Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44723 07/24/07 07:01 AM
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I just caught up with the first chapter! Whew this is so interesting. laugh I can't wait for this one. Ok, let's read...

Sorry to quote so much but..

She was beautiful, he could tell that much. He stared at her, dumbfounded and unable to breathe. Much less could he say something coherent and thus he didn’t speak at all. Her face fascinated him, attracted him, and made his knees grow weak. If they hadn’t already been weak, that was. She had long brown hair and the most amazing eyes he had ever seen. Her lips looked delicate and he knew that he wanted to touch his lips to hers. She returned his glance, affectionately. He found it even harder to breathe. His heart rate increased as he threatened to drown in the dark pools of her eyes. Was it just wishful thinking or did she feel the magic of this moment as well?
I love that he's doing the love at first sight thing!

His own words surprised him more than he could say. He didn’t even have any idea why the mere word hospital raised a panic in him that was in no way justified.
We do! We do!

“You’ll take me home?” he asked and the anxious tone of his voice tore at her heart.
mecry He sounds so little and lost! Poor Clark.

Kissing Lois was like coming home and at the same time it was the most exciting adventure he could think of.
Ahh! I love that line.

Agh! Lois is going to throw a fit when she finds out about his amnesia! This story is wonderful. I can't even begin to imagine how it'll turn out, but I'm anixously waiting for the next chapter!

laugh

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#44724 07/24/07 08:48 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ditto everything Laura said, Barbara! I love all her quotes, too. Aaaahh, I adore that Clark loves Lois so instinctively and immediately. I remember a comic book story from the relatively romantic nineties, where Clark had lost his memory and Lois tried to give it back to him by kissing him. Well, it didn't work, and although he liked her kiss a lot, he didn't find it earth-shattering - well, he didn't find her kiss earth-shattering in that comic book, that is. I love that he responded so wonderfully to Lois's kiss here! *happy sigh* sloppy

And the other thing that he knew instinctively in this story was that people with scalpels and syringes were dangerous - no, he didn't realize that he was remembering his father's words about people dissecting him like a frog, but subconsciously, he was remembering just that.

The third thing that he knew instinctively was that he couldn't speak openly to Lois:

Clark would have liked to say the three magic words. I love you. But he didn't know if this was a good idea. She hadn't said it either. He couldn't really think of a reason why a woman would kiss a man like this if she wasn't in love with him. But right now he had no idea of the consequences these simple words might have. As long as he didn't know what kind of a man he was, he couldn't risk telling her something that he might regret later. He was pretty sure he wouldn't regret it. He had felt drawn to this woman from the first moment he had seen her. He thought he had fallen in love with her, head over heels. It seemed too soon to him. After all, he had only just met her. And yet he knew her almost his entire life.
It seemed too soon... he can't be honest with her, not yet. Oh, Clark. If you only weren't so scared of opening up to Lois.

I found this reaction from Lois interesting, too:

Strange as it was, she was almost relieved that he didn't look perfectly healthy. Everything about his appearance told her he hadn't run away from her. She had been wrong about this all along. The thought made Lois's heart beat faster, though she also knew that it meant she had been unfair to him once again. But one thing was certain - Clark hadn't left her on purpose. Actually this was all that counted.

Her conscience screamed its protest as she felt glad at the sight of Clark in distress. It wasn't because she wanted him to suffer. She would rather have him smiling and not utterly confused as he seemed to be now. But as long as he wasn't gone, she knew that everything else was easy to handle.
Lois is almost glad that Clark is hurt, and then she is ashamed of herself for thinking so. But the fact that he's hurt proves that he hasn't run away from her. And now that he is back, she feels optimistic about the future and ready to deal with almost anything. I love that.

But there are a couple of things I'm wondering about, apart from the two obvious questions. (What has happened to Clark? Why has the UN declared Superman an international enemy?) Clark seemed to get sicker once again as he went further into that alley. Is there Kryptonite there? Did the injured man in the alley have Kryptonite on him?

And, Barbara, the title of this fic. Hmmmmm. Separate lives. You have just reunited Lois and Clark, haven't you? So what on earth have you got up your sleeve?

Ann

#44725 07/24/07 09:16 AM
Columnist
Columnist
you did great girl. I love the kiss. the story is so powerful and I feel with Clark for losing his memory. thumbsup

#44726 07/24/07 01:09 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you for this wonderful story, Bakasi. I'm very interested to see where it will go.

Impulsively, Lois turned around. Startled a bit, Clark backed away. “I missed you so much, Clark. I thought you had left me,” she whispered and slowly she stepped closer to him, embraced him and leaned her head against his broad shoulder. It was so good to be in his arms, far better than she remembered it being. She could stand there with him like this forever. Lois looked up and saw the faint, insecure smile on his lips. A little clumsily, he ran a hand through her hair and down her neck, further down until it came to rest on the small of her back. It was all the encouragement she needed. Lois stepped on her toes and touched those wonderful lips with hers.

<Play along,> Clark thought. <Pl…>

He couldn’t have been kissed like this before. He certainly would remember. There was no way he could forget such lips. Clark felt like he was in Heaven. Forgotten was the fear and all the insecurity of the past minutes. This felt just right, like this woman was made for him. Suddenly it didn’t feel so bad anymore to have no memory of what had happened before he had woken up in that alley. It wasn’t necessary; this was all the memory he wanted to have. She smelled like a rose on a warm summer morning. He could see it: dew covering the blossom and the first sunlight reflecting in it, sparkling in a thousand different colors. Kissing Lois was like coming home and at the same time it was the most exciting adventure he could think of.
Even with amnesia, Clark knows that he loves Lois and that he wants to be with her. I hope that Lois can nurse him back to health and clear the air between them.
He wondered what kind of relationship they had. She had kissed him for real, so there had to be something. Friendship? Was she his girlfriend? Could she be his wife? His heart raced as this idea came to his mind. How wonderful would it be to be married to this woman? He stared at his hands. There was no ring. Clark let out a silent sigh. She wasn’t his wife. What a shame.
He even wants to marry her. This ought to be real interesting.

Great job and I am looking forward to the next chapter.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#44727 07/24/07 09:17 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh wow, thank you for the wonderful feedback.

I thought you'd like that Clark has forgotten all but one thing, namely that he loves Lois.I wasn't sure at first if he would remember, but then he said in the show that he fell in love with her instantly. And I don't think the attraction would vanish, just because he doesn't remember her anymore.

Agh! Lois is going to throw a fit when she finds out about his amnesia!
Oh, yeah, I guess she will. Seems as if Clark can't do without having secrets ;)I was looking forward to that revelation and I seriously hope I didn't blow it.

And, Barbara, the title of this fic. Hmmmmm. Separate lives. You have just reunited Lois and Clark, haven't you? So what on earth have you got up your sleeve?
Well, for once it won't be separating Lois and Clark. At least not physically. I know I've done that previously and wrote 30 pages where they didn't even meet. I must admit, it wasn't quite easy to find a suitable title for this fic. But I hope I was sucessful. In fact I really like this title. It tells enough but not too much smile

But there are a couple of things I'm wondering about, apart from the two obvious questions. (What has happened to Clark? Why has the UN declared Superman an international enemy?) Clark seemed to get sicker once again as he went further into that alley. Is there Kryptonite there? Did the injured man in the alley have Kryptonite on him?
Well, I'm sorry Ann, you'll have to wait a little to learn what this is all about. But it's not a major secret as Lily's death in my other fic. Truth be told I probably would have been less mysterious if I had known why she had died. wink However, I promise I already know who the hurt guy is.

Anyway, I'm doing the happy dance here party

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#44728 07/25/07 01:55 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
great part, bakasi!
He wondered what kind of relationship they had. She had kissed him for real, so there had to be something. Friendship? Was she his girlfriend? Could she be his wife? His heart raced as this idea came to his mind. How wonderful would it be to be married to this woman? He stared at his hands. There was no ring. Clark let out a silent sigh. She wasn’t his wife. What a shame.
wohoo, it's going to be very interesting now!
Don't let us wait too long wink

Vanda

#44729 07/25/07 07:33 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks, Babsi. I'm glad you like it. And I'll post another part as quick as possible.

#44730 07/26/07 01:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bakasi, there're just two parts posted and I'm already hooked. smile1

Suddenly it didn’t feel so bad anymore to have no memory of what had happened before he had woken up in that alley. It wasn’t necessary; this was all the memory he wanted to have. She smelled like a rose on a warm summer morning. He could see it: dew covering the blossom and the first sunlight reflecting in it, sparkling in a thousand different colors. Kissing Lois was like coming home and at the same time it was the most exciting adventure he could think of.
My favorite quote. I love all this WAFF! [Linked Image]

As for the title, Separated Lives, I'm guessing that this has to do with the 'stranger' at the alley. I think he isn't exactly a stranger, though I don't know exactly how it has happened. help Or it's my wild imagination speaking. :p

I'm looking forward for the next part. jump

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#44731 07/27/07 05:28 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for the wonderful feedback, Andreia!

Or it's my wild imagination speaking.
Well, wild imagination isn't necessarily wrong wink But I won't confirm any rumors, because I like it when my reader's throw in theories. Sometimes you've awesome ideas!

#44732 07/27/07 09:56 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Wow, what a story! It gets more and more intriguing. My favourite quote has been used several times again, so I won't add it another time. But this last line sure rocks. Well, it doesn't mean that it can't happen, does it?

But the title. Hmmm. Separate lives. And it's not Lois and Clark. At least not this time. Which implies... Surely you didn't mean Clark and Superman? eek That'd be so weird.

Hurry back! (Und mach deinen BRs Feuer unterm... du weißt schon.) hyper

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard