OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#48159 11/17/07 08:05 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whoa. That was a sneaky revelation. Telling some story. Lots of parallels. Lois got to realize what he is taking about. Coming strait out in the end. clap

And of course, there was a bug in the car. There had to be. But since Clark could hear any bugs around, we are safe, right?

Aren't there a lot of accidents around nowadays? Lana crossing a street during rush hour. Lana trying parachuting. Lana cleaning her guns.

Oh, yeah, and was there a proposal hidden in there, somewhere? is she going to tell her daughter that daddy and mommy are together now?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#48160 11/17/07 08:20 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, what a revelation! Although I did think Lois was a bit slow on the uptake. She should have figured out the truth the moment Clark said this:

“We're compatible,” Clark said, looking suddenly embarrassed.

Lois found herself gaping.

“Biologically. It wouldn't be easy, and it wouldn't necessarily work at all. But of all the people in the world, you are one of the vanishingly small percentage with whom I might have a chance at having another child.”
Lois is Clark's only chance at having another child! Another child! Lois should have figured out that he already has one - and that that child is Lisa! It took her long enough to understand the situation.

I loved this:

“When I was seventeen, I met someone. She was amazing. Fire and passion, no fear. I thought she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. When she kissed me, I thought I was going to die.”

“She came to me recently,” Clark said. “She'd tracked me down. She brought her daughter with her…the most wonderful child I'd ever seen.”
I love that he called Lisa the most wonderful child he'd ever seen. I remember a few chapters back when Lisa discovered that her father had wanted children. She wondered if she was the child he would have wanted.

“Then why are you still making all this fuss about Lisa?” Lois asked. “You should be reaching out to your own daughter, trying to be part of HER life. And this other, perfect woman? You should be bringing her into your house instead of me.

“I want to acknowledge Lisa as my daughter and make her my heir because….she IS my biological daughter.”
Okay, he finally made it so clear that even Lois couldn't miss it!

“I asked her not to tell you,” Clark said, looking embarrassed.

“Why?” she asked, a hint of anger appearing in her voice. “Did you think I was going to run to the tabloids? Lisa has just as much to lose in this as you do.”

“I…I wanted you to get to know me for who I am,” Clark said. “I was afraid that Superman would confuse things.”
Right. No wonder you had to lie to her. :rolleyes:

“I haven't been the nicest person,” Clark said. “Some of that was the red poison, but I can't blame it all on that. I'd hoped…If you got to know me for who I am and if you still liked me a little that all of this would go a little easier.”

“This? What is this?” Lois asked.

“I want to claim Lisa as my biological child, and I want the two of you to move in with me permanently.”
He is proposing? Sort of proposing anyway? Yay!!!

She felt cold and numb. All that was left was to put her plan in motion. When this was all done, she'd have a child of her own, and Clark would lose everything, including his life.
Lana thinks she is going to be able to claim Lisa as her own child??? (And kill Clark?) eek

Gaaaahh!!! Please come back soon with more, Shayne!!

Ann

#48161 11/17/07 08:53 AM
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
whoa,I can picture Clark's posture in his revelation. When he heard Lois' exit strategy, he was astonished and desperte to grasp a litte chance. thumbsup

I'm afraid what she will do.

I hope for next story very soon.

(I'm sorry. My English is not good. thud )

#48162 11/17/07 11:28 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Shayne! You're just too good to me! I mean another part?

“Go home?” Clark asked. “Why are you asking about that now?”
So, Lois snatched Clark out of his distraction. I knew it! I knew Lois and Lisa would not be leaving! At least, I knew that Clark would do whatever possible to keep them there with him. Even if it meant *revelation*.
“Thinking of moving to Calcutta?” Clark asked. “I’ve been there. I’d advise against it.”
Clark is showing Lois a softer side, a side that he obviously does not show to many people.
Lois was talking about herself as much as Lisa. Unlike Lisa, she was old enough to realize that fairy tales generally didn’t come true. Wealthy people tended to marry other wealthy people. While Clark hadn’t always been wealthy, he’d slid seamlessly into the role.
So, Lois had considered what it would be like to be married to Clark.
“We just need to start talking about an exit strategy.”

Clark closed his eyes for a moment. “What if I don’t want to?”

“What? Talk about it? We could wait, I suppose, but it’s going to come up eventually.”

“What if I don’t want her to leave?”

Lois frowned. For some reason, her heart was beginning to pound in her chest.
I think that deep down inside, Lois wanted Clark to ask them to stay. She didn't really seem to be too concerned about Kal El. She only really cared what Clark thought about her if she were being honest with herself.
“Lisa already has parents,” she said frostily. “We did just fine without anybody.”

“If I claimed her as my own, she could receive all the things she deserves,” Clark says. “She could get an education at a college of her choice. Kal El could visit her without anybody questioning the relationship.”

“How do you think Kal would feel about this, your taking over his role as a father.”

“We’re quite close,” Clark said. “I don’t think it would bother him at all.”

“And me?” Lois said. “If I agreed to this farce? What happens when my idea of parenting doesn’t match yours?”

She’d heard of too many cases of poor mothers who lost custody of their children to richer spouses. Although there was a streak of altruism in Clark Kent that impressed her, there was also a grim determination to get what he wanted.

“I’d defer to you, of course.” Clark said. “It’d be an arrangement on paper, but Lisa would know who her real father was.”
This was Clark's last resort short of a revelation to keep Lois and Lisa there. He's trying not to use his trump card but he's gonna have to pull it out.
“Why?” Clark said. “Why go to all the effort to leave?”

“Lisa loves this place,” Lois said, not adding that she did too. “But she’s going to have to make her own way in life. She can’t go depending on the kindness of strangers.”

“”I’m no stranger,” Clark said.

“Not now,” Lois said. “But what happens when you get married again, and the new wife doesn’t want Lisa?”

His eyes glittered. “That won’t happen.”

“What, you won’t marry again, or you won’t marry anyone who doesn’t like Lisa?”

“Maybe both,” he said.

“Adopting someone else’s child as your own…that’s something huge.”
So, is Clark doubtful of marriage again because he thinks that once Lois finds out about him, she'll hate him, too...for lying to her?

TOC said...
Although I did think Lois was a bit slow on the uptake. She should have figured out the truth the moment Clark said this:

“We’re compatible,” Clark said, looking suddenly embarrassed.

“Biologically. It wouldn’t be easy, and it wouldn’t necessarily work at all. But of all the people in the world, you are one of the vanishingly small percentage with whom I might have a chance at having another child.”
I think had Lois been in reporter mode she would have picked up on
“I’m not likely to ever have any other children of my own,”
*Any other*, as in he already has one or more.
“When I was seventeen, I met someone. She was amazing. Fire and passion, no fear. I thought she was the most beautiful girl I’d ever seen. When she kissed me, I thought I was going to die.”

Lois frowned. If Clark and Superman had been friends even back when she’d first met Kal, Clark might have been there the night they’d conceived Lisa. She vaguely remembered that he’d come with a group of other boys.

“I thought I was in love,” Clark said. “But I wasn’t in my right mind; I was intoxicated on something and the next morning I couldn’t remember where I’d left her.”

It sounded like a mirror image of her own story, Lois thought. She’d given up drinking entirely after that night; it had no place in her life as a mother, and given her mother’s history of alcoholism…it was scary.

“So how do you know you have a child?” Lois asked quietly. “You said it was a pretty slim shot even with someone who was compatible.”

“She came to me recently,” Clark said. “She’d tracked me down. She brought her daughter with her…the most wonderful child I’d ever seen.”

“Then why are you still making all this fuss about Lisa?” Lois asked. “You should be reaching out to your own daughter, trying to be part of HER life. And this other, perfect woman? You should be bringing her into your house instead of me.

“I want to acknowledge Lisa as my daughter and make her my heir because….she IS my biological daughter.”
FINALLY! *REVELATION*!

Gosh, Lois...you're being so dense, so there. Clark finally had to spell it out for you.

Poor Lois thought that Clark was just using her for possible breeding. He has all but said instead, that he is in love with her and wants to marry her--and have more children. It's not just a smoke screen.
“Lisa knew.” Lois said, her mind racing.

Lisa had been cold and standoffish toward Clark until the incident with the glasses, but afterwards she’d been overly affectionate and sweet.

“I asked her not to tell you,” Clark said, looking embarrassed.

“Why?” she asked, a hint of anger appearing in her voice. “Did you think I was going to run to the tabloids? Lisa has just as much to lose in this as you do.”

“I…I wanted you to get to know me for who I am,” Clark said. “I was afraid that Superman would confuse things.”
I hope that Lois doesn't get too mad at Lisa. She's already sort of jealous that Lisa and Clark...Kal El...are so close as it is.
“This? What is this?” Lois asked.

“I want to claim Lisa as my biological child, and I want the two of you to move in with me permanently.”
Proposal? At the best that Clark knows how to do at this point?

OMG, and Lana has heard all of this. What does she hate Clark for so much? She married another wealthy man!

Does this have anything to do with Clark asking Lois to keep her voice down earlier?

Shayne, awesome! You've gotta get back, and soon! Loved it, loved it, loved it!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#48163 11/17/07 12:43 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Been to Calcutta (now: Kolkata) myself and totally agree with Clark's sentiment. wink Miss the Bengali sweets though..

My favorite lines:
“We’re compatible,” Clark said, looking suddenly embarrassed.

Loved the fumbling revelation smile Also Lois' denseness (not figuring out Clark's connection to Lisa straight-away) and Lois' quick brain (figuring out in one shot Lisa already knew) totally worked for me... goes to show her upheaval of emotions, confusions and the depth of her feelings / longing for Clark.

Last but not the least... I'm so glad the unhappy scheming Lana broke her wine glass and got hurt :p

Not very sure how she's going to get a child of her own (Lisa??)... but looking forward to next parts... thumbsup thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#48164 11/17/07 05:00 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very nice, Shayne. Clark fessed up. Lois knows that Lisa knows. But none of them know that Lana knows. And I think Lana may be one of the most chillingly evil villains we've seen on the boards for a long time. I hope she gets whacked in some very convincing and spectacular fashion! After, of course, she comes within an inch of destroying everything Clark and Lois and Lisa are fumbling their way towards.

Wish I could write just like that. But who'd want me to be a Shayne clone?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard