Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49000 01/08/08 07:40 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Just me starting another Honesty FDK thread. Don't worry Beth, I haven't read it yet... devil

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#49001 01/08/08 07:48 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I just saw this when I refreshed the page and I was like "Wow, only 10 minutes after I posted?" But it makes sense now that I see you just started the thread before you read it.

#49002 01/08/08 07:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I've read it... whoa. Lots of anger and frustration to go around. Nice of Jon not to leave Kaylie abandoned on that island. She didn't seem too worried about the possibility, either -- residual trust?

Speaking of which. He found all that out about her from Google???? eek Dang, I knew it was good, but that sort of thing ought to be classified... then again, maybe he's acquainted with Chloe Sullivan. laugh

Um, anyway... I want to read more but, just for once, not right away. There's a lot to digest in this post. So I guess a week's wait will be okay.

Good luck with the school/writing thing. It ain't easy to balance that out.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#49003 01/08/08 08:21 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow, only 10 minutes after I posted?
Erm, no, I don't read that fast! goofy

Hmmm, I knew a Leigh Watson when I was little - classmate, not friend - but she was alright, as I recall...

*Beth let's out a shaky breath she didn't realise she'd been holding* wink

The ride was bumpier than usual
The superhero way of illustrating a point?

Oh what a tangled web we weave... And then it's Dad to the rescue! I was wondering how she'd get home after that blowout. Sage advice he gave too, but then hindsight is 20/20.

Well done, as always.
thumbsup

(The new year's resolution remains in tact - well, at least as far as this story is concerned.)

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#49004 01/08/08 10:33 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Instead he was digging a trench in the sand. No matter. I still had to keep talking. [...]Jor dug deeper in the ground and brought out a briefcase, which he opened and pulled a small stack of papers out of.
I definitely didn't see that one coming. Ingenious.

And how you managed to Jor in right next the Kaylie. You are quite evil. And yet, I guess it's a good thing, for both of them being hurt. No good guy, bad guy problems.

Oh, and of course: Meet the Dad smile1

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#49005 01/08/08 04:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think I'm too tired to say anything besides great part, but it did rock. Mannn. Okay maybe Kaylie should have thrown him a bone at some point but for Jor to slap an NIA file into the mix, there's officially plenty of blame to go around. :p And an aww and a yay to Superman for being able to step in. He's a good dad. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#49006 01/08/08 06:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! This is emotioanly charged. Nice job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#49007 01/09/08 01:28 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Oh, I love a good fight this chapter is good.

You’re as familiar with a gun as CEO is with a Blackberry.
clap

#49008 01/09/08 02:27 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Ouch! Lots of pain in this chapter. Jor did pretty much exactly what I hoped he wouldn't do. *sigh* Part of me hopes we will be back to waffiness next chapter, but most of me knows they've still got more to work on. Either way, I'll be looking forward to it. smile

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#49009 01/09/08 04:07 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
This was wonderful. While they were fighting I wondered if another superhero would come to take her home - though I wasn't sure which one. Clark works smile . Good thing Lois did that interview and not him wink .

Why don't I remember them meeting on the street? /me may have to go reread it all later *sigh* Have to read for school first... Maybe for a break...

More? Now?
Carol

#49010 01/09/08 09:28 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Another great chapter to an intriguing story! And, although the circumstances are somewhat less than perfect, Kaylie by now knows the whole family... (Even if she doesn't know it yet.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#49011 01/09/08 10:40 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Wow, thanks everyone for all the feedback!

PJ:
Nice of Jon not to leave Kaylie abandoned on that island. She didn't seem too worried about the possibility, either -- residual trust?
I see it as a combination of that, and also that she's too upset to really be thinking about getting home at the moment. After all, when Clark appeared and she thought he was Jon at first, she told him to go away. Either way, I think it was probably a good thing that Clark came to pick her up because otherwise it would be a very unplesant ride home!

gr8shades, I have to admit I was crossing my fingers when I posted this. After all there's not only one new name, but three, technically. Now that I passed through unscathed, I can relax. Whew!

Michael:
And yet, I guess it's a good thing, for both of them being hurt. No good guy, bad guy problems.
Yes, they both definitely screwed up! And I think it really changes from person to person who you're naturally going to side with. But here's a question for you: Who do you think should make the first move to apologize?

I think I'm too tired to say anything besides great part, but it did rock
Thanks JD! Hope you got to catch up on your z's!

Laura:

This is emotioanly charged.
Yep. Lots of pent up emotion on Kaylie's part, and lots of past history on Jon's. I think someone before predicted an explosion? Well, this is it.

dedecasale:

Oh, I love a good fight
Me too! I have to say that I love writing fights more than waff. Something about letting my characters scream at each other for a few pages makes me happy somehow...

Lisa:

Jor did pretty much exactly what I hoped he wouldn't do.
Geez, what is wrong with these characters? You'd think they would learn to behave by now!

Carol:

Why don't I remember them meeting on the street?
I don't remember exactly what part # it is, but Jon spilled coffee on Kaylie, and after she confronted him, she drew a picture of him with his glasses and everything and then threw it in the fire. Does that help to ring any bells?

Lara, thanks for commenting! I don't know you were reading this!

#49012 01/09/08 10:51 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
*sigh * No. But my remember-y isn't what it used to be - too many pregnancy hormones this century have scrambled my neurons or something. I am putting it on my to reread list [but at the moment I'm rereading Imbalance by Phil/Tarkas and Wendy which has never made it to the archive [why is that?] but I remember not reading the end of it... So chapter in book for school, two parts of Imbalance, chapter in book... at this rate it'll be Spring before I'm done because there are well over 60 parts to Imbalance after all... and for those of you haven't read it because it's not on the archive... RUN to the Index smile ]

Carol [who hates that things like real life get in the way of all the fun]

#49013 01/09/08 11:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Beth S.:
Michael:
And yet, I guess it's a good thing, for both of them being hurt. No good guy, bad guy problems.
Yes, they both definitely screwed up! And I think it really changes from person to person who you're naturally going to side with. But here's a question for you: Who do you think should make the first move to apologize?
Great. But good training laugh (Mine could easily develop to have a similar conundrum smile )

Anyway, back to the question. Didn't Perry tell Clark one day that it doesn't matter who was right. Clark should just buy flowers and chocolate and apologize? But seriously, Jon did overreact a bit, all things considered. He should have learned a lot from his parents history. About secrets, about hurt. They did tell him their history, didn't they? But his name is Supernova after all smile

Michael

PS
Originally posted by carolm:
I'm rereading Imbalance by Phil/Tarkas and Wendy which has never made it to the archive [why is that?] [...] there are well over 60 parts to Imbalance after all... and for those of you haven't read it because it's not on the archive... RUN to the Index smile
*RUNS* Found it
66 chapters and unfinished?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#49014 01/09/08 11:39 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Darth_Michael:

66 chapters and unfinished?
ARGH! I looked at the top of part 66 and it says: "Writer's block is a terrible thing -- especially when it's only a minor detail that's holding you up! [Frown] Anyway, inspiration finally struck [Thumbsup] and here's the latest chapter..."

And I read that as *last* chapter... *sigh* I knew there was a reason why I didn't remember finishing it [see that remember-y thing again]. Maybe Phil and/or Wendy have the [unposted] end languishing on a harddrive somewhere...

Carol [who still loves Honesty wink ]

#49015 01/09/08 05:10 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Who do you think should make the first move to apologize?
Not this will come as any surpise to you, Beth, but I am definitely all for Jon apologizing first. I mean he unfairly didn't give Kaylie a chance to explain, even knowing she was planning to come clean and then he abandoned her on a deserted island.

A few chapters ago, I would have said that there's almost nothing you could do to make me feel like Kaylie got her due for not letting Jon know she had a secret. But it turns out that wasn't true. This is it.

Still, though, while a big fan of waffiness, the fight was great. It was good to see Jon and Kaylie getting very "real" with each other.

And I'm so glad to see all the positive reviews. Hopefully it makes the multiple versions seem worth it?

#49016 01/09/08 06:30 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I can see Jon's side of this argument. I mean, she kept a huge secret from him! And the NIA doesn't exactly have a chummy history with Superman. Jon's reaction to Kaylie's secret is understandable.

But I don't think it's reasonable. After all, she'd just told him that she had a BIG SECRET! she needed to tell him. And just because Amanda didn't understand, that doesn't mean Kaylie won't. Plus, it's not like he's trusted her with his biggest secret yet. He needs to be the first one to apologize.

As I write this, I'm listening to Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me," which is one of the most melancholy love songs I've ever heard. It's full of despair and pieces of torn hearts and unfulfilled expectations and broken relationships and it's almost painful to listen to, especially when writing feedback to this chapter of this particular story.

Jon! Go to Kaylie and tell her the eight magic words! Here they are: "I was wrong. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." If you can't say them, you don't love her enough. And you're the one who punted the pooch this time, boy.

What are you waiting for? Move it, you second-generation lunkhead!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#49017 01/10/08 08:12 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Not this will come as any surpise to you, Beth, but I am definitely all for Jon apologizing first
What? Really? I wouldn't have guessed! What with all the anti-Jon comments you left when you edited. But thanks again for reading through so many versions of this chapter to get to the right one. You'll notice that I decided to bow to your infinite wisedom, and went with the version you liked best.

Terry:

s I write this, I'm listening to Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me," which is one of the most melancholy love songs I've ever heard. It's full of despair and pieces of torn hearts and unfulfilled expectations and broken relationships and it's almost painful to listen to, especially when writing feedback to this chapter of this particular story.
I don't think I've heard the song, but I imagine it would make you a little pessimistic in regards to happy couples. But although I like writing angry fights, I also like happy endings.

#49018 01/10/08 08:31 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
peep Hi, I just thought I'd crawl out from under the rock I've adopted for the next couple of weeks...

Thoughts on this part: Jon is an even bigger lunkhead than his father! His reaction, however ill-advised, is understandable but leaving Kaylie on an island somewhere and sending his dad to pick her up - come on! :rolleyes:

(Alisha crawls back under her rock...)

#49019 01/12/08 11:11 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Hey Alisha, thanks for the feedback!

But you do realize that this allows me to bug you for a new part of Specimen, right?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard