, assuming he remembers and understands much of it? He seems to be a very smart and very perceptive boy.
You're right. There's bound to be consequences for little Clark turning up in the future. Lois begins to question what they may be in the next part, and that's one of the themes that gets explored more later on.

I am curious myself how Clark is going to react to Kal. Funny how Kal knows he is Clark.
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to run into younger me or older me. At what age would I really realize it was me? Would I recognize myself as an old woman? As a little kid? What would younger me think of 'now' me? I think these ponderings definitely fueled my motivation for writing this story.

Luther and coma in the same sentence.
Yeah, I've been wanting to give 'im a good whack for a while. Yay for finally getting the chance!

And Tempus probably enjoyed having a violent experience. Ok, maybe not since he was on the receiving end
I suppose that wasn't quite what he bargained for when he sought to destroy Utopia. evil

Oh, and hey, author! It's mah birthday and I demand more The Kid!
Happy belated birthday!! party And part 4 is up!

Me too. I thought you'd pretty much finished this. No excuses for tardiness.
*ducks head in shame*

Yup. I am pretty intrigued by this piece of fiction myself. This has so much potential for what I love most about LnC: revelation angst, drama and so on.
(I even do like humorous and funny revelation takes, so...)
Glad you like it!

Loved it. Young Kal-El is so cute and the ending of this chapter was a great cliffhanger. How long before the great mind of Lois Lane puts things together when a 4-year old Kal-El starts referring to himself as "Clark"? The lunkhead is in serious trouble now.
Yeah he is! I think both Lois and Clark are in for some shockers. devil

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard