Next Thread
Print Thread
#46988 10/07/07 12:19 PM
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yay!!! IT'S UP! Okay, I must go read.

Here they were, dealing with someone who had no idea who he was but instead of breaking things to him gently, Lois was throwing information at him without a second thought about it. She was in dire need of lessons on how to be subtle!
Haha! I love seeing other people's reaction to Lois. We're so used to seeing Clark, who loves her fiery spirit in all, I forget that sometimes people must think she's absolutely crazy.

No doctors!" Clark protested, immediately. He frowned again. "I... I have no idea why I just said that."

"I do," Lois offered. "It's all right." She turned to Bruce and gave him an icy glare. "Doctors are out of the question. Don't you realize what would happen the second they realize who this is? They're likely to want to... to -"

"Dissect me like a frog," Clark added, slowly. He could hear the words echoing in his head but he couldn't hold on to them long enough to remember the specifics very well. "My dad always says that
Yay! Good job, Clark!

Clark, deep down you're a good guy. I'm not. You're acting completely out of character and hurting Batman's image far worse than you imagine. I hate to say it like this, but I'd appreciate it if you went back to Metropolis."
Lol! I love this line.

Something that was deeply rooted within him - a profound need to make sure that she was safe and happy. But although he felt this way, he wasn't sure if it was appropriate or not to act upon it.
And that one. It's great that it's "deeply rooted" in him.

He got up, grumpily, and followed his wife out the door, wondering whether or not it was actually safe to be out at night around these parts.
You nailed Jonathan's character right there.

Wistful sigh, I loved this one, Lara! It was both action-packed and sweet. And I love a good amnesia fic, as long as it ends happily! Having Clark remember all of those things about Lois at the end was perfect. smile Thanks so much for this!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#46989 10/07/07 01:43 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful, there's no other word to put it. clap
I loved the whole story, the pace was great and you perfectly hit every single person, giving them a unique and indentifiable character (well, the ones I knew wink ).

You know, if it hadn't been *your* story, I probably wouldn't have bothered looking at a Batman crossover. But I'm so glad I did because you made me really like Batman laugh

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#46990 10/07/07 03:25 PM
Kerth
Kerth
clap

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#46991 10/07/07 03:28 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ooooohh! Part six is here!

"Where can I, uh... where's...?" Clark looked around, unsure where he should go. There were three doors to the study they were in, but he had no idea where any of them led - except for the elevator behind them that went back to the Batcave.

"The nearest phone booth is a coup-"

"Tim!" Bruce interjected, interrupting his protégé's poor attempt at humor. "Just show him to a washroom, will you?"
Hah!!! That was so funny! Reminds me of the very first Superman movie with Christopher Reeve, where he spots a "phone booth" which is just too tiny - it isn't a booth at all, but sort of a torso-height open cubicle - so he changes in a revolving door!

Clark walked back into the study, feeling strangely awkward. Sure, it was nice to be wearing street clothes again, but he felt out of place in a silk shirt and a pair of slacks that were probably worth more than a reporter's weekly salary. He had a feeling his own clothes were a lot more modest than these and would have given anything for a pair of well-worn jeans and a t-shirt. The discomfort died somewhat when he noticed the look of appreciation Lois was giving him.
I like modest Clark, who prefers simple clothes. Ah, but... I love the Clark who likes to be appreciated by Lois, too!

"You look... great," she said, blushing slightly. "Not, uh, not that you didn't before. I mean... You looked fine in gray, it just isn't your color and, well, you look a lot better like this. More like you. All you're missing is a tie with some strange print on it and-" She stopped cold, seeing everyone's amused expression. "What?" she snapped.

"Okay, that definitely sounds familiar," Clark told them. He had his eyes closed and a hand held up as if to ask them for a moment of silence. He opened his eyes slowly and frowned. "It's gone," he said, running his hand in his hair in frustration. "It's like one second I'm on the verge of remembering something and poof, the memory disappears again."
I love how he is half-remembering his ties, and how he "quarter"-remembers the fact that his ties were a part of his disguise, and that the tie was what he removed first of all when he was going to... well, what? I love how he ran his hand in his hair, too. Old habits die hard!

"No doctors!" Clark protested, immediately. He frowned again. "I... I have no idea why I just said that."

"I do," Lois offered. "It's all right." She turned to Bruce and gave him an icy glare. "Doctors are out of the question. Don't you realize what would happen the second they realize who this is? They're likely to want to... to -"

"Dissect me like a frog," Clark added, slowly. He could hear the words echoing in his head but he couldn't hold on to them long enough to remember the specifics very well. "My dad always says that, I – I think?
That's right, Clark! And I love how you have him remember little snippets at a time.

"Well, you know what? Even if what you're telling me about being Superman is true, I still don't have the slightest idea how to be him!"

Bruce chuckled at the words. Clark might not remember how act as his own alter ego, but his behavior and his actions all screamed of Superman. "Trust me, you don't have the slightest idea how to be Batman, either. Clark, deep down you're a good guy. I'm not. You're acting completely out of character and hurting Batman's image far worse than you imagine. I hate to say it like this, but I'd appreciate it if you went back to Metropolis."
Hah! I absolutely love this, Lara! Clark is too nice to be Batman, so Bruce would appreciate it if Clark stopped ruining his reputation! rotflol

"Please?" she implored. So much for seeing light at the end of the tunnel. It had suddenly extended several more miles; just like that. Lois barely had enough energy left in her to argue – she hadn't slept well in days and her nerves were just about shot. She didn't want to give up, but if Clark kept insisting he should remain here, she didn't what else to do about it. Tears stinging her eyes and with a shaky voice, she continued. "Clark, please come home with me."

<home>

Clark frowned, deep in thought. Home, she'd said. It was just a simple word, but the way it rang to his ears... as if it was a very important thing to him. Something he held dear, although he couldn't put a finger on the reason why that was. And there was something about the fact she was begging him to go back, as though it was important to her &#8211; almost imperative, judging by her reaction. Could it be that... could home be a place they shared? All along he'd known there was something special about her; maybe that was it?
Aahhh! So adorably sweet! But, of course, they don't share a home at this time. Oh, patient, patient Clark. :rolleyes:

Clark felt his heart breaking at the sight of her like this and he wondered why he could possibly have ever wanted to remain in Gotham at all. Obviously, he had something special &#8211; precious - in Metropolis. Someone who cared for him enough to have come all this way looking for him, when the rest of the world had decided they'd put enough effort into it already. He gave in to the impulse to comfort her and, closing the distance between them, he gathered her into his arms.

"I'm sorry. I... Please don't cry," he whispered softly. "It hurts me to see you hurting like this. You have no idea how I wish I remembered. Will you help me remember? About Superman. And me. Help me remember you, too. I want to remember you. I... feel things for you that I don't understand. I need to remember you."
Awwwww!!! <sniffle>

"I hope you're right..." he said, before hesitantly adding, "Mom."

It was all the encouragement Martha needed to run over and hug her son, as tightly as her arms would allow.
How sweet! <sniffle>

"I should probably go," Lois announced, getting up from the dinner table. Martha had insisted that she stay with them for dinner and so she had, but Lois was starting to feel that she had probably overextended her invitation by now.

"Nonsense!" Martha protested immediately. "You can stay as long as you want, honey. Right, Clark?"

"Yes, of course," he replied. "There's no need for you to leave &#8211; yet."

In reality, he would be sad to see her go this early.
Lara, really, this is too PG! He would be sad to see her go this early. Couldn't the poor guy wish that Lois would, well, just stay?

"Lois, honey, you are family," Martha told her in her best motherly tone. "Besides, you should keep Clark company &#8211; Jonathan and I were just about to go on our evening walk. Weren't we dear?"

"Walk?" Jonathan asked, puzzled. They never took walks at night &#8211; especially not in Metropolis, where they didn't know the neighborhood at all.
So funny!!

"Nope. The secret compartment in your closet is all there is," Lois explained, with a smile. "Besides a very smart partner, of course."

"Ah. So, you're the brains in this operation, huh?" He had a teasing smile on his lips that sent a long shiver running through Lois's spine. She wouldn't have acknowledged such a thing before, but she loved to be teased this way &#8211; by Clark, anyway.

"You better believe it!" she said, with a smug smile.

Clark gave her a look that she wasn't sure she could read very well. Blushing, Lois nervously closed the secret door again.
Aaahhhh! This is so sweet. Looks like it just occurred to him that it would be nice if Lois decided to stay the night after all.

"Are you sure these are mine?" he asked, trying to decide whether he liked the tie or not. "That's a little bit... loud, isn't it?"

Lois giggled softly. "Oh yeah, they're yours," she said. "Trust me. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but, well, it's part of your charm, I guess."
So funny!

Clark's expression had turned more serious and when his eyes locked in with hers, Lois's heart started racing madly, her breathing no longer following any sort of rhythm. A few seconds later &#8211; or an eternity, she could no longer tell &#8211; he had moved close enough that she could feel the tickling of his breath on her skin. Slowly she closed her eyes, tilting her head up just enough for her lips to brush lightly against his. A long, contented sigh escaped her the moment he claimed her lips in a shy, but tender kiss.
This is absolutely adorable. The shyness of his kiss.

Feeling disoriented, almost dizzy, Clark broke the kiss shortly thereafter. He opened his eyes and frowned, floodgates having burst open in his head, letting through waves upon waves of memories he had forgotten.
And he remembers!!! He kissed the princess, and he remembers!!! jump

And then he and Lois went flying... but you know, Lara, I think I'm going to add my own private epilogue. Because, as I told DJ recently, to me part six is sexy.... wink

Ann

#46992 10/07/07 03:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, sweet ending! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#46993 10/07/07 05:01 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
This was a very good story. I loved the ending. Maybe he should have kissed her earlier. wink

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
#46994 10/08/07 12:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lara --

I loved this story. Do you know how many times you had me giggling over something hilarious??? I know I'm demented because this story wasn't actually supposed to be *that* funny, but seriously, some of the situations you put poor Clark in... and then there's Batman. You write him fantastically. His wry sense of humor comes through beautifully and cracks me up. The way he was trying to politely get rid of Superman at the end was way too funny. laugh

So thank you for several weeks of good laughs. You ended the story beautifully, Lara. <waffy sigh> Mmmmmm, the longing and the kiss... very nice.

<hugs>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#46995 10/08/07 08:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
goofy

Please give more of same! grovel hail

~•~
#46996 10/08/07 03:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You do realize that you need to at least number the stories in your timeline thread so that if one wanted to, he, err, they could read them in order?

(The below is said with an Oliver Twist accent attached)
grovel grovel grovel Pretty please with suger on top? grovel grovel grovel

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#46997 10/08/07 03:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<DJ pops in here, butting her nose in where it surely doesn't belong...>

James - I believe in Lara's "Clark Kent is Batman NOT" series, that she goes in alphabetical order - A, B, C, D, E, F... and so on. The first letter is the next letter in the sequence. So all you need to do is start with the one that begins with "A" and go from there.

<g>

Am I right? <DJ certainly hopes so, not wanting to look inordinately stupid...>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#46998 10/08/07 04:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Weeeeeeeeee! Feedback! smile1 Thank you!! I means a lot to me to be done with this as well. I can sleep again. *lol* I'm so glad you thought the end was sweet and waffy. You know that's a hard thing for me to achieve on any given day -- it's even *worse* at 4:30 in the morning. (yep, that's it guys, you heard me, I finished writing the last little lines of dialog at 4:30 AM on Saturday. The things we do for fic, huh? LOL)

And about the ties... I just like to joke about them. I've tried to make some sort of comment about them in all the stories in this series - I haven't always succeeded, but I've tried. Sort of like a running gag. Ya know. Like... oh, I dunno... haircuts? wink

Ann - thank you for your comments! You know I love to read 'em! I couldn't help myself with the phone booth joke - it was WAY too tempting. Hehe! It means I kinda messed up a little something, if anyone's been looking closely, but ah well... it was worth the laughs.

I guess I kinda missed my target with this, too:

"You look... great," she said, blushing slightly. "Not, uh, not that you didn't before. I mean... You looked fine in gray, it just isn't your color and, well, you look a lot better like this. More like you. All you're missing is a tie with some strange print on it and-" She stopped cold, seeing everyone's amused expression. "What?" she snapped.

"Okay, that definitely sounds familiar," Clark told them.
It's not the ties that Clark remembers. frown It's Lois's babbling about insignificant things and her obvious annoyance at people not taking her seriously - even though she's going on and on about details that aren't very relevant. Ah well. As long as you guys got a giggle out of it anyway, I'm happy.

And yeah, Clark is way, way too nice to be convincing as Batman. If he kept it up, I'm pretty sure people would have realized that the real Batman was MIA and that the guy under the cowl was actually Superman. It wouldn't have taken them too long to figure that out.

Of course this was PG, Ann. What'd ya think? It's on this side of the boards, after all. But if you're nice, maybe you'll get something under the tree for Christmas. Who knows? (yes, I know we're in October. *lol*)

Laura - thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

countrygurl74 - thanks! (love your taglines, btw *lol*) I'm sure Lois would have liked to kiss him earlier, but I don't think he would have let her, seeing as though he didn't really remember her. He's a good guy after all. hehehe!

DJ - thank you! and sloppy I'm glad you had a good time reading this and it's so totally OK that you giggled while you read. I'm happy I could entertain you, it's my only goal. (and I'm totally doing the happy dance at your comment on how I've written Bruce - that means the world to me!)

Capes - thanks! I'm glad you liked it!! There will be more, there's still, um... 13 letters to the alphabet? (OMG, that many? *keels over*)

James - *waves* Like DJ mentioned, this is part of my "Clark Kent is Batman... NOT!" series which is alphabetical. All the stories are vignettes, except [K]nightfall which departs from the ordering as well in the sense that its chapters are ordered alphabetically. I'm being a little creative with the whole ABC idea, here...

Most of the stories are self-contained. You don't actually need to read all of them in order to be able to understand, unless noted at the beginning of a story that it starts off where one left off, or something of the sort. In the case of this one, the only thing you really needed to know was that from the get go, Lois knows that Clark is Superman and that they're dating (and perhaps that she once believed that Clark was Batman). Granted, if you haven't read the other stories, there are a few inside jokes you might not pick up on, but other than that, you're not going to miss anything big because you haven't read everything that came before.

This said..... if you *want* to read the rest of the series (and those stories are a lot funnier than this one was!) there is a TOC for them, right here . laugh

Whew! Didn't mean to be yappin' this long. *lol* Thanks to everyone for your comments -- and your support while I worked on this crazy adventure.

Hugs to all!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#46999 10/08/07 04:21 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
"The nearest phone booth is a coup-"
What a knee slapper! That's great!

Sure, it was nice to be wearing street clothes again, but he felt out of place in a silk shirt and a pair of slacks that were probably worth more than a reporter's weekly salary.
Not quite picturing that myself. Silk tie--maybe. Silk shirt--that's just not our Clark Kent.

"I guess I don't have a secret lair, with a dozen state of the art computers and a forensics lab, then," he said, amused. He'd been very impressed by Batman's arsenal, but kept wondering if all these things were really necessary.

"Nope. The secret compartment in your closet is all there is," Lois explained, with a smile. "Besides a very smart partner, of course."

"Ah. So, you're the brains in this operation, huh?" He had a teasing smile on his lips that sent a long shiver running through Lois's spine. She wouldn't have acknowledged such a thing before, but she loved to be teased this way – by Clark, anyway.

"You better believe it!" she said, with a smug smile.
This is great--funny and waffy all rolled into one.

They walked over to the balcony and, a blur of red and blue later, they took off into the night sky.
All's well that ends well. What a great ride this has been.

Poor Bruce. There's just no nice way to say "get lost", is there?
That reminds me of a story. On the date before James proposed to me, a buddy of his happened along and joined us. We were kind of in the middle of a pouring-your-heart-out conversation, so James finally said, "In all Christian love... go away." /me mutters to myself, "Happy memories. Happy memories." Did I ever mention that Off Topic is my middle name?

Oh, and the stories need to be either numbered or the TOC needs to be updated because James has downloaded them to read on his computer and the (K) is throwing off the order. (Sometimes you just have to speak James' language to understand.) Of course, he could just order the dad-burned things on his own hard drive, but that might just be too out-of-the-box to think of during year-end close.

It's not the ties that Clark remembers. It's Lois's babbling about insignificant things and her obvious annoyance at people not taking her seriously - even though she's going on and on about details that aren't very relevant. Ah well. As long as you guys got a giggle out of it anyway, I'm happy.
I understood it as the babbling, but either way, it's funny.

Elisabeth

#47000 10/08/07 04:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the comments Elizabeth! smile

Ya know, James, my dear - I can send you the whole of [K]nightfall in one file, if you like... *giggles* Would that help you out?

Ya know... this started out as a bit of a joke and I did three stories that were ordered alphabetically for some reason, probably because I thought it was really clever (riiiiiiiight!) -- honest to goodness, I NEVER expected to find myself actually going through the alphabet with this. I'm writing the N story right now and it looks like (although it won't be before the year is over, not by a longshot!) I'm really going to go through the whole entire alphabet. Talk about not knowing when to let go, huh?

#47001 10/08/07 05:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm sorry, it's late and I didn't must not have written my request clearly enough.

Yes, I realize that this is an 'alphabetical' series. But, as you mentioned it yourself, they are not in CHRONOLOGICAL order, I would like to know that order as well, which would be taken care of by placing a number up front of each entry or the like. If this is not making sence, I blame lack of sleet and working 10 hours straight.

I know that 'a & b' are stories 1 & 2

'c' happens sometime in the future, as I assume 'm' is as well, I haven't read that one, either. (I havn't read 'k' either, it is next on my list.)

'd', 'f' and 'g' seems to happen before 'c' and 'e' follows directly after 'c'.

So, as it stands,

1 A Sister Would Know
2 Blind... as a Bat!
3 Dark Night
4 Force Majeure
5 Green, Green Glow of the Arrow
#? Cut From the Same Cape
#+1 Exclusive!
#+2 Knightfall saga
##? Mated Mishap

Don't get me wrong, I am loving these stories immensely and can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the alphabet.

But (insert whiny voice), I like order and so would appreciate it if you could provide a ....I am too tired to think and I think ou have gottne the idea of what I am wanting. You are a very talented writer and I plan on digging up all your stories and reading them, soon.

Jamde

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#47002 10/08/07 05:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! OK, I gotcha!

It's late over here too (past midnight) - if it's all right with you, I'll post a timeline tomorrow. And I'll add it to the TOC, too. smile

#47003 10/11/07 03:08 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Lara! I'm sorry I missed this when you posted it! It's a nice WAFFy close to a fairly harrowing episode in Clark's life (not to mention Lois's life) and it left me with warm fuzzies. She wasn't mad that he'd kept the secret from her. In fact, she may not even remember that he didn't spill his guts to her until their next argument over some investigation (within the week, I'd say). Anyway, I liked it, and I plan to pull out the memory every once in a while and savor it all over again.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#47004 10/11/07 05:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Terry - thank you! smile

She wasn't mad that he'd kept the secret from her. In fact, she may not even remember that he didn't spill his guts to her until their next argument over some investigation (within the week, I'd say).
Um? You've lost me a little bit, now. Which secret do you mean?

That Clark knew that Bruce is Batman? *giggles* 'cause, in this universe, Lois has known for a few weeks already that Clark is Superman.

#47005 10/11/07 06:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, I finally got to this, and the ending was just perfect! Ditto to the others, there were some horrendously funny lines like the phone booth and the cliff's notes version :p . I could be a convert to Batman crossovers. wink

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#47006 05/26/08 04:23 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Oh, that was so great! I loved how you seemed to seamlessly weave Knightfall into Nightfall - really brilliant, if you ask me. thumbsup

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard