Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: cookiesmom FDK: Mon fils, mon sauveur 1/? - 10/29/07 02:07 PM
I am trying to improve my French so I am going to try to translate this part into English and will post the translation if the author approves it. If anyone wants to help, please let me know!

[Just changing the post header to reflect the new title of the story, so that readers can find all the parts/fdk easily. - LabRat]
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: Mon fils, mon sauveur 1/? - 10/29/07 02:44 PM
Hey, Choucky - welcome to the boards! Good to see you posting here.

You may be interested to know that as well as posting your story here, you can submit it to the Fanfic Archive in its original French form, as well as in English, should you get it translated.

We'd upload the French version to our SIOL (Stories In Other Languages) Section:

SIOL

It'll be very welcome there, if you want to submit it. smile

LabRat smile
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Mon fils, mon sauveur 1/? - 10/29/07 07:12 PM
Excellent début d'histoire -- j'ai hâte de lire la suite. smile

(and cookiesmom, if you need help with translations, I'm here!)
Posted By: saraL Re: FDK: Mon fils, mon sauveur 1/? - 10/29/07 11:11 PM
Choucky,
c'est excellent!! J'attend la deuxième part.
Posted By: choucky Re: FDK: Mon fils, mon sauveur 1/? - 10/30/07 12:25 AM
Merci pour vos encouragements, et merci aux traducteurs. J'ai déjà lu le travail de Cookiemom, et elle est trop dure avec elle-même : elle est excellente !
Labrat, thanks for telling me that I can post on the archive in french. I'll do it when I complete my story.
I'll post the next part today, heure française !(It' actually quater past 8 am...) : smile
Posted By: beethoven Re: FDK: Mon fils, mon sauveur 1/? - 10/30/07 12:54 AM
Good luck to you all....
I know first hand (well, second hand really) the perils of translation....
my grandfather is a published translator of poetry, (and apparently according to a lot of circles, he is quite a famous one at that, even with his own Wikepoedia page, but I am not going to mention him because it is irrelevant to this forums...)

not that any of it was my work, but I have lived the dramas of attempting to perfect the translations....

and I have also just recently completed an essay were huge debates went on in the Catholic Church (which officially finished in the 17thC) resulting from a third Century BC MISTRANSLATION from Hebrew to Greek... all starting from the Septuagint Refer to the paragraph Abortion: Always a serious sin

Good luck, I certainly wish that my French was p to the task, but unfortunately.... n'est pas, mon Lingue de la Francais c'est tres mal...
Posted By: Luna Re: FDK: Mon fils, mon sauveur 1/? - 10/30/07 12:24 PM
Salut!

Je viens de lire ton deuxième partie et je l'ai trouvé superbe. S'il te plait, continue avec ton histoire.

Merci beaucoup.

smile1
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Mon fils, mon sauveur 1/? - 12/15/07 02:04 PM
Bienvenue, Choucky!

Bon debut. smile Je suis bien intrigue.

Jackie (qui n'a pas de clavier Francais)
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards