Next Thread
Print Thread
#45108 08/04/07 05:40 AM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Very nice Bakasi.

“I’ll need to disinfect this,” she gestured vaguely towards his abdomen and unscrewed the top of a bottle of iodine solution. “This might hurt a bit,” she added, sounding much more light-hearted than she felt. She knew it was a torture, but she didn’t want him to get a fever just because he was so stubborn as to refuse to see a doctor tonight.

“Ow!” Clark gasped and rose up as the solution made contact with his injury.

“Grit your teeth and lie still. It was your idea to come home,” Lois ordered mercilessly to keep herself from crying instead.

Clark kind of relaxed, though his expression was still tense. His eyes had become narrow and he breathed in and out slowly, fighting the pain. But he didn’t say anything more. She heard him sigh with relief once she was done with the procedure and started to bandage his wound. A soft moan escaped his lips as her hands made contact with his side unintentionally. But he remained perfectly still and as she finished, Lois bent down to place a kiss on his forehead, rewarding him for being so brave.

“Thanks,” he murmured quietly.

“What for?” she asked and grinned at him. She thought she knew what he meant. Thanks for helping him. But she would so much rather hear something else.

“For kissing me, of course,” he replied and her heart started to race madly. He had said it, he had really said it. “I’m not a masochist, Lois. I know that you did your best to help me. But don’t think I enjoyed it. The other, well…” He ran his hand along her cheek, brushing away a strand of her hair. “That was far better…” His voice trailed off as he closed his eyes again and soon Lois heard his even breathing.
I love it when Lois takes care of Clark. And even in his amnesiac state, he knows that he loves Lois and of all of the things that she cold do for him, that little kiss on the forehead meant the most.

And fortunately Lois has come to terms with her feelings for Clark. I just hope that she figures out soon that something is not right in his head.

what happened to Clark? Why is he without powers. I think that if Lois finds out that he's Superman she could probably better understand him and help him.

As for that dream...I'm not quite sure what to think of it.

Great job Bakasi!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#45109 08/04/07 07:43 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
drool

“You’re either a hero or really stupid, partner,” she teased him.
Think that one through Lois...

“Ow!” Clark gasped and rose up as the solution made contact with his injury.

“Grit your teeth and lie still. It was your idea to come home,” Lois ordered mercilessly to keep herself from crying instead.

Lois bent down to place a kiss on his forehead, rewarding him for being so brave.
Aaaawww. Sweet. twins

Suddenly Superman’s hand darted forward and grabbed Clark’s neck.

“Damn you! You bastard!” he yelled furiously. “She is mine! Mine!” he emphasized. Lois watched Clark struggle against the deathly grip, his body going limp as Superman shook him violently.

“Nooo!” she screamed.
eek Clark's killing himself in her dream, and still she's no closer to figuring him out! Oh dear! Wake up Lois!

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#45110 08/04/07 12:40 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#45111 08/04/07 08:23 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I liked it a lot, Barbara!

Like the others, I love how Lois took care of Clark. (I have to add that what I love most of all was actually that she came back - I was really worried!)

Can't help that I like this:

She couldn't help but admire his perfect body. His well defined chest and abdomen were rising and falling with every breath he took. For a moment Lois just stared at him, completely in awe. She shook her head in annoyance. Gawking at him like this seemed so shallow. There was so much more to Clark than just his body. In this moment though, an emotion got hold of her, she had thought to be buried deep inside her to never be woken again – desire.
I liked her little observation about Clark's beard and the fact that she had never seen him shave, too, and that she had never seen him with a stubble before.

“I'm sorry I should have told you that I would be gone for some time. I bought bandages,” Lois explained. “You're either a hero or really stupid, partner,” she teased him. “Didn't it ever occur to you that you could get hurt?”

He only stared back at her, his mouth open as if he had trouble believing what she had just said.
Poor Clark. He really has trouble believing it.

“I'll need to disinfect this,” she gestured vaguely towards his abdomen and unscrewed the top of a bottle of iodine solution. “This might hurt a bit,” she added, sounding much more light-hearted than she felt. She knew it was a torture, but she didn't want him to get a fever just because he was so stubborn as to refuse to see a doctor tonight.
I'm glad that Lois isn't going to try to force Clark to go to the hospital, but I'm also glad that she isn't going to let him get a nasty infection. And I'm glad she feels sorry about the pain the iodine solution is going to cause him.

Clark kind of relaxed, though his expression was still tense. His eyes had become narrow and he breathed in and out slowly, fighting the pain. But he didn't say anything more. She heard him sigh with relief once she was done with the procedure and started to bandage his wound. A soft moan escaped his lips as her hands made contact with his side unintentionally. But he remained perfectly still and as she finished, Lois bent down to place a kiss on his forehead, rewarding him for being so brave.
Oh, poor Clark. And I love that she kissed him.

“Thanks,” he murmured quietly.

“What for?” she asked and grinned at him. She thought she knew what he meant. Thanks for helping him. But she would so much rather hear something else.

“For kissing me, of course,” he replied and her heart started to race madly. He had said it, he had really said it.
I love it!

She would have liked to kiss him again, more intensely, with all her heart and body. But she didn't want to wake him up, not when he looked so peaceful. She took off her shoes and lay down next to him, resting her hand on his chest and breathing in the endearing warmth of his body. She felt his hand on her shoulders, pressing her against him, unconsciously.

<Just another moment,> Lois thought as she closed her eyes. <I'll enjoy being so close to him just one more moment.>

Tired of the day that lay behind her, Lois drifted off to sleep.
I love it! Lois falls asleep beside Clark! With her hand on his chest! And he is pressing her closer to him, even in his sleep!

(But I hope that Lois remembered to cover Clark with a blanket - considering he has lost his superpowers and is injured, he shouldn't be sleeping half-naked like that...)

The dream really confused me. It was obvious, of course, that Lois believed that Superman and Clark Kent were two different people, and she dreamed of telling Superman that she had chosen Clark over him. But then Superman became nasty and scary - to the point that he actually seemed to be killing Clark. At first I didn't know what to make of it, but then I remembered that in this fic, Superman has been declared an international enemy, a supremely dangerous person. Lois has refused to believe it. But in her dream, her greatest fear played out before her eyes - maybe Superman really is evil? Maybe Clark is hurt because Superman hurt him?

I look forward to the next part, Barbara!

Ann

#45112 08/04/07 09:24 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for all that feedback, Sheila, Ann, Maria and gr8shadesofElvis (did I tell you how much I like that nick?)!

I'm glad you liked that part and I'm aware that the dream must be a bit confusing. Lois will tell you in part six or seven what it is all about.

As for that dream...I'm not quite sure what to think of it.
Well, Sheila, concerning the dream, you might not like its contents, but I'm pretty sure you'll love its effect drool </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hehe, this so cracked me up!

I have to add that what I love most of all was actually that she came back - I was really worried!)
I'm sorry Ann that I had worried you. I didn't intend to let the previous part end there of all possible lines. But since I didn't dare post these parts all in one, I had to stop somewhere and this point seemed the best choice to me.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#45113 08/05/07 09:41 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm, nice part, bakasi. Or should I call you "Queen of Cliffhangers" now? You sure did it again! Can't wait to see where this leads.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#45114 08/05/07 10:45 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I just read the first 4 chapters. Very interesting. I'm left wondering why Clark doesn't just tell Lois he doesn't remember anything. He may inadvertently end up pushing her away. Can't wait to see where this is going.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#45115 08/06/07 07:36 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks Mellie and Jackie!

Or should I call you "Queen of Cliffhangers" now? You sure did it again!
Oh Mellie, be sure this part isn't the one that should earn me that title! goofy

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#45116 08/06/07 09:25 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Oh Mellie, be sure this part isn't the one that should earn me that title! goofy
*groan*

Well, I had to ask. wink

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard