Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, I've decided to post this because it looked like we were having a slight drought in story instalments over the past couple of days. So, of course, when I log on to do so, I see several new story parts posted. I hesitated in posting, but then said 'what the heck'.

I've been off work for several days (there has been a real slow down in available work) but starting tomorrow it looks like things are going to pick back up. Actually, it looks like things are going to get crazy. Over the next eight weeks or more it appears that I'll be putting in some extra hours and weekend work on a fairly consistant basis. But that has nothing to do with you gentle readers I just wanted people to feel sorry for me. wink

This story is essentially done (thought some of the latter instalments still need to be proofed and tweaked before posting) so I plan to post a part every few days, depending on MY scheduled availability.

Any comments can go here...

Tank (who hopes that the gentle readers don't mind that I started with this follow-up rather than the one for To Protect and Serve)

Columnist
Columnist
Tank, the ending to this part was absolutely priceless! thumbsup

This is certainly going to be a nice ride. Looking forward to it, but wondering if Lois feels more rotflol

Merriwether
Merriwether
Ok, I knew the tangled hair was doomed from the get-go.

Perry was a surprise, and so was Cat.

But the end, the end was . . . was . . . dizzy

Oh, and I am the only one wondering precisely how Cat happens to have this information?

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

It was Cat's turn to look puzzled. "You really don't remember?" Lois shook her head. "Lois, Perry White was the Planet's top reporter at the time. You were just using him to advance your career. Just like you used Claude to get the job in the first place. Your first Kerth was for that story that you stole from Claude, and your second was the Messenger disaster that you covered with Perry." Cat's brow furrowed. "I always meant to ask you. Did it bother you to have to share the Kerth with Perry?"
You are a master of hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Kerth
Kerth
wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank

An excellent start! dizzy

I'm completely hooked and I can't wait to see how Lois copes.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
My first thought ==>Holy Moley!!!! eek

Now, I'm ==> rotflol rotflol rotflol

I can't stop!!

More soon, before I collapse!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh! You're posting this, Tank! And what an intriguing beginning, too! shock

And then Clark is a pretty poor reporter - what on earth is she going to do with him?

You've set yourself a real challenge this time. But, in a way, I can't help wondering if it's just as well that this universe's Clark doesn't seem to match up to Lois's own; after all, she was married to Clark in her own universe, and she's still very much in love with her husband. So we couldn't possibly expect her to see another Clark and fall madly in love with him... even if her own husband did fall in love with her counterpart, after a lot of heartbreak.

Fascinating!! Can't wait until I have time to read more! wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois raked a hand through her long tangled locks. It was hot, and the poor excuse for a hotel room she was cooped up in didn't exactly put air-conditioning at the top of their priority list.
Oh, boy did this strike a chord from a reader sweltering in the 'office' at home.

And, yay, another elseworld/alt universe - wonderful!

Lois looked down at her bathroom sink and the ever growing pile of shorn hair that was quickly filling the small bowl. She then looked up at her reflection in the mirror there. What ever made her think that she could cut her own hair?
You just had to, didn't you? goofy And that was very bad of you turning poor Jimmy into a woman! Aren't you ashamed of yourself? No, thought not. goofy

Marvellous - inventive and original and just plain fun and intriguing. Keen to see what you do to the poor woman next. <g>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ohmylord. Poor poor poor Lois. I was curious when the red-head female said all the good-looking ones want Perry (not even catching that it was Jimmy! ohlord), and Cat's reaction to seeing Lois again. But the conversation over lunch takes the cake! rotflol

Oddly, I'm having a Sliders/L&C vision of Lois smacking a timer yelling "Hit zero! Hit zero!" I wouldn't be surprised if she does yell for Wells!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Loved it, Tank!!

The 'Future' series was always one of my favorites...

I'm so glad you've given Lois a new start... Nice haircut!

But then, after seeing what universe you've stuck her into... dizzy

Wonderful and hilarious start!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Missy

Features Writer
Features Writer
great start Tank
I like your future series too
more soon please
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
evil side again, Tank.

The hair cut was to be expected. And no doubt there isn't a good thing about this universe's Jimmy. But the changes to Perry and Cat? And then the last line. Gay??? eek Oh dear, poor Lois. It's hard enough to cope with all the other changes, but this will make her really shocked.

Looking forward to see how you continue this, Tank. Now post the next part, please. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard