Print Thread
#45669 08/20/07 05:51 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have so little time to write feedback, but - Lara, you're lucky that I'm not likely to find an image at Google of a buck naked Dean Cain wearing only Batman's utility belt! drool Because if I'd found a picture like that, I don't know if I could have resisted posting a link to it!!! clap sloppy

Loved how totally disoriented Clark was when he woke up, and how his out-of-control superhearing was driving him crazy. I have to wonder if his need to help people has something to do with this, his eardrum-shattering registration of their pitiful screams, before he learnt to control his superhearing.

I loved how Batman's suit was the only thing that really made sense to him in the Batcave, and how it made him conclude that the suit was his, and that he was...
"Some sort of bat-man, I guess."
I felt so sorry for Lois, too. Aaahh! She is going to keep Clark "alive" by writing his usual "touchy-feely" stuff herself and send it to Perry in Clark's name. Well, that's going to expand your range as a reporter, Lois!

But I so hope that Clark will relatively soon meet Lois! Surely the sight of her is going to ring a bell with him! Anyway... as soon as Lois hears of a flying Batman she is going to put two and two together and come up with an amnesiac Superman, isn't she? What will she do to jog his memory? How about yelling, "Help, Batman!!!"? Or even "Help, Superman!!!" I can't believe his superhearing will be able to shut that out.

Looking forward to more, Lara! You know I really, really like this Superman/Batman stuff... as long as Lois is part of the action and part of the romance, of course!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ann

#45670 08/20/07 01:24 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Lara! Mmm - so many heart-tugging little moments in this. Lois' despair as she worries about Clark and her determination to do whatever it took to continue to keep his secret was simply heartbreaking. I also loved her righteous anger that they were mourning him now but had been so quick to turn on him just a few weeks earlier.

I have to agree with Ann, the mental picture of Clark wearing nothing but the bat-belt is distracting (to say the very least).

So where is part 3?

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#45671 08/20/07 03:08 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm, interesting and just a big RAFO right now! When's Clark going to leave the batcave, what's Bruce going to think, are more of his powers going to start reappearing...the list goes on!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#45672 08/20/07 03:11 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lara I loved this chapter! I'm so sorry I didn't get to look it over properly before... but you know what? It so didn't need me. LOL

It was perfect and heart wrenching and I feel so terrible for Lois.

And poor Clark!! The last line so made me giggle out loud and I can't wait to see him reveal himself as Batman and for Bruce to realize who he is and for him to pull Lois into all the fun of making Clark remember. laugh

Wooo!! More more!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#45673 08/20/07 03:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have so little time to write feedback, but - Lara, you're lucky that I'm not likely to find an image at Google of a buck naked Dean Cain wearing only Batman's utility belt! [Drool]
What? You mean you don't have that picture, Ann? <takes a peek in her pics folder... <drools>

LOL!!! Kidding! Totally kidding blush *ahem*cough*choke* <clears throat> You all know me better than that anyway. laugh Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Hee hee.

Lara, you know how much I loved this part and how giggly it made me <g> It's a wonderfully fresh and new idea and I'm enjoying it.

So... where's part 3?

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#45674 08/20/07 04:05 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Chapter 2. laugh

"Excuse me," she said absently when she rammed her shoulder into a telephone pole. Not bothering to look back, she walked on.
I know poor Lois is sad, but this made me smile. I do this so often it's really quite pathetic.

There was no way anyone was going to find out that Clark was Superman.
I love her protecting him!

And oooh! That ending! This is such a fun, fresh story. You're simply brilliant, Lara. laugh I love it.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#45675 08/21/07 02:32 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
blush Thank you!

I'm glad that you guys liked that little thing about the utility belt (and how he's wearing nothing but) -- but hey, they did have him in a hole in the ground with nothing on, in the show, remember? wink

And I'm sure he looks really great with the belt on, but... um... we're in the PG folder. 'nuff said.

Ann! Thank you! I knew you'd get a kick out of this. hehe! I promise that Clark will meet Lois. Eventually. I won't say when, but he will. And I'm pretty sure you're going to like what happens when he does. (oh, btw... the comic book page really made me laugh SO much! ..but, the other... Ann... that's not the real Superman, you know? *lol*)

Sue! smile1 Thanks! I tried to write a believable Lois - I guess, from your comments, that I'm not too far off the mark. (yay!)

Part 3... um... I think it's in Denver. I plan on catching it on Thursday morning while I'm "stranded" at the airport. hehehe!

JD - *lol* I, um.. had to go look up what RAFO means... *giggles* Thanks for helping make me a smarter person. <g> I hope by the end of part 3 you won't want to strangle me with the list of unanswered questions... <whistles innocently>

Jojo - awww! thank you! blush The last line made me laugh out loud as well, you realize. That one and the bat fetish. hehe! I've had those in mind for a loooooooong time - I'm really glad I was finally able to put them in the story.

DJ - no such picture exists, trust me. I looked all ov... <whistles innocently> I mean... um... blush Oh, look! PG folder! ahum. I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I'll get part 3 to you as soon as I catch it. I'm packing my butterfly net, just in case so I'm sure it won't escape. hehe!

Laura - aawww! thank you! sloppy btw, I've been known to apologize to telephone poles myself, so we're in good company, I think. <g>

Thanks to all of you for your comments - I'm so glad to know that I haven't scared you guys away with all that Batman madness. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#45676 08/21/07 02:58 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ask and ye shall receive: CK starkers in the bat cave. smile1 Thanks laugh

I'm so glad you brought up the super powers thing. It always bothered me about All Shook Up that he could go for however long it was without realising there was something different/wierd about him. Ok, he did wonder about the glasses when he did the swap at the office, but besides that, nothing! frown

Poor crazy, psychic Clark!

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#45677 08/24/07 03:21 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Yay, the boards are finally working for me and I can leave you feedback!!

"Perry, I'm sorry. Really, I am. I just..." The lump in her throat grew a few sizes more, threatening to choke her. Her eyes filled with tears again. "I can't do this. I can't."
Awww, Lois frown

"Excuse me," she said absently when she rammed her shoulder into a telephone pole.
I'm sad that she's sad and all, but I found that part highly amusing.

Men. Women. Children. All kept screaming. Screaming in pain, screaming with anger, screaming their joy. Screaming together, screaming at each other. He couldn't be sure, but he thought he might have heard someone screaming in ecstasy, too.
I love that entire scene with Clark hearing the voices, but this part was especially great. Especially the last line. <giggle>

"Let me guess... Oolong?" Lois asked, raising an eyebrow. And for the first time since the morning before, she managed to smile.
Aw, yay. I'm glad they've all got each other now.

Even stranger was the fact that he didn't have any clothes on, save for an odd, yellow belt with compartments on it that contained several utility objects like a knife and some sort of throwing weapons shaped like bats. Why he sat there, in a hole dug in the ground, completely naked was as illogical as it was inexplicable.
drool

drool

drool

Oh, right. Where was I?

"Some sort of bat-man, I guess."
Woohoo! This is exciting! Great job. I've got to see more soon!!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#45678 08/24/07 05:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I, um.. had to go look up what RAFO means... *giggles* Thanks for helping make me a smarter person. <g>
I wonder how far I could get in life if I take all the years I've spent here and invest them in something besides message board lingo...

JD...

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#45679 08/24/07 05:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hee! More fdk! Thank you!

gr8shadesofElvis - thanks!
Ask and ye shall receive: CK starkers in the bat cave.
Hehe! I told you you'd get your wish in part 2. smile

I'm glad you liked how I had Clark discover that he has superpowers. I always thought the hearing especially was something he controlled - filtering the information so he can pick up calls for help - and that this had to be done on a conscious level. He had to learn how and it made sense to me that he might forget how to do it if his memory was erased. (and I'm glad to say that when they did the superhearing episode on Smallville, they did something that went along these lines with Clark having to learn how to filter the information he could hear - that's how I knew my idea wasn't completely insane, btw...)

Jessi! smile Thank you! Yeah, the screaming in ecstasy... *lol* It was an afterthought and it made me laugh, so I put it in. hehe!

JD - you could probably have gone further in life, but would it have been as fun? I think not... wink

#45680 08/29/07 08:18 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hey! Where's the rest of this?

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing
#45681 08/30/07 01:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The rest is coming. Yes, yes, it is. I promise!

I was on vacation the past few days and haven't been able to devote as much time as I would have liked to part 3, but I'm back now and I'm going to do everything I can to get it posted by Sunday night or Monday morning. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard