Next Thread
Print Thread
#47517 10/18/07 11:23 AM
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I love this!

“Hey! What’s so tacky or sleazy about a playboy bunny costume?” Jimmy asked, his words eliciting two simmering looks from both of his co-workers. Backing up a few steps, Jimmy put his hands up in surrender. “Okay, okay, I won’t say another word.”
Poor Jimmy's really getting hit with these Guess the Author stories.

Lois snickered at that. “You must be from another planet then. I’ve never met a man who wasn’t into playboy bunnies.”
He is, Lois! laugh

“You know, Lois, I bet that I could come up with a better costume idea for you than you could for me.”
Ooh! I love it when Lois and Clark bet.

She suddenly had an image of him in nothing but suspenders, a straw hat, and a brilliant smile.
Mmm... all your hick fantastic come true.

“If I win, Lois, you have to go out on a date with me.”
I'd pick out the worst costume I could. Those are the kind of stakes I like!

This was the closest she’d ever come to getting her fantasy.
*Perks up* Fantasy? Yes! Can't wait to see what it is.

“What are you talking about, Clark? I know you’re not nearly as big, or as muscular, but you’ll still fill the costume out nicely.” Lois felt her cheeks grow warm at the small admission. Truth was he’d probably fill out the tight spandex too well.
Baha! I shouldn't have been surprised.

Clark threw his head back and laughed. “What is so appealing about me wearing suspenders? Is it supposed to be a joke about farmers?”

“Clark, trust me. When I think of you in suspenders, the word ‘farming’ doesn’t come to mind.”

“Then why do you want me to wear them?”

“I think suspenders would look sexy on you.”
laugh Me too. Where's that picture...?

[Linked Image]

laugh Great job!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
*sigh* This story was so cute...and sexy! *sigh* A perfect and happy story to read on my birthday. laugh

I particularly liked this bit:

She suddenly had an image of him in nothing but suspenders, a straw hat, and a brilliant smile. Not liking where her thoughts were drifting – they seemed to drift in that direction often ever since she’d seen him kissing Toni Taylor a few days ago – Lois wiped the delicious image from her mind.
*sigh*

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I SO know who wrote this one, and I am dying laughing! Very fun!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I so don't know who wrote it, as usual, but I love it!! Who doesn't? Just yesterday I was asking myself if no one was going to write a costume party story where Lois picks out a Superman suit for Clark. And here she did!!!! Yay!!! thumbsup clap

But Clark refuses to wear the Superman costume. I love the thoughts that went through his mind when he asked himself if he was really going to tell her - or show her - why not:

He certainly wasn't ready to tell her and if he was honest with himself, he probably wouldn't ever be.
That's exactly the impression I get of him. He isn't ready to tell her, and he never will be.

But...

He definitely knew her well enough to trust her with his secret.
Yes, he can trust her.

And...

If there was anyone he wanted to share this with, it was her.
Yes!!! He may not be ready to tell her, but he wants to tell her!

And so...

Clark's eyes settled on Lois. She had taken a seat on his sofa while he'd been changing. She quickly rose at the sight of him, her eyes glittering with confusion and … something else.

“Superman?” That single word sounded like it had been torn from her mouth. She took a step away from him, shock written all over her face.
No, Lois. Well, yes, but he is still mostly Clark!!!

What a superb revelation! I love it.

Good god, she'd picked out a Superman costume for … Superman.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!! rotflol

“If The Dark Knight ever catches wind that I wore a Batman costume for Halloween, I'll never hear the end of it.” Clark complained as he followed Lois through the revolving doors of the Daily Planet.
Hahahah!!! I remember a comic book where Clark and Lois went to a costume ball as Batman and Robin! Clark worried about what Bruce would say if he found out that Clark had dressed up as Batman, but Lois made a great Robin!!! rotflol Ah well - I'm sure she looks even better as Cleopatra.

These are two of my favorite quotes from this fic:

She suddenly had an image of him in nothing but suspenders, a straw hat, and a brilliant smile.
Oh wow!!! Oh wow!!! It ought to be illegal to give others mental images such as this one!!! (Although I'm still struggling to figure out how he keeps his suspenders suspended, if he isn't wearing pants....)

It wasn't like she was asking him to attend the Daily Planet's annual Halloween party naked or anything!

Don't go there, Lane!

Lois quickly threw the stray thought, along with the unwelcome – though completely delicious – image out of her mind. Maybe she'd go rummaging through the trashcan of her mind later tonight once she was alone, tucked snugly into her bed and inside the privacy of her apartment.
When Lois was tucked snugly into her bed, she would rummage through the trashcan of her mind and find the image of Clark Kent going to the costume party stark nekkid!!! Oh, oh, ooohh!!!! blush rotflol

Okay, whoever wrote this piece, it was absolutely brilliant, sexy, adorable and hilarious!!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow!! Nice story. I love the angst free revelation. ^_^

One thing:

On thing... I know everyone else thought it was sexy but all I could think of was... what's holding up the suspenders if he doesn't have pants. LOL laugh

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Have you lost your mind, Jimmy? Let Kent choose a costume for me? I’m sorry, but I don’t think that attending the Daily Planet’s costume party as a playboy bunny is quite what I had in mind.”
*lol* No, I don't think Lois would want to look like the playboy bunny -- as much as guys would want to see her in that, I'm sure. wink

“Lois, I’m not much into playboy bunnies.”

Lois snickered at that. “You must be from another planet then. I’ve never met a man who wasn’t into playboy bunnies.”
*choking with laughter*

Lois’s teasing smile disappeared. Sighing, she asked, “What’s wrong with the Superman costume?”
Nothing's wrong with it, that's exactly the problem. ROFL!! I love this!!

Good god, she’d picked out a Superman costume for … Superman.
OMG, I'm dying of laughter!!

“If The Dark Knight ever catches wind that I wore a Batman costume for Halloween, I’ll never hear the end of it.” Clark complained as he followed Lois through the revolving doors of the Daily Planet.
Oooh! Batman! smile Heh. He won't be so mad, Clark. In a few episodes, you'll fly out to space to destroy an asteroid and crash land into the Batcave. Ummmm? Sorry, what? That *wasn't* in the actual episode? Really? Man, I think my memory's got holes in it. (*laughs herself silly*)

“I think you look good in black.”
Mmm! We all think the same!!

“If you kiss me like that again, Lois, you can call me anything you like.” Their lips met again, and Lois forgot all about suspenders and straw hats.
Awwwwwwww! that was adorable!!

Excellent, excellent story. Truly and completely loved it!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Columnist
Columnist
“I think suspenders would look sexy on you.”
Oh yes laugh Thank you Laura for *that* picture wink

I'm having a hard time figuring out whom wrote this, but it was great!! The whole bet thing had me laughing out loud.

-Camy

p.s Happy birthday Anna!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, Happy Birthday, Anna!

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This is our second story with Clepatra story. (Okay, so the other one was just a runner up. But still...) I'm wondering if both stories were written by the same author. Maybe or maybe not. It's also possible that the one author read the other story and just got it stuck in the creative subconscious.

I would think it was the same person who made the motivational poster, but I don't think C_A writes.

This one was obviously written by a pro, so I'll vote for Pam with the hopes that she's started writing again.

Elisabeth

Columnist
Columnist
This story was just way too amusing!

Lois picks out a Superman costume for Clark! lol too funny!

Oooh, what an appealing image!

I know everyone else thought it was sexy but all I could think of was... what's holding up the suspenders if he doesn't have pants. LOL
When we get the answer to how he hides his boots and cape, maybe we'll get the answer to this question too. lol

I know I said that I wasn't going to guess anymore, but I'm going to point the finger at EditorJax on this one.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just have to chime in here and say how much I LOVED this fic! Darling, darling, darling! thumbsup And I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a revelation as much as this one. SO well done!

My favorite line was this one: "Good god, she'd picked out a Superman costume for ... Superman." Absolutely hysterical and perfect! I think that has to be the best one-liner I've read in fanfic all year. clap

NICELY DONE! Have absolutely NO idea who this is, though I suspect from some of the punctuation that this isn't someone in the US. One of our British authors, maybe?

Regardless, thanks for posting this! I adored it. smile

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard