Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48199 11/18/07 11:37 AM
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Yay! I'm the first person to give FDK on this great story!

I just wanted to say that I love where you're taking this. I really like the pacing so far. I don't feel like I'm hanging around waiting for things to happen, yet at the same time you've given lots of good character moments.

But I can't wait for Clark to meet Lois! Will he even like her at first, or will she just come off as a person looking for a story? And how will Clark adjust to living in a normal life? So far he hasn't been given a lot of freedom at Luthor's, but when he does leave (whenever that happens) it will be a huge adjustment for him.

I also liked the part with Martha. She suspects something, that's for sure. I'm hoping to see more of her and Jonathan in the future.

Anyway, I love this story so far. You've got me very interested.

#48200 11/18/07 02:14 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
hmmm i reckon it should be the opposite...lois falls in love with clark straight away, but because clark has been 'out of the world' for his whole life, he know nothing about relationships, love, that sort of thing...

Perhaps its a job for Lois Lane to bring him back to reality. love

Lois: Clark, you don't have to be embarrassed. That's what friends are for. Just tell me how much.
Clark: Lois, I want you to go out with me!
#48201 11/18/07 02:21 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yeah, a meeting between M&J and Clark later on, with them not knowing each other barely at all.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#48202 11/18/07 05:14 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Damn! I just tried to post some FDK, but it didn't get posted!!! wallbash

I just want to say that this is a great premise! I love your smart Lois, who sees thorugh Luthor's facade and realises that he is holding Clark. Please let Lois free Clark!! Please?

I also want to see what part Martha and Jonathan are going to play here.

Okay, I don't have time for more. but now I just hope that this FDK gets posted!!!

Oh, and... if I didn't say it, I love this story!

Ann

#48203 11/22/07 09:18 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Yay, feedback!

Hi Beth:
I really like the pacing so far. I don't feel like I'm hanging around waiting for things to happen, yet at the same time you've given lots of good character moments.
In some ways, I'm a terrible writer. I tend to miss bits out of stories (sometimes whole sentences - my mind moves faster than my fingers!). I can't seem to write filler scenes to make the time flow properly. The whole story as it is on my hard-drive seems to take a lot less time than it did in my head when I first came up with the plot. Still, so long as it works!

Hi emma:
hmmm i reckon it should be the opposite...lois falls in love with clark straight away, but because clark has been 'out of the world' for his whole life, he know nothing about relationships, love, that sort of thing...
Hi woody:
Yeah, a meeting between M&J and Clark later on, with them not knowing each other barely at all.
Hi Ann:
Please let Lois free Clark!! Please?
I'm not saying a word...

Part 3 should be up in a couple of days.

#48204 11/22/07 08:47 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Just to drop you a note that I'm still reading and enjoying! I can't wait for the next part!

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#48205 11/24/07 07:52 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Thanks alcyone. That's all I need to know! smile

#48206 12/06/07 12:52 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Klein certainly is bold, prancing into the Daily Planet building like that. I know that Star Labs burned, apparently too much for it to be worked in. Still, I worry about him.

I like Asabi's description of Clark: calm, but stubborn. Still a great story.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard