Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I am trying to improve my French so I am going to try to translate this part into English and will post the translation if the author approves it. If anyone wants to help, please let me know!

[Just changing the post header to reflect the new title of the story, so that readers can find all the parts/fdk easily. - LabRat]

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, Choucky - welcome to the boards! Good to see you posting here.

You may be interested to know that as well as posting your story here, you can submit it to the Fanfic Archive in its original French form, as well as in English, should you get it translated.

We'd upload the French version to our SIOL (Stories In Other Languages) Section:

SIOL

It'll be very welcome there, if you want to submit it. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent début d'histoire -- j'ai hâte de lire la suite. smile

(and cookiesmom, if you need help with translations, I'm here!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Choucky,
c'est excellent!! J'attend la deuxième part.

Blogger
Blogger
Merci pour vos encouragements, et merci aux traducteurs. J'ai déjà lu le travail de Cookiemom, et elle est trop dure avec elle-même : elle est excellente !
Labrat, thanks for telling me that I can post on the archive in french. I'll do it when I complete my story.
I'll post the next part today, heure française !(It' actually quater past 8 am...) : smile

Que serais-je sans toi qui vins à ma rencontre ...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Good luck to you all....
I know first hand (well, second hand really) the perils of translation....
my grandfather is a published translator of poetry, (and apparently according to a lot of circles, he is quite a famous one at that, even with his own Wikepoedia page, but I am not going to mention him because it is irrelevant to this forums...)

not that any of it was my work, but I have lived the dramas of attempting to perfect the translations....

and I have also just recently completed an essay were huge debates went on in the Catholic Church (which officially finished in the 17thC) resulting from a third Century BC MISTRANSLATION from Hebrew to Greek... all starting from the Septuagint Refer to the paragraph Abortion: Always a serious sin

Good luck, I certainly wish that my French was p to the task, but unfortunately.... n'est pas, mon Lingue de la Francais c'est tres mal...

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Salut!

Je viens de lire ton deuxième partie et je l'ai trouvé superbe. S'il te plait, continue avec ton histoire.

Merci beaucoup.

smile1

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Bienvenue, Choucky!

Bon debut. smile Je suis bien intrigue.

Jackie (qui n'a pas de clavier Francais)

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard